PDA

View Full Version : Ace Frehley

CaptainCanuck
10-24-2001, 08:38 PM
This was the first full sized piece I drew wth my wacom tablet. I use a 6X9 on a 17" monitor. The Corel Painter Classic that came with it has an amazing interface. You just need a ton of ram to work in high rez. I am currently working on several projects and am interested in producing an online comic with different contributors for each page. Anyone interested?

CaptainCanuck
10-24-2001, 08:43 PM
I'm still kinda new here...:D

Christie
10-24-2001, 09:55 PM
He is, um, so 80's!:p

Looks good btw.

kg7er
10-25-2001, 05:18 AM
...that has a nice look to it, MIC.

I'm thinking of getting a tablet myself. Drawing with the mouse is awkward. I've heard a few good reports on the Graphire $99 tablet. I'll be using it in Flash 5.0 if I get one. I've got 128m of RAM. That should be enough, right? An 866mHz Pentium III.

I do humorous (some say) comic strips, so I don't know if that's what you have in mind for your project. Click my link below if you're interested. My last six strips--24 through 29--are representative of what I'll be doing in the future.

Regards,

CaptainCanuck
10-25-2001, 06:00 PM
Thanx for the comments. I'm sorry I havn't had more time in the past to be more involved here but babies will do that to you. It's nice to get back to drawing. BTW I checked out your stuff and loved it! That type of sarcastic wit has been a staple in my household for generations.
As far as the comic idea goes I'm not sure what I had in mind. It's just something I'd been thinking about since I visited Scott McCloud's website http://www.scottmccloud.com/ .I've never really done anything in the panel format but have always been interested in learning about the process. Gotta get back to the kids!!!

CaptainCanuck
10-25-2001, 06:06 PM
Oh and as well the set up you have is more than powerful enough for graphics. The tablet I have is the Intuos and it offers wy more levels of sensitivity for artwork. ( amazing line weights)
Extra RAM is only needed for high resolution.(512+)

sherville
10-26-2001, 05:06 AM
Wow! I love the look of this. You did well with that tablet. I wish I had one of those tablets... for use with Flash too. Of course, as soon as I get that I'm gonna want other stuff too... like more ram, bigger better (A3) scanner, big printer to go with big scanner.... plus more!

kg7er
10-26-2001, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the info, MIC. I might get a tablet soon. Don't know for sure.

Sher: Yeah, there's always something else to get, huh? I wanted an Epson Stylus printer, but then a friend of mine told me about a problem with them. They do beautiful prints, but if you don't print stuff frequently, the heads clog up and have to be replaced. Very expensive item. So maybe a Canon.

geckonia
05-20-2002, 07:47 PM
Capt'n, I like the back lighting and the guitar pick format :)

KG, > Epson: You need only print a small test every several days if your printer isn't getting much use. I've had 5 epsons and never had a problem. The graphire tablet is great! I just got one to sit next to my ibook and I love it. I have an intous too, but it's married to my desktop. I have to say, the little graphire is sweet!

orchidlover6
05-21-2002, 10:39 AM
nice work.

LarrySeiler
05-25-2002, 11:30 AM
Nice work....!!!

We just came into a bit of money at our school...and I seized the moment to go nuts. I ordered a large $3000 printing press for intaglio, wood cuts, etch prints etc; ordered a Mac G-4 with Photoshop 7.0 as well as the Wacom 6 x 9 tablet.

We've been using the outdated Photoshop 3.0...but then again, that's because you have to pay for a network license, and that version was all we could afford. I guess we will be leasing new machines for this next year, and we'll be getting 7.0 for all the systems in the high school lab.

Wow...what a jump that will be! From 3.0 to 7.0.....

I have 5.0 at home...so, no doubt it will require a bit of time for me to learn all the advantages.

In time, I hope we can get Wacom tablets for quite a few of the systems. It takes the tech ed aspect out, and reclaims the method of using computer graphics as a fine art facility. Very cool!

Larry