PDA

View Full Version : charles manson portrait

cherynreznor
09-18-2004, 10:29 PM
hey everyone. i just finished this a few minutes ago. this is charles manson, cult leader/psycho. i found this awesome reference photo in a picture book about the whole hippie era, and just had to draw it. i had to scan this in two halves and then put them together with a paint program, which explains the lightish streak across the middle.

this was done with ebony pencil and b lead, measures 9.75"x11". it took me about 10-12 hours. please post any of your comments!

to see a bigger, more detailed version of this drawing, go to http://www.geocities.com/cheryntrentreznor/art.html

any comments or criticism is welcome!

wiscojaydub
09-19-2004, 02:59 AM
wow did you hit the ball out of the park!!! It's gorgeous wow! :clap: :) jaydub :wave:

LarrySeiler
09-20-2004, 10:22 PM
indeed...you've done a fine job. Weird, but Charlie would probably be flattered!

One tail tell sign though I looked for is there feintly to be noticed in the photo ref...and not quite defined enough in your drawing I think...is the scar left between his eyebrows of the nazi swastika. That scar is as much the icon image of Charlie as anything.

The valuing rendering you have executed is top notch!!! Congrats!!! :clap:

Larry

TedDawson
09-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Something that I can't do if my life depends on it, but you do awesomely, is nail down those values. When you post your work and I see the two thumbnails side by side, it always takes a sec to register which is the photo.

.............something else I can't do apparently is get my little girl to go to sleep. And after telling them the story of the Enormous Eggbeater tonight. No gratitude.

cherynreznor
09-23-2004, 05:07 PM
wiscojaydub- thank you! you are so kind.

LarrySeiler- wow, it took me a long to see what you were talking about in the photo. there really is a scar there! it's so faint i just registered it as a wrinkle. thanks so much for pointing that out to me! i'll fix it right away.

TedDawson- i really appreciate your kind words. good luck with your daughter!