PDA

View Full Version : just resting

bnoonan
09-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi there,

I found this image in the reference library and I'll have to go back later to find the photographer to thank them.

This is for my Open Studios... I'm learning that cats are always a popular item!

Barb

C&C please!!!

khourianya
09-18-2004, 10:47 PM
omigosh! This could almost be my cat! The colouring is about right and she is always in that exact position! :p Very nice! :clap:

prestonsega
09-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Barb..I am not an "animal" person, much less cats, but this one is too cute not to love!!!!!! You are incredible at how you can paint anything and bring out its personality (toilet brushes included) :clap:

PS...Would you do me a favor and post your paintings using the "quick link" at the top of the screen so that we don' t have to click on the thumbnail?...The reason for this request is because I keep scrolling back up to review your work several times while reading the replies. (I know...i am lazy :) )

jackiesimmonds
09-19-2004, 09:26 AM
quite divine. I am about to take on a new kitten ... funny-faced little thing, but very feisty, and adorable. Purrs like mad when you pick him up, I love that. I would have loved a long-haired one like this one, but the Rescue centre only had one, and it was VERY shy. Since I all ready have one which is very stand-offish, I wanted a friendly one. Hope I did the right thing!

I will be happy if I can manage a pic like this of Monty, when he comes.

J

Pinecone Conniff
09-19-2004, 09:38 AM
What a great rolly-polly kitty cat!! Your color & strokes are very expressive...this is beyond wonderful! :clap:
I really like how you handled the backround as well...
Annette

Kathryn Wilson
09-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Barb, you are so versatile! People portraits, cat portaits, sneaker portraits and toilet brush portraits - :evil: Whatever you take on, the end results is lively, colorful and a joy to look at.

:clap:

bnoonan
09-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks everyone. Cute is what I'm aiming for when it comes to viewers and buyers so this pose was exactly what I was seeking.

Preston - I have a blocker on my computer that I have to remove each time I post a painting. I'll try to remember but don't always plan on it... open it up again I say!!!

Jackie - enjoy your Monty when you get him. Sounds like a new and fun adventure for you!

Barb

meowmeow
09-19-2004, 11:27 AM
What a hoot! I love when they roll over like that..and this little guy seems to be looking right at you! Wonderful...love the colors!

Sandy

Paula Ford
09-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Barb..I am not an "animal" person, much less cats, but this one is too cute not to love!!!!!! You are incredible at how you can paint anything and bring out its personality (toilet brushes included)

I agree with Preston. You can paint anything and it comes out with so much life and personality!! I love each and every one of your paintings!!

Paula

Khadres
09-19-2004, 01:51 PM
I love this expression! It's kinda saying, "Yeah??? And what do YOU want?" This will doubtless sell very quickly!

Jackie, glad you hear you're adopting a new kitty kat...but be prepared! I had forgotten what a TRIP kittens can be when they're young! Mel brought home a little part siamese a couple years ago (he lives with my friend Martin now, but...)and I had to kittysit! I don't think I've ever seen a human baby that demanded more attention! Bossy and into EVERYthing! He was aptly named "Spike".

I have a .jpg of him here that would make a great painting...he was only 7 weeks old... Y'all have given me a great idea (I hope). Look in the Image Library in a while...I'll add some kitten pics for anyone who'd like to try painting from them!

PS...I'll post 'em here for now, they're still pending in the library...Barb? Paint on! :D Make lotsa $$$!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2004/34895-whoyou.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2004/34895-Spike.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2004/34895-thebaby.jpg

prestonsega
09-19-2004, 02:44 PM
"- I have a blocker on my computer that I have to remove each time I post a painting. I'll try to remember but don't always plan on it... open it up again I say!!!"

I knew there had to be a good reason...ok...I'll click! lol

K Taylor-Green
09-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Awwwwww, That's all I could say as it was downloading! What a wonderful kitty painting.

bnoonan
09-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh Sooz - love the personality in that top photo - you see that indignant attitude.... What are you doing here? Great kitty photos and If I didn't have enough already I'd consider painting them.

I've got a stash of about 15 photos to work from for references and now it's just a case of paint and frame. IN fact that's why I'm here...

Paula - not sure I could find my way about a landscape frankly but I do get along pretty well with portraits and such.

Kate - glad you got the "awwww" effect. Hopefully it will also work behind glass. Unfortunately I find that glass takes some of the effect away.
No need to critique this one further - it's off to be matted and framed by the master framer... your's truly!!!

Sooz and Preston - I've got the toilet brush already in it's frame - ready for the show on October 16th.

Barb

Khadres
09-19-2004, 07:31 PM
YAY! I can't wait to see who buys the toilet brush! :clap: