PDA

View Full Version : cutey - a cat in action

bnoonan
09-20-2004, 02:21 PM
As you can see... I've found a lot of colors in this magnificent face. Photograph curtesy of someone in the reference image library.

C&C please.

Barb

wallis appx 9.5 x 8 inches

meowmeow
09-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Cutie is right..I know this face well! :D YOu seem to capture their kitty expressions so well, Barb.

Sandy

bnoonan
09-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks Sandy - after looking at it again I can see the flaws... think I may go back and do some more on it later.

Barb (happy cat)

Paula Ford
09-20-2004, 04:09 PM
NO FLAWS!!

Amazing!!

Paula

bnoonan
09-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Thanks Paula - there's so much new artwork out there to look at today it's exciting!

Barb

Khadres
09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Another fiesty feline! Cool! Good one!

bnoonan
09-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Another one for the Open Studios show... I hope there are lots of cat lovers who show up.

B (I have to say I really did have fun finding all the colors in this guy/gal)

Deborah Secor
09-20-2004, 08:17 PM
He's right next to the bowl that says 'tuna breath.' (There's your title!)

Love this one!!!!! The colors are jazzy yet very believable. Maybe just a few quick whiskers on the non-tongue side...? Not desperately necessary--just the kind of thing that can add panache...

Deborah

K Taylor-Green
09-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Wow! Barb, Great kitty! Wonderful colors.

bnoonan
09-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Hurrah - Tuna Breath it is!!! That works nicely!!!

I agree about the non-tongue whiskers and knew it was the place needing the attention.

Kate - thanks so much. I was actually dancing around the room while painting - was having far too much fun!!!

Barb

Meldy
09-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Wonderful! I have been away too long. It is going to take me forever to catch up! I love the mouth!!!!

Mikki Petersen
09-21-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh Barb, this guy is so real and lively, I'm beginning to wheeze! I can see the fun you had with this piece. It is bright, energetic and full of fun. Definitely a candidate for Open Studio.

Stoy Jones
09-21-2004, 12:22 AM
Hi Barb! Lol..love the cat and the frozen moment of time in cleaning the chops :D Really nice colors, on par with your style of work and touch :clap:

Stoy

jackiesimmonds
09-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Beat me to it! I have downloaded this photo to work with, I love it to bits! Now I have your rendering to give me pointers............. :evil:

You have inspired me to have a bash at a few kitties for an art fair I am doing in October ... mostly, I am taking my prints, but thought I would include just a few furry friends, funny ones like this one, and the upside-down one, and I found one under a blanket. I've done a few cats in the past, just for myself, my own cats, and then did a commission ... am rather liking painting furries, I love them so.

Tho I have a love/dislike relationship with Sasha, my present cat, who is SO stand-offish, you wouldn't believe it.

Deborah...your remark made me laugh...I had a cat with the most awful cat breath, once. Gorgeous loving creature, you had to forgive him. Provided his face wasn't within an inch of yours.

Gorgeous pic, Barb.

J

paloma
09-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi Barb, Just whizzing by to see what has been going on - no time to paint for a while. You have made this Kitty so adorable - would love to give him / her a squeeze !! lovely lively painting. Cheers Alexandra

bnoonan
09-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Wow - thanks for such a great response from all of you. She's about to enter the mat and frame this morning and will be hanging on a wall within the month.

Jackie - you are going to love painting her - she's hysterical and fun and makes you smile through the entire process.

Stoy - good to see you again!!! Love the drawing stuff you've been working on.

Mikki - come to Open Studios - I'm sure that truck will make it here and it would be fun to visit for awhile. October 16 & 17th Fort Mason.

Barb

jackiesimmonds
09-23-2004, 02:11 AM
You have made this Kitty so adorable - would love to give him / her a squeeze !! lovely lively painting. Cheers Alexandra

Give a cat a squeeze? I trust, when you do that, you wear cast iron underwear and welder's gloves.

khourianya
09-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Give a cat a squeeze? I trust, when you do that, you wear cast iron underwear and welder's gloves. :clap:
Well said lol :D

This is a really sweet kitty, Barb. You have rendered him beautifully.