PDA

View Full Version : New Jewelry Photos--What Do U Think?

BurningScentsations
09-21-2004, 11:06 AM
OK,

As you may or may not know, this summer has been one wild rollercoaster. From preparing madly for my first show and having it turn out to be totally fruitless to working on getting back my bead making groove.

Well, things are really starting to look up and I thought I'd share a picture of what I've been up to now with some of the beads that didn't sell at the show or on E-bay when they were listed a while back.

I watched a friend of mine making jewelry while we were at the show and realized I had the equipment and now that I saw him do it, I had the know how also.

These pieces will be worn by myself and are each about 20" long and will, hopefully, act as advertising when I'm out and about. Who knows?

These have been strung using my glass beads and some natural stone beads that I got at the gem/jewelry show a few weeks back.

The stones used include hematite, amethyst, black onyx, and picture jasper.

I've got the beads just about completed for a commissioned necklace that I will also post here once it is completed later in the week.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You and Enjoy,

Lloyd

J. Cross
09-21-2004, 11:24 AM
Lloyd
You have a very nice balanced pattern to your design. They look durable, comfortable and masculine. Good start
Joan :wave:

Elena
09-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Lloyd,
Nice job, I have always admired your beads..You may want to try some styles with less beads and leather stringing material as another choice!
ITS all good!
Always have fun,
Elena‹

Laura Pino
09-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi Loyd,

I think those necklaces are awesome, they definitely have a manly touch about them. I think i remember seeing those tiger beads when you first posted them! it's great to see that you put them together like that. very cool. How did the show go?

:wave:
laura

BurningScentsations
09-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Lloyd,
Nice job, I have always admired your beads..You may want to try some styles with less beads and leather stringing material as another choice!
ITS all good!
Always have fun,
Elena‹

Elena,

Funny you should mention this. I forgot about the necklace I made for a friend of ours on her birthday from a set of beads that she had been admirining. I actually made this necklace a few days before the two above, but forgot to post these pictues.

This necklace just happens to be made with the leather cord and knotting that you suggest!!!

Thanks for the reminder.

Lloyd

CorvetteJuliet
09-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Those look great. Just be sure to keep some biz cards in your pocket. I'm always getting asked about the lampwork I'm wearing! I'm sure you will too. ~Juliet

LadyArowana
09-21-2004, 10:16 PM
Wearing things is always good advertising, also worth telling people that things can be made different lengths if they want. Women of different proportions don't always suit the same length, but a lot of people are not very aware of that, or even if they are they don't ask if things could be slightly changed.
Even if you don't want to undo a piece and remake it you could always offer to make a new one of suitable size. Sometimes a shorter choker length is actually more flattering and you can always show someone that by holding the extra length in back.Some people like matching earrings/ bracelets too. Fiona

BurningScentsations
09-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Good Morning,

I wanted to send a big Thank You to everyone for the compliments and tips that you have sent. It is always great to get other peoples perspectives on items and insights and I cherish it always.

I'm working on a necklace which is a birthday present and will be posting pictures soon. It is a quantum leap over other bead sets that I have made before and cannot wait to show it off!

Thanks again,

Lloyd

Norma623
09-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Lloyd - you've already gotten some great feedback - I would add one more thing....check out the "wearable art" forum - they always have show and tell like we do, except it's already in jewelry form. You can get TONS of ideas - I have sortof gravitated to just beads myself, but I have a few simple necklaces on my website that might give you some ideas too. Good luck!

BurningScentsations
09-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone here know, that I've started another thread for some more jewelry photos.

Take a peek here: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218855

Enjoy!

Lloyd