PDA

View Full Version : WIA Saturday Sep 18, 2004

McDuck
09-18-2004, 09:40 AM
:wave: Welcome and Good Day Everyone!!! :wave:

It is the weekend, *sigh of relief* I am still unable to update my website. Still not sure what the problem is but I put in a problem sheet. Going to look in my kiln then off to the post, ceramic supply house and home to work outside on the rock patio we built. I will have to post a pic soon of all our hard work.

have a Great Weekend!
Mary

Barrie
09-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Good morning. Mary, sounds like a busy day ahead! Hope you figure out the website problem soon, must be so frustrating! Btw I'm loving your new beadies (horse, frog, lizard) - very cool!!! And I can't wait to see your fancy rock patio in person! Please tell me it doesn't snow in Chicago in October!!!
We're having a rainy day today, wish I didn't have to go to town to teach a class, but that's the way the cookie crumbles! It's a very small class, so should be fun. I'm going to take some custom work with me to work on so I feel busy. So much to do, so little time!
Hope everyone has a fun-filled day!!

TheBlueBetween
09-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Hi Mary and Barrie :) And happy weekend to everyone else too!

Mary I got your beads in the mail yesterday - they are so pretty! And I got some frit from Val - I got the RAKU!!! Can't wait to try it out. And I got the gaffer I won - I'm afraid to use it. LOL.

My mom comes in tonight. The house is almost ready.

Luke's eyes are still a bit pink. We were going to go to a preemie reunion today but I can't have mr. pink eye around little preemie babies - that would just be horrible. Luke was born 8 weeks early and stayed in the NICU for 5 weeks before we could bring him home - the nurses were all so wonderful - we were hoping for him to meet some of them again - he's so interested about his birth story. Plus lots of kiddie games and stuff - he would have had fun. Oh well.

It's a cold rainy day here again - I heard we were supposed to get some 60 MPH winds this weekend too - but no sign of it yet. Will just be staying inside I guess.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Pam

Andee
09-18-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi Mary and Barrie and Pam and latercomers! :wave:

Mary - bummer about your website, I hope you'll soon be able to fix it!

Pam - I'm sorry to hear about Luke, tho I have no idea what a pink eye is, but it sure doesn't sound too pleasing. Hope he'll be okay soon!

Have a lovely weekend, y'all!

Gingerbiscuit
09-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi folks!

I got some beautiful beads in the mail today from Sarah (Jacinthe). We did a trade. :)

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

DonnaBee
09-18-2004, 07:07 PM
First, Mary, your ceramic bead work is evolving by leaps and bounds. I saw the lizard, and I see the new finishes you are getting on the mask beads. Your love of making beautiful art beads really shows. I am extremely proud of you. :wave: Thanks for taking the time to post your works. It gives me joy to see them. I know I will be buying pieces from you for years to come!!!!

Second, I know my posts have gotten few and far between. I took Prozac for many years, then Effexor for many years, and the time has come to switch meds again. I'm in a full-blown OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)state. *BUT* I will be okay, I have really good doctors and a therapist, you all know I am okay. I am just going through a difficult time with symptoms right now. My dear husband is being very good to me and he is patient.

Third, Zach gets his tonsils out on the 29th! Yay. It will be nice when it's over. He really needs this done.

Sooooooo....... I will just look and not post as much for about a month or so. Maybe six weeks. It's just hard to type sentences sometimes. I don't feel like myself. Dang, I was stable for so long, I forgot what a pain in the butt these things are...... I know that many of you KNOW what I am talking about! :wink2: :)

I'll be back, and I will be myself again, it will just take a couple doctor visits and medication change. My therapist thinks maybe Klonopin.

