PDA

View Full Version : Not Beads.. LOL

Alan Cross
09-17-2004, 05:53 PM
I started with beads but have being doing more and more fusing here are my 99 and 100 plate the first one is black irid with clear then colors for the fishing boat.
The second is a white base with clear top and Neon orchid and Nile Green Irid they are both 13 and a half inches across and 3/4 of an inch deep. Any comments welcome!!
Alan :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2004/13186-plate-fishing_boat.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2004/13186-plate-4_dragonflies.jpg

!Karen
09-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Hi Alan!

Those are very exciting! I love the sailboat one best! I always go for dark colors and that iridized black is fab!

Good job!

Alan Cross
09-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi Alan!

Those are very exciting! I love the sailboat one best! I always go for dark colors and that iridized black is fab!

Good job!
Thanks Karen but its a fishing boat not a sail boat I am working on sailboats right now!

GardenGirl1002
09-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Both of your plates are just gorgeous! I love the iridized colors in the fishing boat one, but I have to say that the dragonfly one is my favorite. It's so simple and beautiful. I have been wanting to start fusing some plates for people for christmas and you've nudged my inspiration along a bit, thanks!
I had to laugh at your thread title because it's not that often that you see anything other than beads in here, even though it's the "Glass Art" board. Maybe we should make just a "Glass Beads" board ;)

BeadBraker
09-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Fab Dragonfly plate! It's my favorite of the two.

I think you should send it immediately for me to inspect it. And then you should send me an entire place setting for 6. :evil:

Love it!!
Nancy B in IL

Darla60
09-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Alan, those are really great. I like the colors in the black iridescent and the dragonflies are sweet. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Darla

Vaverska
09-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Great job! :clap: ...you are making me jealous though! I have wanted to do large fusing projects for the longest time I even have a HUGE kiln to do them in...just NO STUDIO yet so nowhere to use it! ( House purchasing delays! :rolleyes: ) Maybe when I finally get a place I can do some bigger fused pieces in, you will be able to lend me some advice! :)

Alan Cross
09-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Both of your plates are just gorgeous! I love the iridized colors in the fishing boat one, but I have to say that the dragonfly one is my favorite. It's so simple and beautiful. I have been wanting to start fusing some plates for people for christmas and you've nudged my inspiration along a bit, thanks!
I had to laugh at your thread title because it's not that often that you see anything other than beads in here, even though it's the "Glass Art" board. Maybe we should make just a "Glass Beads" board ;)
Kristen thanks its hard to see but the green in the dragonfly's wings is also Irid looks great IRL...you are welcome for the nudge... ;)

LOL thanks Nancy so glad you liked it so much!!

Darla thanks for your comments and you are very welcome...

Vaverska now you are making me jealious I want a much bigger kiln lol....

Thanks everyone ...

Patricia'sglass
09-17-2004, 09:00 PM
I see why you have gotten carried away from lampwork into fusing. They are both beautiful. I love the dragonflies.
Pattym

Alan Cross
09-17-2004, 09:07 PM
I see why you have gotten carried away from lampwork into fusing. They are both beautiful. I love the dragonflies.
Pattym
Thanks Patty but I am also still doing lots of lampwork just sold a bunch of bug beads to a lady in Seattle that makes them into necklaces...I really like dragonflys also I have also painted them!

jessicah
09-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Very nice, Alan!! I love the subtle colors of the dragon fly, but I also love the irid on the fishing boat plate. Now I'm wishing I had a bigger kiln, lol.

!Karen
09-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks Karen but its a fishing boat not a sail boat I am working on sailboats right now!

LOL, Alan!!!!!!!!!!!

I should read what I post sometimes! :rolleyes:

The boat is the same color combo of a little put-around sailboat my dad had when I was a kid, totally reminded me of it as I used to help him paint the hull and trim! White & bright red - always!

Anyhow, sorry, Ahem..........I like the fishing boat best! :D:D

Helen Simon
09-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Hey Alan. I've missed y'all's jewelry as well as beads. Fusing, eh? Looks great! I made a dragonfly pendant to list next week, gmta. :wave: Helen

Tink
09-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Both of them are wonderful! I would be hard-pressed to choose between them. I've been really wanting to play with frit casting, but I need to add a separate circuit in my studio so I can have both kiln running at once. Maybe soon...

You know, I think I would choose the dragonfly plate... :D

Alan Cross
09-18-2004, 03:03 AM
Very nice, Alan!! I love the subtle colors of the dragon fly, but I also love the irid on the fishing boat plate. Now I'm wishing I had a bigger kiln, lol.
Jessie thanks and its the same all over I have a 15 inch kiln but I want a much bigger one !!

Karen not a problem I can see how the colors fooled you!

Helen thanks I am still making lots of beads and stuff its just the fusing is a bit more artsy for me anyways....

Tink thanks and yes I am kind of leaning towards the dragonfly's also

KSS Lampwork
09-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Alan: I have missed seeing your beads and jewelry. Do you have time to post any pix of the bug beads? I love the fused plates, and your artistry continues to be transferrable to anything you make.
Karen

Alan Cross
09-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Thanks for that Karen sure I have a few made ready to mail off....they are pretty simple but I will take a shot of them .....look for a new thread or they will get lost in this one.