PDA

View Full Version : Baby Pink Victoria

piper2
09-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi . . . I have new parent syndrome. I'm just bursting out of the seams with excitement and happiness at my new baby girl (born July 5th). I painted this monochrome piece when she was about a week old, because I couldn't think about anything else! Now she's almost three times her original size and starting to babble. Definitely time for a new portrait. But I thought I'd get C & C on this one first.

mooz49
09-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Awww ....... she is gorgeous and she looks so snuggly and cosy there too. Well done! :clap: Looking forward to seeing what she looks like now. My baby in 18 now and is about to start university. They grow up so quickly so enjoy her when she is young. :wave:

Lady Carol
09-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Adorable. What a great way to remember a newborn

sassybird
09-20-2004, 06:13 PM
She is adorable, and you did a great job in this portrait. I became a grandmother in Jan and I am still excited:D Babies are such a joy to have around.

Marty C
09-21-2004, 06:51 AM
Hi Piper,
What a great way to remember your baby - better than a photo, this also brings your own emotions into play, and the time you spent doing this work will reinforce those memories everytime you look at it in the future.
I think a series is now in order - one every six months for how many years....
Well done.

jbitzel
09-21-2004, 08:10 AM
it's done frame it.... I love the monochrome idea of it, it looks raw and untouched like your bundle of joy. I am a man and its amazing how emotional a man can get after becoming a father. And I don't even mind being urinated on. :D

piper2
09-21-2004, 08:34 AM
it's done frame it.... I love the monochrome idea of it, it looks raw and untouched like your bundle of joy. I am a man and its amazing how emotional a man can get after becoming a father. And I don't even mind being urinated on. :D

Ah, yes, being peed on . . . I don't know how my husband's escaped it, because I've been christened at least twice since she was born.

Marty, you're right, I should make it my mission to do one every 6 months. Especially since photos never seem to really capture her charm.

I don't know about framing it though. It's an oval canvas . . . do they make standard frames for them?

Thanks everybody for their nice comments, by the way!

piper2
09-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Just for fun, here's the real thing:

bjcpaints
09-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Just as precious in your painting as she is in her photo. Thanks for sharing.
Barbara

Bioartist
09-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Awww beautiful and well done :clap:
Stacey