PDA

View Full Version : Show & Tell Tuesday 9/21/04

TheBlueBetween
09-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Hi everyone - I finally got these earrings done - what do you think??? Remember when I asked for advice on what kind to make for this wedding dress? Well here they are! Thanks everyone for all the wonderful suggestions :)

Ok, so do you think I need a back-up plan or does this work with this dress??! (I'm about to go blind from staring at pearls and crystals all day)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/27814-jennyearrings.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/27814-jenny3.jpg

:) Pam

Shirley C.
09-21-2004, 02:00 AM
pam, i think they're wonderful!! and yes, i think they'll go with the dress beautifully. :clap:

TheBlueBetween
09-21-2004, 02:08 AM
pam, i think they're wonderful!! and yes, i think they'll go with the dress beautifully. :clap:

Hi Shirley :wave: Thank you :) I hope she loves them too!

Are you home?? Hope all is well in your world :)

Oskadis
09-21-2004, 04:31 AM
Beutiful earrings! I think they match the dress very well :clap:

Andee
09-21-2004, 04:45 AM
Pam - they are beautiful! And they definitely work with the dress! :clap:

Yesterday I bought these light rose glass beads with flecks of goldstone - and in my bead stash I found the perfect match for them with these white-based rose-lustered freshwater sticks...

Andee
09-21-2004, 06:51 AM
Got another one: lampwork mine, freshwater pearls and etched glass that in daylight is more blue, otherwise has a slightly more purplish look.

Gingerbiscuit
09-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Your earrings are gorgeous Pam. The bride is a lucky girl! :)

Andee, your necklaces are very pretty. I like your lampwork focal.

beclectic
09-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Pam, those earrings are georgeous and work well with the dress. I hope she will love them and remember her wedding every time she wears them.

Andee, what a happy combination those pink stick fw pearls are with those glass beads. I love that color change glass in the other necklace.

LLane
09-21-2004, 08:22 AM
Pam....... earrings are going to be perfect!!!
Andee...... beautiful lampwork.... and nice combo. I like the pearl and goldish beads too. I have a stash of those stick pearls that seem to come out onto the bench and then always find their way back to the drawer without getting used.... but I love this look.

Peace,
Lois

toozygoot
09-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Pam - they are gorgeous and couldn't be more perfect for the dress!

Andee - beautiful pieces! I love how you combine things and make them work!

Nice start to today's Show & Tell!

pat

carebear
09-21-2004, 09:05 AM
pam...yupper..the earrings are perfect! i bet they swing really nicely too!

andee..i just love your work..always so elegant!

here's some more red and purple from me...the top one is liquid silver and red and purple swarovski with a silver heart button...the second is also supposed to be twisted, purple stones, liquid silver and the second row is red delicas with a silver swirled button (can't see the button, the cat was sleeping on the scanner and was getting irked with my playing with it!) bottom one is meant to be worn twisted, but I untwisted it a bit so you could see the stones...one row of red, one of purple.......

have a wonderful day everyone!

carrie

McDuck
09-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Pam - the earrings are beautiful and match the dress perfectly! Great job now go rest those perty eyes!

Andee, the first is so light and airy, very nice, the second is kinda funny as i made the exact focal last year. ROFL and dont great minds think alike? hehe :D

Carrie - you are on the purple/red roll now arent you! I still need to post that red/purple hat for a pic or whatever that i have.

As for me let me get done here then a quick pic of some new things from yesterday.

Hugs,
Mary

bubbasjewels
09-21-2004, 10:04 AM
::::::::Drool:::::::::

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

McDuck
09-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Finally! I have some new beads to show you they can also be cabs, about the size of a quarter just a tad larger. They are terra cotta with opaque white glaze, firey red glaze and a red/green mixed glaze. A new butterfly bead, another mask and star fish too

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/18183-9212004-1.jpg

You can see the green in the recesses.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/18183-9212004-2.jpg

The a new lil guy, a dragon fly. Same size as froggy and gecko.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/18183-Dragonfly1aWC.jpg

-Mary

beclectic
09-21-2004, 10:59 AM
<snip>

You can see the green in the recesses.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2004/18183-9212004-2.jpg
<snip>
-Mary

Mary I like it all but the terracotta with white as cabs in one of those Juls bracelets with the seed bead mount would be out of this world. I can see it so clearly, the seed beads should be matt terracotta with occasionaly white semitransparent matt accents. A necklace would be good too. The other color combos are very striking also.

