PDA

View Full Version : Look What I found

xoticbead
09-20-2004, 12:52 PM
While cruzing the net last week I ran across Olympic Glass, I checked out the "new arrivals" and found a frit called Lt. tobacco . $32.00+/- for a kelo ( thats going to last me a life time). I made three test beads with it one on Ivory and two on copper green. It came out of the kiln with the most super bronz color I have ever seen. It really looks like a bronze metal. I didn't use a reducing flame, just the ordinary flame I use all the time herre is a photo

AmyK
09-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Wanna sell some to me?

xoticbead
09-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Amy
PM me your addy, I'll share. I have way more than I'll ever use
Liz

janinek
09-21-2004, 05:57 AM
Dear Liz,

You might sell on ebay... great looking

Best regards

Janine

JoyceMI
09-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Thats great!! Another frit I gotta have ! LOL I love the way it gets a bronze color. Love that! If your selling little quantities I would like to try some too. You can PM me. :D

I'm assuming on the ivory bead you added a touch of something orange?

Cindy D.
09-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Just read about this colour on another thread and was delighted to see the pics. If you're willing to sell a little more I'd love some too (and will cover the full cost to ship to the far reaches of Canada (okay, so Ontario really isn't the far reaches, but I'll handle all costs!)

EbonRue
09-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Yum! If you're still selling samples, I'd love to buy some too!

Virginia L.
09-21-2004, 09:25 PM
ooooooooooooops, :wave: this is the little guy, waving goodbye to your life time supply of that frit!!!! :D

xoticbead
09-22-2004, 07:51 AM
Virginia
I suppose so but the way I look at it is that I have learned sooooo much from everybody on WC that I'm more than happy to give some out as a way of saying "Thank You". I'm not as talented as some of you are so I can't share knowledge but I can share this stuff and am happy to do so until my supply gets down to the point that I can't do it any more.
Liz

Virginia L.
09-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Virginia
I suppose so but the way I look at it is that I have learned sooooo much from everybody on WC that I'm more than happy to give some out as a way of saying "Thank You". I'm not as talented as some of you are so I can't share knowledge but I can share this stuff and am happy to do so until my supply gets down to the point that I can't do it any more.
Liz

Oh, I love generosity, I was just being funny - :D

Beth Myers
09-22-2004, 07:55 PM
;)

cisco
09-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Hello I see you live in the Portland Area I live in Vancouver Wa Area so not to far from you :) . Any ways I love your beads with this color. Is this place you got it from close to us ? As I love to try this out. I am new at bead making and just learning to use frits :D Many Thanks Gina P

Galadriel
09-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Is there a web site where we can buy this frit? I hate to ask you to use up all of your supply but it is really cool.

Renee

xoticbead
09-22-2004, 11:25 PM
All I did was go to the Olympic Color Rod web page, find the Richenbacker( sp?) and Gaffer color chart and take it from there. I have been told if you call them you can git the frit is something less than a whole kilo.
LIz