PDA

View Full Version : Stone Bridge

EdK
09-19-2004, 03:04 AM
This is from a photo of the local creek in PA. I have not had much time to paint plein aire in Idaho yet. Still getting the house squared away. C&Cs please. Black Canson 9x12, Rembrant, Schminke.

(Oh yes, the yellow orange in the water seem a little strong compared to real life. Still have yet to take that photography course. lol).

jackiesimmonds
09-19-2004, 06:12 AM
lovely composition, and I am not the least bit worried about the colour orange in the water, if anything the whole pic looks quite muted for colour, and if it was mine, I'd be busy punching it up with sunshine! But it does have a lovely atmosphere as it is - I am just in love with sunny scenes, so ignore me.

J

Mikki Petersen
09-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Ed, this is a lovely painting and the orange adds to the water quite well. Gives it life. Great job!

judwal
09-19-2004, 08:30 AM
I really like this painting expecially with all those colors you have going in the rocks and water.

The structure reminds me so much of the "aquaduct" we have here in our town in Massachusetts. What do you think? ARe they related?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2004/43597-aquaduct_reduced.jpg

K Taylor-Green
09-19-2004, 08:45 AM
A lovely scene, and very well done. It reminds me of a stream I used to live close to.

Khadres
09-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Love this one, Ed! Great composition and that water MOVES at just the right speed somehow. I don't know HOW you do that!

What's this about Idaho? Did you move?

EdK
09-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Jackie - I think part of the muted feeling stems from my inability to take a good photo. Still working out the affects of fluorescent lights on my images, tends to make them cooler.

judwal - neat pict. Very similar. Just love the water and reflections. Why don't you try and paint that one yourself?

Jackie, judwal, 1mpete, kate, khadres - thanks for the lovely comments and encouragment as always.

Yes, I did move to Idaho. Quit my job and took a couple of months off and did some painting amidst selling, packing moving and finding a new home. Just got settled in and am now getting back to work. Trying to fit some painting in on a regular basis. I'll have to visit with Sue before she picks up and leaves.

judwal
09-19-2004, 12:07 PM
judwal - neat pict. Very similar. Just love the water and reflections. Why don't you try and paint that one yourself?

Ed..actually...I did paint it. Here is the thumbnail.

khourianya
09-19-2004, 12:39 PM
Wow, Ed. This is stunning. Can I live in your painting? :p With winter just about here in Calgary, i think I'd like to escape there for a while :D

Paula Ford
09-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Ed! I thought this was your reference picture!!

Very well done...the orange is wonderful in the water!!

Paula

EdK
09-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Ed..actually...I did paint it. Here is the thumbnail.

Judwal, please accept my apologies. It's been a while since I've frequented this sight. I do remember your beautiful painting.

Dyin
09-20-2004, 01:48 AM
Hey Ed...Been wondering if you were settled in yet...not moving so will send you a PM. This is lovely, would love to see a daylight pic...flourescent lighting is horrid for pics...know it's raining right now, but if you put it inside near the door and open it it usually lets in enough light to get a decent pic. glad to see you back...you should have some great colors around there soon for some Idaho plein aire!

prestonsega
09-20-2004, 05:11 AM
Unfortunately all our days can't be sunny, so why should all our paintings? The muted colors work well for me and the orange reads as the shallow bottom showing through...well done!

bnoonan
09-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Oh boy - I want to live there too!!!! It's so restful and I'm so impressed you had the patience to include so many rocks and textures and reflections in that water bed. Love this.

Barb

meowmeow
09-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Lovely stone bridge...what a beautiful composition. I like this a lot!

Sandy