Mary, I went to your web page to see if the terracotta and white were on your site yet. When I clicked on the Ceramics link it open in a page without navigation button, then when I clicked on the items to look at a bigger picture there was no way to get back to the ceramics page. I had to close the big picture and go to the Ceramics link again. Is that only happening to me, or ???

McDuck
09-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Thank you Barbara! does this mean I should have a selection for you to choose from whilst youare here for the silversmithing class?? :D i bet it would be smashing too!

-Mary

beclectic
09-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Thank you Barbara! does this mean I should have a selection for you to choose from whilst youare here for the silversmithing class?? :D i bet it would be smashing too!

-Mary

I don't know how many I can afford but that would be great. I'd love to be able to pick them up when I come up. Sounds like I should take out a loan before I come up, I want everything I see. :D

BTW, please look at my post above the one I quoted here. I had a little problem with your website.

McDuck
09-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Hmm...the big pic should open in a new window. Let me have the webmisteress look into it. It shouldnt open that way. I musta goofed it up :rolleyes: magine that.

Well IF you are lucky I wont have any left after my next two shows and you will be able to not take out a loan. LOL

Okay I went to look. When i click on my site, then open the ceramic ducky icon it opens anew window. When I click on the pick to see a larger view, it is supposed topoen in a new window too. Is your web browser set up to do that? Open new windows?

-Mary

TheBlueBetween
09-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Thank you everyone ! Big big hugs! I've emailed her with the photo and am crossing my fingers she loves them too.... ug, the suspense! If she does, I'll have a matching bracelet soon...

Mary I love the dragon fly!

Andee that floral bead is fantastic - great necklace for her :) The pearl and goldstone necklace is great too!!!

Carrie - I wish your scans were better :crying: All I can really tell from them is that you have great color sense.

Pam

Patricia'sglass
09-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Hi all. Looks like everyone has been busy as bees. What a great s&T today.

I love those earrings, too, Pam.
Andee, you are right those beads a re a perfect match. I love the soft pink and sparkly.

I finished my first catapillar bracelet and am so excited! I went through 3 different threads and they all shreaded after awhile even though I used beeswax. I liked nymo Sz D the best but I'm still looking for something I feel more confident in to make the piece enduring. Here it is! Boy, do they take a long time to make! I used a lampwork bead I had made for the clasp. The lentils work great. The watch I used was one I had sitting around the house and never used. I just wound seed beads around the part that usually attaches to the watch band.

Andee
09-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Thank you all for your praise! :)

Carrie - nice work, I especially like the red and purple one, great colour combo!

Mary - ah, you still have a pic of that focal? :) I love your new beads, especially the white ones! And of course Cutie McPretty, the dragon fly!!

Pam - fingers are crossed that your friend will like the earrings! :)

Patty - wow, that is one delicious piece of work! :)

McDuck
09-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Mary - ah, you still have a pic of that focal? :) I love your new beads, especially the white ones! And of course Cutie McPretty, the dragon fly!!

Andee, I have slept ate or thought since then...umm which focal???

-Mary...errrr...McDuck..I get to make the beads the rest of the day!! :p

McDuck
09-21-2004, 02:25 PM
pattym, great work! WOW that is lovely and the colors are so smart!
:clap:
-Mary

McDuck
09-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Oh Barbara, I gues some of the pics come up in a newwindow and others dont :mad: another thing to fix. :(

-mary

Andee
09-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Andee, I have slept ate or thought since then...umm which focal???

Mary - you said you made the exact focal last year (the encased flower I used in my necklace)... And I always thought MY memory was bad! ;)

McDuck
09-21-2004, 04:10 PM
ROFL umm nope i dont think i do. But it's funny how great minds across the pond think alike eh?

TheBlueBetween
09-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Pam - fingers are crossed that your friend will like the earrings! :)

Thank you - she says she loves them! I'm so releived - I was worried she had something else in mind but all I could think of were these. So glad they are going to be "it".

:) Pam

toozygoot
09-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Carrie - makes me want to join the Red Hat Society! Very nice!

Mary - I love all your pieces but that dragonfly is just perfection! Love it!

Patty - I love your caterpillar watch! Such fun to wear!

pat

McDuck
09-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Barbara, thank you for letting me know abut the website boo-boo. I think I fixed it, let me know please if you find more!
-Mary