So, every day I am here looking and enjoying the beauty. Also, I like to buy beads online. Of course! The best therapy of all! My dear husband said if I am not going to make beads right now, that I should buy my jeweler's bench and make jewelry with other's beads for awhile. He really cares that I stay creative and make jewelry. So, you might see me on ebay buying here and there! :D I'm just not in a posting mood right now, because my OCD is making me have intrusive thoughts, and I just can't think straight right now as far as my own writings. I can read other's though. So, I am still here!!!! Just quiet. :)

flynfire
09-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Hi all! I've been so busy the past month with work and hobbies. I sold 4 pieces which for me is a lot. It also did wonders for getting me out of that creative funk I was in! On top of the world again. Only problem is, I'm now having trouble keeping up with demand. What a nice problem to have.
When I was last here, Barry was getting ready to do a class in Chicago . Has that happened yet? How was it? I'm out of the loop! :wave:
Kit

Peg
09-19-2004, 10:34 AM
DonnaBee, You did an excellent job with your post. It was very clear and well done. Thanks for letting us in on your problem and wishing you a fast return to where you would like to be. It reminds me of my friend who is bipolar and she says she could have something worse and does well living with it. It made me think and wonder if I would be able to say that if it were me. Makes me proud of her. Peg M

beclectic
09-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi Everyone, It's a slow lazy day here. Beautiful sunshine outside and a certain coolness in the air. Fall is on the way.

Andee - Pink Eye is a kind of infection of the eye that causes it to become very pink. Cattle can get it too and if left untreated it can cause blindness in the cattle. I believe it is caused by bacteria and children can pick it up from other children when they rub their eyes after their fingers have become contaminated with the bacteria. Sometimes adults get it too. It can cause stabbing pain in the eye as well as itching.

Pam - I hope Luke is feeling alright and that the medication has stopped the itching and pain if he ever had those symptoms. Sometimes it is fun to stay home and not have to go anywhere or do anything. Monica really likes to play the game Hi Ho Cherry O but she sometimes gets upset if she doesn't win. Have you tried that game with Luke?

Mary - I wonder what is wrong with your website. I know it is very frustrating to set aside time to work on something and then you can't. Hopefully, the site admin. can clear up whatever the problem is on Monday.

Donna - Thank you for overcoming your OCD long enough to post. It makes me feel better to know that you are at least reading the forum, I like knowing you are there. I'm thinking positive thoughts about whatever new medication your doctor prescribes and I am hopeful that it will work for many years.

Kit - I'm glad your slump is over. It is a nice problem to have to be so in demand that you have to make beautiful things.

Lynne and Peg - Hi and thanks for stopping by. :wave:

Lynne - Maybe you could post some pictures of your pretty beads from Sarah, we'd all love to see, at least I know I would.

I am going to lunch with the family in a little while and then it is back and make something that I have in mind for someone that had an unhappy experience in an exchange project some time ago (not on this forum). I've got this idea perculating around in my head and if I can ever get it out I'll post a picture in the Show & Tell.

Have a fun and productive day,

TheBlueBetween
09-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi Barbara - I saw Luke playing that game one day when I picked him up from speech class - and just a couple days ago, since we've been confined to the house, I went out and got him 4 games - was was that one and we played it last night and Luke won both times. We also got a my little pony game - he loves horses and he loves pink, so it's not a problem that it's a girl game, and what else - cooties and preschool boggle - helps them learn their letters. We also have candy land and shoots and ladders. He's a great game player and as long as we agree to play again, he doens't care so much if he loses.

His eyes were getting better then took a turn for the worse yesterday and are now getting better again. I've had him treated by my naturopath - but if he's not 95% better by tomorrow I'm going to regular pediatrition for some regular meds. Can't mess around with eyes.

Sending out hugs to Donna Bee - hope you find the right thing to get back to feeling normal soon! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2004/27814-getwell.gif

Hugs for everyone else too. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2004/27814-hugz.gif

DonnaBee
09-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Thank you so much, you guys! Do you know, I felt about ten times better as soon as I wrote that post?

Afterwards, I went out by myself to the supermarket to pick up a few things we need, and it was a perfect beautiful summer night, and I felt good!

I just knew in my heart I did the right thing telling you all about it. :)

Beads-Me!
09-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Sending hugs your way Donna!