PDA

View Full Version : an abstract and a portrait

tesseract
09-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Hello folks, nice place you have here. Here are a couple painings I finnished earlier this year, the abstract is called ova maraud (egg thief) and the other is a portrait from a black and white photograph of my grandfather. I would love to get some good c&c. Thanks, I'll post more soon. :wave:

Marty C
09-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi tesseract,
Wow, talk about two different styles. Nice work on the abstract, it strikes me as a break down of a bird. That's the good thing about abstract, the interpretation is half the fun.
The study of your grandfather is stunning, really wonderful work. The lighting, the natural pose, the attention to detail is all first class. This is one to cherish. :clap: :clap:

Vicki_Oz
09-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi tesseract :wave:

Great paintings.....can't wait to see more of your work! I particularly love the portrait......its excellent!!

Kind regards
Vicki

Eileenjm
09-20-2004, 02:45 AM
Lovely work I too like the abstract. :clap: :clap:

Eileen

bjcpaints
09-20-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi tesseract,
These are both wonderful! I am curious about the setting of the portrait - is he in a plane or? Very curious. Just wonderful - looks like an old colorized photo almost.
Barbara

pameladallaire
09-20-2004, 10:50 AM
I love the portrait. I have pictures of my grandfather in mining exploration that I want to paint and I'll have to get up the nerve to try them. I've never tried a portrait before. Pam :clap:

tesseract
09-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks to everyone for the comments. The portrait's background is a naval boat from the Korean war. It was a wallet sized photo that my mother wanted restored.

Smileawhyl
09-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Top notch to both. Beautiful capture of the essential hand coloring of the restoration, much less the detail work.

The abstract is so angularic in surrealist dream. My favorite style when well rendered, and this is extremely well rendered!

mooz49
09-21-2004, 03:24 AM
Both great paintings but I really love the portrait. I am green with :envy:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bioartist
09-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Absolutely stunning (especially the portrait). :clap: :clap: :clap:
How did you convert a black-and-white so convinsingly??????
I too am geallous :envy:
Stacey