PDA

View Full Version : Jasons first Academy Art assignmt drawings

LarrySeiler
09-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Jason shared, via email...his first three anatomical studies of the human skull in a life anatomy class he has...(Chicago American Art Academy...)

the first a drawing, the second (side view) goauche, and the third (rear view) acrylics...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/532-skullfront.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/532-skullside.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/532-skullback.jpg

I was impressed...he's workin' very hard.

Larry

Axl
09-21-2004, 11:32 AM
How is he enjoying school thus far??

LarrySeiler
09-21-2004, 01:26 PM
How is he enjoying school thus far??

says he is absolutely loving it. Busy now....with his wife and daughter, his work on commissions aside, and school.

His goal is to push himself as hard and as is possible...

Larry

AFM159
09-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Awesome as always. Thanks for sharing!

coolray
09-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Well, that's another way of usin your head!!!

Jason is simply amazing! All of this and school too. I hope he enjoys all the rewards that come with it!!!!

congrats Jason! And Larry, thanks for sharin!

Terry

TedDawson
09-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Jason is so good. I hope he has instructors who respond to that by pushing him further. There are too many teachers out there who recognize the best in the class and pretty much just feed them A's. It's obvious that Jason pushes himself, but some extra pushing and direction and knowledge along with that is invaluable. Then again, I was a slacker, so maybe it's just something I wish I'd had!

LarrySeiler
09-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks Ted..

Jason is cutting into his commission potential, and other opportunities to do this, believing it will make him a better artist in the long run. I think if anything, Jason may prove a pain in the b_tt wanting to learn more.

If there is a problem, it might be profs wanting to address something that doesn't go over most heads...but Jason will want his neck up to it!

He wants good grades...but he wants to earn them. It wasn't grades though that brought Jason to this school...but a drive to out do himself and improve.
I'm sure he'd agree with all you said, Ted!

take care

Larry

Jason Seiler
09-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone, I just saw this post. Things are going well at school. I am being challenged which is nice. Different techniques that I've never done or used. The anatomy is learning all the parts of the body, bones and muscle's, and how to draw them in the correct porportions. I'm excited to say I recieved the highest "A" in the class on my skulls...so that was a little weight off my chest. Due in a couple weeks are the front and back of the torso...I'll try to post those as well. For my other class I did a charcoal collage of different building pieces that I found around the city. We all had the same assignment...I'll try to post that as well. The point of this assignment was composition...I'm very pleased with the way it turned out...my instructor is very happy with it as well. Tomorrow we will dicuss what we did, he'll walk around and critique them.

I am being pushed, and loving it...and when I'm not being pushed I go ahead and push myself.

Talk to you all later!
-Jason

Kathryn Wilson
09-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi Jason! You look like you are settling in well in class - these drawings are superb! But, I think I wouldn't expect any less from you.

Glad you are being pushed and challenged - you'll be the better for it. :clap:

prairie painter
09-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Yipe, definitely some skillful skulls! That third view, from the rear, if you changed a bit of shading on the jaw to bring it forward, make the teeth a bit more pointy, would make an excellent alien. :wink2:

kahlua
09-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Those are some amazing looking skulls! Wouldn't have expected anything less. I look forward to seeing your buildings!

designbyjen
09-27-2004, 10:03 AM
these are great! are the choice of medium yours or the teacher's? makes it all the more fun either way.
~~~jen