PDA

View Full Version : "Water Lily Tiger" finished(?)

joa
09-18-2004, 10:42 AM
There are still lots of things I see that could be done, but I think it's time for me to quit. I like the tiger. There is enough contrast in it that my two-month-old grandson will be attracted to it, and will enjoy it when he is older (it's for him).

Critiques will be welcomed--please.

Jo

jbitzel
09-18-2004, 11:34 AM
I say Finished. Good Job :clap:

Eileenjm
09-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi Jo, What a lovely fun painting, it made me smile your grandson will love it. Well done. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eileen.

sassybird
09-18-2004, 05:55 PM
LOL How whimsical:D I would love to have this myself. Your grandson will enjoy it as he grows older, and the fact that his grandmother did it for him will make it that much more special:)

Marty C
09-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Hi Jo,
So tigers are going all fashion conscious and taking to wearing headgear? Those elephants are going to get jealous, and you can just imagine the hats they will come up with! :D The tigers will be strutting their stuff up and down the cat walk! :D
Wonderful piece, beautifully rendered, very well done.

joa
09-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

"I say Finished."--Yes, candienjames, after looking at for a couple of days, I think so too. Thank you.

"it made me smile"--Eileenjm, that's exactly what I was going for! Thanks.

"I would love to have this myself. "--That's quite a compliment, Sassybird, thank you.

"Wonderful piece, beautifully rendered, very well done."--Well! thank you, thank you, Marty! And can't you just see Mama Elephant with a 3-foot Victoria water lily on her head?

bjcpaints
09-19-2004, 10:57 AM
I think its wonderful and my next project happens to be a painting for my grandson who is about to turn 4. Thanks for your inspiring work.
Barbara

ShellyF
09-19-2004, 11:09 AM
What a fun piece! Yes, I would say it's finished, and I sure your grandson will love it.

Lady Carol
09-19-2004, 02:05 PM
What a great sense of humour. I love this!

Also love the smug look on his face.