PDA

View Full Version : Long time...now show!!

nursekatie
09-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Good grief,,,,,it has been forever since I have shown my work here. My schedule is crazy and my computer crashed!! I think I am back.....however I lost my photo editor program and the new freebie I downloaded is so different...not sure about it yet.

I DID want to share what I have been up to lately. Kaye gifted me with some Raku...which I promptly ordered a rod of!! I also figured out how to make raised cane florals......which I am so in love with!! So...here are a few pics of my latest works.....The ivory is something new too....I am loving the look...although ebay didn't....it went unsold today so it will be added to my show stock!

MegannsMom
09-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Glad to see that you are back, and with eye candy as well!! Yippee!! LOVE them all! I wish, I wish, with all my might, to make a bead, as good as yours, tonight....
~Cindy

starlightdesigns
09-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Ooooh, Katie! Beautiful! Beautfiul! It's been worth the wait!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hard to believe that ivory one didn't sell!

nursekatie
09-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Well Thank you :D The copper green raku didn't sell either! Oh well...some one will like....hopefully at the bead show!! My pictures don't do any of them justice...I had just figured out my other program...NOW....geesh...I think I will go BUY one that I like....I will just try them all for free and figure out which one I like. Thank you for looking!! I really do appreciate it!

koregon
09-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi Katie
Beautiful beads my friend.....I can't believe they didn't sell either...focals do ok for me...but not as good as sets...maybe it was set week for buying, it sure wasn't because they aren't gorgeous...as they are...I know how gorgeous your beads are from the ones you left in my kiln...I cherish them...they are so darn lovely.
hang in there!

margaretz
09-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Katie- Good to see you back again!!! I hope your computer's OK! The beads look great- the raku stringer is a great accent to those beads!!

nursekatie
09-20-2004, 06:23 AM
Thank you Kaye and Margaret!! I am excited about some of the new things I am doing...........I just need more torch time!!! (is there ever enough of that????) I so appreciate you taking time to look and comment!!

Listenup
09-20-2004, 06:34 AM
I was wondering where you had gotten to. Glad to see your wonderful beads again.

What photo editing program were you using? Was it a freebie, or one you paid for?

Hope your Monday is as Magnificent as your beads!!!

-Kay

GinaJ
09-20-2004, 07:15 AM
katie, those are wonderful! Good luck at your show!

gwacie
09-20-2004, 07:25 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Nice to see Katie beads again :)

nursekatie
09-20-2004, 07:34 AM
I was wondering where you had gotten to. Glad to see your wonderful beads again.

What photo editing program were you using? Was it a freebie, or one you paid for?

Hope your Monday is as Magnificent as your beads!!!

-Kay

I had Microsoft Picture it 2000 (which I didn't like, until I figured it out) It came with my computer...and I have installed everything I possibly can and I still can't find it. Now I have Photo pos pro. Not sure what I am going to do........but SOMETHING! My Son has picture it on his computer...but what a pain that would be!

Thank you all :D

kyyardlizard
09-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Katie...it was well worth the wait....I love your stuff...

lsking
09-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Great stuff Katie! Glad you posted, I have missed seeing your beautiful beads!!!

Bubbyanne
09-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi Katie,
Your beads are gorgeous. I would have a very difficult time choosing a favorite, I really like them all. :D
I have a newbie question about the copper green one. Is the lighter outline color of the raku stringer a reaction or another color layered underneath the raku?
S&T is always so inspiring and keeps me wanting to make beads through the frustrating times when I sometimes feel like giving up.
Thanks for sharing,
Barb

nursekatie
09-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Hi Katie,
Your beads are gorgeous. I would have a very difficult time choosing a favorite, I really like them all. :D
I have a newbie question about the copper green one. Is the lighter outline color of the raku stringer a reaction or another color layered underneath the raku?
S&T is always so inspiring and keeps me wanting to make beads through the frustrating times when I sometimes feel like giving up.
Thanks for sharing,
Barb

Hi Barb! I agree, S&T is so insipiring! The thing I love about copper green is it does some fun stuff. That is ONLY copper green with Raku Stringer. The copper green had a great reaction with the raku. The bead is really cool in 3D! Getting a picture to show all sides is hard! I also have another copper green with raku that looks completely different because of the flame I used. I will try to get a pic of that up for you to see. So...long way to answer your question....nothing extra, just copper green and raku!! Try it and then feel free to post your pictures here too!

Bubbyanne
09-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks Katie,
I received both colors of copper in a RAGK gift. I guess I'll have to get them out and play. :D I haven't had a lot of luck with the raku yet but I'll get it eventually. I've read up enough on it. :wink2:
Barb :wave: