PDA

View Full Version : First Pastel Project - Textured Still Life

antheag
09-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Hi there,

I have just started a college Fine Arts course and am enjoying it very much! We have just started on Pastels and are doing textures as well, so I thought I would post my picture so far. I think I'm rather enjoying this medium!

Please let me know if there is anything that could be improved. It's a WIP at the moment, but I'll post the final picture when it's done

Anthea

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2004/35724-Small_Pastel.jpg

Kathryn Wilson
09-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the Pastel Forum Anthea! So glad you decided to post your WIP - it really is looking very nice - lots of texture and nicely done composition too! I look forward to seeing your next version of this.

I did notice that your painting photo size is on the smallish side - you can post pictures up to 600 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. My favorite is 500 pixels - that doesn't make it so large, but you can see all the details nicely.

Khadres
09-17-2004, 07:49 PM
You've a very nice start on this! Be sure and post the final version so we can see it! Oh, and welcome to the Pastel Forum!

K Taylor-Green
09-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the pastel forum!! Very nice indeed. Love the folds in the towels.

khourianya
09-17-2004, 09:52 PM
The reflections in the kettle are awesome! Welcome to our dusty little space! Glad you could stop by and I am definitely looking forward to seeing this when it's completed! :D

antheag
09-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!!!

Well I finished it yesterday and I must admit that I'm seriously chuffed with the result. I haven't had a chance yet to take a piccie of it tho'. I will do this tomorrow and post it in the evening.

Thanks for all your encouragement. I have really enjoyed this project and I'm very tempted to use Pastels as my preferred medium.

See you all around!!

Anthea

PS Keep watching this space!