PDA

View Full Version : Lorikeet

Lady Carol
09-19-2004, 03:39 PM
This is the latest commission I have been working on.

18X24 inches with W&N Finity on gallery wrapped canvas.

C&C welcome and greatly appreciated.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2004/11811-CRW_1622_small.jpg

Marty C
09-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Hi Carol,
One of your best, the colours are great and you have done fabulous job on the background. Lucky you getting so many commissions!
This is a terrific piece, well done.

BeeCeeEss
09-19-2004, 07:56 PM
Another really gorgeous painting, Carol! Love the background and the Lorikeet is just wonderful.

I have recently begun using W&N Finity acrylic paints and I am very impressed with them. I think I'll make the switch from my once-favorite, Golden acrylics, although I still love Golden's fluid acrylics for washes and fine detail.

Contrats on this terrific painting. I'd find it hard to part with it, though.

Beverly

ShellyF
09-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Fabulous! I love the colours!

Lady Carol
09-19-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Carol,
One of your best, the colours are great and you have done fabulous job on the background. Lucky you getting so many commissions!
This is a terrific piece, well done.
Actually Marty I think it is my best LOL!!!! This is the second time I have done this composition, the other one ended up in the acrylics art exhibition (sticky at the top of the page). I suspect I may have to do a few more birds.

Another really gorgeous painting, Carol! Love the background and the Lorikeet is just wonderful.

I have recently begun using W&N Finity acrylic paints and I am very impressed with them. I think I'll make the switch from my once-favorite, Golden acrylics, although I still love Golden's fluid acrylics for washes and fine detail.

Contrats on this terrific painting. I'd find it hard to part with it, though.

Beverly
Thanks Beverly. I was wondering if the background was too dark but I suspect it works.

I really like Finity. I am going through the process of getting rid of my Galleria. Finity has a better intensity of colour and is a little thicker than Galleria which is a student grade.

Fabulous! I love the colours!
Thanks Shelly :wave:

Eileenjm
09-20-2004, 02:39 AM
Love the colours. Beautiful work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eileen

Lady Carol
09-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Love the colours. Beautiful work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eileen

Thanks Eileen

Georgi
09-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Hi Carol,

This is wonderful...they're such great, cheeky, happy birds. I always seem to have loads of them around in the different areas I'ved lived. Where I am now they are in abundance as are the king parrots, crimson and yellow rosellas and black cockatoos. So when they're all visiting, it's pretty colourful...and noisy! lol The lorikeets are so funny when they get drunk on the nectar.

Well done and congratulations on the commission.

Lee :)

katz
09-20-2004, 09:20 PM
HI Carol.
I love the foilage. The bird also has personality.
Great painting. Your client will be thrilled.
Gay

Lady Carol
09-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Hi Carol,
This is wonderful...they're such great, cheeky, happy birds. I always seem to have loads of them around in the different areas I'ved lived. Where I am now they are in abundance as are the king parrots, crimson and yellow rosellas and black cockatoos. So when they're all visiting, it's pretty colourful...and noisy! lol The lorikeets are so funny when they get drunk on the nectar.

Well done and congratulations on the commission.

Lee :)
Thanks Lee. I really miss them. Where we are there aren't anything like these characters. I used to live in Sydney, so we also had king parrots, and crimson rosella, in additon white cockatoos and galahs. Nothing like having a peaceful slumber shattered by the screech from one of these :D

HI Carol.
I love the foilage. The bird also has personality.
Great painting. Your client will be thrilled.
Gay
Thanks also, Gay. The client saw it today and really liked it. It just has to pass muster with my art teacher. She is good at picking out perspective errors.

gnu
09-21-2004, 01:56 AM
exquisite Carol, can't see a thing wrong, its' delightful!! :clap:

mooz49
09-21-2004, 02:14 AM
This is beautiful ............... I want to be able to paint like this!! :envy:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bioartist
09-21-2004, 10:23 AM
as always beautiful and very well defined bird :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Stacey

paloma
09-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi Carol,
Just popped in to take a look around as I haven't been in this forum for a while.
Just love this latest of yours - though I have only seen a few of your painting I think this is by far the best so far - keep painting birds - bold colour being your trade mark lends well to bright plumage!! :clap: :clap:
Alexandra

YLCIA
09-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Beautiful painting, Carol:)

Julia

Lady Carol
09-21-2004, 11:39 AM
This is beautiful ............... I want to be able to paint like this!! :envy:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks mooz

as always beautiful and very well defined bird :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Stacey
Thanks for dropping by Stacey and for the clappy people :wave:

Hi Carol,
Just popped in to take a look around as I haven't been in this forum for a while.
Just love this latest of yours - though I have only seen a few of your painting I think this is by far the best so far - keep painting birds - bold colour being your trade mark lends well to bright plumage!! :clap: :clap:
Alexandra
Where have you been Alexandra? Interesting, I never thought bold was my trade mark.... :cat: Thanks for the comments and claps.

Beautiful painting, Carol:)

Julia
Thanks Julia :)

Bioartist
09-21-2004, 12:20 PM
so where's the next one? :evil: :D

Bioartist
09-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Stacey

Charlie's Mum
09-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Just beautiful Carol. I love the way he nestles in amongst the branches and leaves......and those leaves are superbly painted, a lovely smooth foil to the brilliant plumage of Mr. Lorikeet. No wonder you're getting the commissions when you turn out paintings like this - one of your best that I've seen. :D
edit: hadn't read the other posts, but see that Alexandra and I agree!......Well, great minds and all that...........!!!!!!!! :wink2:

Lady Carol
09-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Stacey
I suspect that birds may be my forte, however that is yet to be proved. I am currently hunting for the next bird to paint. :angel:

Just beautiful Carol. I love the way he nestles in amongst the branches and leaves......and those leaves are superbly painted, a lovely smooth foil to the brilliant plumage of Mr. Lorikeet. No wonder you're getting the commissions when you turn out paintings like this - one of your best that I've seen. :D
edit: hadn't read the other posts, but see that Alexandra and I agree!......Well, great minds and all that...........!!!!!!!! :wink2:
Thank you Maureen :wave: