PDA

View Full Version : My Studio Is Finished !!!!

kissmyglass
09-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Can I brag on my gorgeous studio my hubby made for me from my daughters' old playhouse. It had become a junk room/spider haven but NOW...... We did all the work ourselves including building the table and tiling the floor (never again!). I was mostly in charge of refreshments. The furniture is mostly "a la Attic" and I call the wall color "Hell yes, yellow". I love being out there which is good since I have alot of work to do to be half as good as you guys. ( See my post "newbies first beads!" )Also a photo of me with my mini chihuahuas, Bella and Giles. Bella is one of the smallest dogs in the world weighing in at a whopping 1.5lbs. She is a souvenier form my former life as a painter living and selling in Central Mexico. Have a great weekend!!!

ritabead
09-17-2004, 06:16 PM
That is so adorable and CLEAN!!!!!!!! Love it

Linnea
09-17-2004, 06:42 PM
That is soooooo Cute !!!!!!!, I am hoping to have a cute studio of my own soon. I think we have found property in the Galena area. Right now my studio is in the dungon thread :p

GardenGirl1002
09-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Wow! What a great studio. Also, what a great playhouse for your daughter! We have a tiny house for my daughter - she's due to outgrow it this coming year and she's only 3 (tells you how tiny it is!). What you did looks fantastic and you should have plenty of inspiration in a room that looks like that, I'll bet. I am also in the dungeon surrounded by bare white walls and fugly tile from the 50's ...yuck.
I love the "hell yes" yellow - what a great color! And I thought the chandelier was a great touch as well!
Thanks for showing.

Vena
09-17-2004, 07:16 PM
I am sooooooooooooo jealous :wink2: Your studio is gorgeous! You are a very lucky girl. I would never come out if it were mine...lol.

Vena

Crowe
09-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Congratulations. Your studio is great. I love the yellow! About how big is the building?

Alan Cross
09-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Everything about that is cute, you , the dogs and your very cute studio...gee I wish mine was that clean lol....
Alan :)

kissmyglass
09-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanx!, Crowe the building is 14'by 14' and you can't see it but there a ventalation system flushed mounted in the ceiling - although we do have a power problem and currently have the kiln on a huge drop cord into the main house because the current circuit can't handle all the "stuff". i guess we will have to re-wire.
Alan - just checked out your website - excellent work!!!! Another painter / beadmaker. And yes I am very very neat - EVIL NEAT my children say. It is beyond my control. But I know I have a problem.LOL!

Alan Cross
09-17-2004, 09:02 PM
Katherine thanks a bunch glad you also liked my paintings...
Alan :)

Bubbyanne
09-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Wow, that's an awesome studio!
My house doesn't even look that nice and I wish I were joking! :rolleyes: (We have an old fixer upper waiting to be fixed up. It's all just so sad. :crying: ;) )

Enjoy your studio and keep making those great beads. Wow, only 4 days? Is that 4 days straight? Did you take time to sleep and eat? You're a natural.

Barb

kyyardlizard
09-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Now that is a studio.....I love it!!!!

Moth
09-18-2004, 01:00 AM
If that were mine, I would lock myself in and never come out. Do you have a fridge? ;)

~~Mary

gb-beads
09-18-2004, 08:19 AM
Cute as a button!

That is absolutely adorable!! :clap:

kissmyglass
09-18-2004, 09:00 AM
THank you , Mary, I don't have a fridge but I do have an intercom system that can talk to the people in the house or at the front door( cuz the property is fenced off) I mostly use the intercom to request a fresh drink ! :wink2:

mperaza
09-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Wow!! A fantastic studio and room service too????

Starleens Studio
09-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Nice! It has a lot of charm and a comfortable warm welcome feel to it. I am lusting over your TV in the corner. I wish you many years of success and joy!

Starleen

rosebead
09-18-2004, 10:33 AM
When can I move in? :) It is wonderful & so comfortable looking.

magpie999
09-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Congratulations!!!
Your studio is to die for!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

justdeb
09-18-2004, 11:02 AM
I love it!! What a great idea - making beads in a little palyhouse. I want one!! I'm sure you are really going to enjoy that. And we'll look forward to seeing more of your beads. Congratulations! :clap:

CharleneN
09-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Wow...that is gorgeous...you'ld never get me outta there!!

GinnyHampton
09-18-2004, 11:36 AM
Thanks for sharing - - - your new playhouse studio is perfect.

Hmmm, I need to run that intercom request for a drink idea past my boyfriend. MAYBE he'll go for it. Riiiiiiiight ;)

3SistersBeads
09-18-2004, 11:56 AM
OK, so raise your hand if you want a playhouse! :wave:

That has got to be the cutest studio I've seen so far. I would kill to have a detached studio. I'm happy with my in home studion (minus the huge mess, of course!) but there's just something about going outside to a separate place that just really calls to me.

Unfortunately, we live in a deed restricted community and I can't have an outbuilding. I'm trying to talk Matt into entertaining the possibility of moving where we can do our own thing, but he's all hung up on being 5 minutes from everything. Now me, I wouldn't leave the house if I didn't have to.

Have a blast in your new studio! I'm gonna save the pictures to show Matt. Maybe I'll even put it on my desktop to give him a hint!

Blessings,
Leslie

3SistersBeads
09-18-2004, 11:57 AM
OH! I forgot to mention the chandelier! What a perfect touch!

msritaa
09-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Congratulations on just the cutest studio I've ever seen! Enjoy and make lotsa beads!

Schermo
09-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Notice is hereby given that from now on, I will be relocating to Greensboro, NC and teaching in the Katherine Rose Playhouse with the Hell Yes, Yellow! walls. (Make room, Katherine, I'm coming in....)

And no, the picture isn't re-touched. She really IS that cute. Damn her. ;)

Schermo

boobiebeads
09-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Your studio and dogs are as beautiful as you are. WOW what a great set up, it really helps to be in an inspiring place like yours.

Have fun!!

Jennifree
09-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Ha! More photos to forward to my hubby. I email him pictures of everything I desire because he is gift-idea challenged. :wink2:

I LOVE your studio. Your creativity really shows in that little playhouse.

kissmyglass
09-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Thank you for all the studio compliments, I don't know many local folks as I have been living in Mexico for the past year so it was so nice to share with kind people (- also I have a theory that only fellow artists "get" other artists. So I don't usually even try here.) Everytime I got a thread response I went and hugged my DH, who also read and really appreciated your comments. We are very private here, almost in a compound .. So the cyper company is a real blessing. :wave: Thank you very much, Katherine

!Karen
09-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Hi Katherine!

Your studio is wonderful. What a great place for you to work!!

Love the color too!

If you haven't done so, you might want to post your studio pictures in THIS (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93005) thread.

It's a sticky thread so it's easy for folks to find and grab a bit of inspiration for themselves!

:wave:

boheme'
09-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Wow Katherine! Your studio is awesome - love the kick bu** color too. Does your husband hire out? :D Love your cute little dogs. Thanks for sharing.

Deb Cline