PDA

View Full Version : WIA Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Andee
09-21-2004, 04:50 AM
Good morning everybody!

A quick hi from me, no weird dreams to tell about this morning ;)! I'm looking forward to the silversmithing class this afternoon (it's a weekly thing for the next couple of weeks), other than that - no news here!

Have a lovely day, y'all! :wave:

Gingerbiscuit
09-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Hi Andee :wave: and all who follow!

Enjoy your class Andee, I'd love to join you!

It's definitely an autumn day here - there's quite a chill in the air.

Have a lovely day! :)

LLane
09-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi Lynne .... Hi Andee....and all those coming in later. :wave:
Definately autumn here too!!! It's not just the lower temps.... it's that crisp crystal clear air.... no humidity I guess.

Hope everyone has a fab day today..... silversmithing or (wishing we were silversmithing), or whatever your day brings you.

I'm off to torch..... have a big day in mind..... we'll see how much of what I think I can get done..... actually is in the kiln at the end of the day! :D

Peace,
Lois

beclectic
09-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Good morning all,

Ginger did y'all ever have summer? I remember you saying summer never came a while back.

Andee, the only problem with silversmithing is that then you need more copper and silver. :D

Lois, the weather is perfect for torching, cool and dry here and it sounds like there too.

I've got a full day planned here at work. Plenty to do that is for sure.

I stayed up way too late last night but I was on a roll. I used that chrysanthimum link that is in the 'Jewelry Links' thread and made a chrysanthimum cane in polyclay last night. I was makeing hearts and covering them its great fun. I made a bead too. I'm going to make more tonight. Making the cane took most of my evening. I hope it turns out good once they are cooked, sanded and finished. My cane wasn't perfect, I realized some things I would do differently next time. Mixing the colors was the most fun but I've always like mixing colors. Once I start making jewelry out of them y'all will get to see them but that will be several days at least probably more.

Have a fun and productive day,

toozygoot
09-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Good Morning Andee, Lynne, Lois, Barbara and those checking in later!

I haven't been posting because all my stuff has been packed away for some time. In less than two weeks we head back to FL. I'm looking forward to being able to set up again and being able to really spread out! I just don't have enough space here.

Barbara - can't wait to see your newest endeavor!

Have a great sparkling day!

pat

Gingerbiscuit
09-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Ginger did y'all ever have summer? I remember you saying summer never came a while back.

Nothing worth shouting about! LOL! :D

McDuck
09-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Hello EVeryone! I hope you have a wonderful day today with whatever you are doing. Waves to :wave: Andee, Lynne, lois, Barbara and Pat and all who follow! Running to take my shower then to photo the new dragonfly and new beads I have, off to ceramic store, massage (it seems to be helping my back) and then back to glaze beads and to make my surprise item. Wait till you see it!

*cracks* whip at Barabara, come on girl, lets see your beads!

Okay great day to you all!
Mary

Beads-Me!
09-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Good morning friends! A quick fly-by on my way out to the torch. The Bead Expo is going to be here before I know it..... I hope you all have a wonderful day!

TheBlueBetween
09-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone! I missed you yesterday! I was trying to make those earrings all day, and taking Luke to the regular pediatricians just to make sure things were heading in the right direction with the pink eye - all cleared up now!!! And without antibiotics. Phew.

Today is our wedding anniversary. 8 years. we really don't celebrate it for some reason. Do you all? I don't know why we don't.

May take Mom and Luke to the rock shop today and maybe the aqauarium. I need to make the bracelet to go with the earrings but I'm waiting to hear if the bride-to-be likes them or not. I sure hope she does.

Well that's about all from me. Have to run!

Andee
09-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Barbara - well, that can't be helped! ;)

Pam - congrats on your anniversary!!

Everybody - :wave:

flynfire
09-21-2004, 02:21 PM
:wave: Hi all. I'm on top of the world today because I have sold 14 pieces of my own jewelry this year. (To those of you who actually make a living at this, don't laugh!) I've only been at it since March, I live in a town of 2000 people, and I have a small niche market. My pieces are even with the number of sales of my most popular 14kt gold cast charms that I buy from another jeweler. Yay me!! :clap: I can buy more silver and stones!!
Kit

Barrie
09-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Good morning/afternoon/whatever time it is!!! I have a class tonight (regular once a week thing), good group, no complaints. My youngest (14 year old) son is going to come with me, along with two of his friends to hit the cheapy theater next door. They're going to see Residient Evil; Apocolypse or some such nonsense. Should entertain them while I'm teaching. I'm working on custom stuff, yet again, this afternoon.

Andee - enjoy your class!!
Lynne - enjoy your beautiful weather (even though it's not summer anymore)
Lois - hope you get more than expected done!
Barbara - can't wat to see your chrysanthemum cane! (Did you see the floral polymer beads in the Glass Forum yesterday - stunning!!)
Pat - how exciting to be able to pack up and move to Florida (your winter home, isn't it?) Lucky gal!
Mary - can't wait to see your surprise item! Get glazing girl!!
Nancy - time sure flies, doesn't it!?!? Have fun at the torch today
Pam - we don't really celebrate either, and it's been 21 years. We went to McDonald's and the discount theater for our 15th, I think that's the only one that stands out in my mind! LOL!
Kit - congratulations on your sales. As one who does make some semblance of a living doing this, no laughing here. A niche market is a tough market, and it sounds like you're on top of the game! :clap: Keep up the great work!
To all that follow, hope you're having a wonderful day. I'm off to work now, have fun!!

Edited to add a quick picture of those amazing polymer beads! so pretty!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/10732-polymer_beads

debkauz
09-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey guys,
Just want to say bye for a while. I am a bit frustrated with forums in general right now and just need a bit of a break. Mind you, that probably means that I will post 20 times tomorrow, but I don't think so. I will probably lurk off an on so I will try to keep up on what's going on. I will also check PM's from time to time. Hugs to you all. I will miss you until I get back!

Deb

tamjai
09-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi to all - deb, hope to see you soon!
oh i could just cry....i dropped my camera(still attached to computer, jumpup to answer phone @#[email protected]??*& phone) and now it is behaving very badly. the first couple of shots were fine so i though i was off the hook. then i went to shoot my new bracelet and they are totally blurry and there is an ominous 'clicky' noise inside. i'm praying it doesn't cost a bundle to fix, if it can be fixed..... :crying:
hope ya'll are having a better night!
tam

SuzyQ
09-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Hello all!

Barbara I know how much fun you had with your cane! I do hope your share some results.

Kit that is fantastic!

Barrie I have some catherine tiles, lucky you!

Me? I had my first fusing/soldering class today. I didn't get to play with fire yet but cut and coiled copper to be soldered on a brass sheet. I'm chomping at the bit to solder! But, I'll do my best to leave my husband's torch alone :) I am also taking a lampwork class on Saturday, finally!! I've only wanted to do this for a year now...... I'm nervous and excited...... So many things to learn and finally some time.
I must admit I'm a little lonely still without any children around all day. I really miss having a lunch buddy and I can't believe I actually don't enjoy the grocery store all alone. This will pass I know :)

bay75
09-22-2004, 12:26 AM
SuzyQ did your youngest just start school? I know what you mean...my son started Kindergarten and my daughter is in grade 2. From 11:45 to 2:45 I am completely lost. I really don't know how to function without a hand to hold, stories to read to a little one, etc. I too know it will pass but until then????

Mary

SuzyQ
09-22-2004, 06:51 AM
Mary,
No my youngest is in first grade this year 8:30 till 3:30! Last year was just the morning and I loved being able to exercise and get in 2 hours of work. She came just before I ran out of busy work. This year I'm just wandering! Do you feel "incomplete" too?