PDA

View Full Version : S&T Friday, September 17, 2004

Oskadis
09-17-2004, 04:38 AM
I finished the first of the chokers I made beaded chain for in bed ;)

I could picture it for a bride or elven maiden ... hmm not sure if I want to part with it either ... I have this beautiful white velvet dress ...

Now show me your pretties :D

beclectic
09-17-2004, 07:55 AM
I finished the first of the chokers I made beaded chain for in bed ;)

I could picture it for a bride or elven maiden ... hmm not sure if I want to part with it either ... I have this beautiful white velvet dress ...

Now show me your pretties :D

Beautiful, if you keep it I'd like to see a picture of of you wearing it with the white velvet dress. Your work is all so romantic and fey.

Gingerbiscuit
09-17-2004, 08:14 AM
Lovely! I agree with Barbara - romantic! :)

carebear
09-17-2004, 08:54 AM
morning!
oskadis, is that tatting? the top part of the white necklace? it's just gorgeous! perfect for a wedding, Or a white velvet dress....

as for me, I went on a rampage last night...made 7 bracelets...they are all pretty much the same design, using silver spacers and bicones in jewel colors, so I lumped them all together for one scan, and then I'll show one of the others...

oh, and there's only 6 in the scan, as the 7th one met with a horrible accident having to do with a bad bad kitty...

have a wonderful day!

carrie

McDuck
09-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Karen, that is very romantic as Barbara said, very dainty too.

Carrie - yes kitties were made to be bad! poor lil bracelet probably didnt do any thing wrong to deserve such treatment. LOL those are really cute! you have been bitten to death with jewelry making havent you?? :D

More form me later, some really keewl things out of the kiln.

-Mary...errrr...McDuck

Andee
09-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Karen - lovely piece, very romantic and sort of innocent! :)

Carry - great stuff, my faves are the black and whites! :)

Here's my bit for today: Bali silver, rock crystal, Swarowski crystals and faceted glass beads.

Edited coz stupid me forgot to add the pic! :D

BBsBaubles
09-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Karen - That's just beautiful!
Carrie - Lovely work. Sorry to hear about the 7th bracelet!
Andee - As always, another great piece. I LOVE your style!

Nothing from me. The muse ran away some time ago, but I feel it coming back and I hope to have a few things done this weekend.

BlueBuddha
09-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Karen - Nice necklace! I love that style necklace, and I think your design is very cool.

Carrie - Very nice! I like the first bracelet best, I think. And 7 bracelets in one night? Wow!

Andee - Beautiful piece. Very elegant.

Great work, all! :)

sassybird
09-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Lot's of goodies today:)

Karen- Lovely necklet for a bride or even a coming out party where all the young men and women dress up. I wouldn't want to part with it either.

Carrie- What fun bracelets. The owner of the gallery where I show would love these. She wears colorful bracelets all the time.

Andee- This is a very elegant necklace. It would look nice with an evening dress.

McDuck
09-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Andee - that is lovely, very nice!

Here is alittle of what i am taking to the show with me next friday. More to come! Sorry for the thread hoggieness, hope you dont get bored!

-Mary

McDuck
09-17-2004, 01:43 PM
more...new stuff...on the little angel wings, the holes go either up and down through the center or side to side through the center. arent they cute? the white one has MOP but you cant really tell in the photo. They also have feather texture which isnt showing up well either. currently the butterfly face is a one of a kind.

Andee
09-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks everybody! :)

Mary - AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!! I love all your pieces, but the lil lizard guy is the best, absolutely adorable!! :clap:

carebear
09-17-2004, 02:47 PM
ok..gotta have me one of them lizards!!!! :clap:

McDuck
09-17-2004, 04:03 PM
hmm forgot the new froggee! thank you for your compliments! I love that lizard too and IF my web server ever comes up again, I will have him up there for sale. I made a few to take to ST Louis with me, thought they were cute!
-Mary

Kerensamere
09-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Mary, you're really having fun with those masks, I love the glazes that you are using on them. That lizard is adorable too! I'm still eyeing up some of those irridescent blue and purple beads. Hopefully I'll have some $ to play with after the next two weekends (I have a show this Sat. and another next Sat.), might have to get a lizard to keep me company too! :D -Jen

Oskadis
09-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Carrie, those bracelets are cute :)

Andee, again an utterly elegant piece. Love your style - so classical :)

Mary... oh mary. Those are GORGEOUS. Specially the lizard. :clap:

Thanks for the feedback :) Will see how it fits with my white dress :wink2:

Mary Riggs
09-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Oh, today all the jewelry is very elegant and beautiful indeed! All you women are so very talented.

Here's my contribution: "Sea Urchin" Bracelet

McDuck
09-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Rofl jen, he is a most adorable lizard isnt he?

thank you Karen and Jen!

mary that is a very nice bracelet! Is it a spiral stitch? or??? I have so much to learn :D

-Mary

Kerensamere
09-17-2004, 04:57 PM
Oh, today all the jewelry is very elegant and beautiful indeed! All you women are so very talented.

OH Mary! I love that color! It looks like it would be fun to wear and fondle while wearing :D -Jen

carebear
09-17-2004, 05:20 PM
ok mcduck..let me know when the server is up..the frog and lizard are calling my name!

mary..gorgeous!!! what kind of stitch is it???and beads??? and its great!!!!

carrie

McDuck
09-17-2004, 05:50 PM
and more...purple mother of pearl shells ...some new colors of skippingstones from the top french blue with mop, monsoon with mop, tropical with mop and plain, black amber and amber waves...you all tired yet? :D

beclectic
09-17-2004, 06:07 PM

Mary R. Wow, that really pops.

Mary McDuck, love all that came out of your kiln. I especially like the lizard like everyone else. That glaz on the lizard is very nice. The purple mop shells are really a knock out but I'm a push over for purple (they look purple to me).

Andee, like all those clear crystals, very elegant, the Bali really compliments them.

Mary Riggs
09-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Mary Mc D., your shells are very beautiful; I really like the irididescent finish.

Yes, my Urchin bracelet is spiral weave, going back and forth three times with embellishments with 15/0, 11/0, 8/0, 6/0, 4mm color-lined triangles, and a pewter button I bought on E-Bay. Colors are everywhere from deep purple and lavenders to clear and light/dark fuchsia. The colors are much 'louder' than I usually work up, but it was fun to make. The lighter pink/fuchsia is hard to see in this picture and probably because I chose the black background. It was a dry run for a pale pink to cranberry piece I was asked to make for a customer. Pink is not my favorite color, so I had to ease myself into working a couple of hours saturated with that part of the color wheel!

Thanks for the kind words :p

sassybird
09-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Mary, I love those masks! The lizard is cool too, but those masks are great. I can't tell you how much I love all the beads and focals you sent me. I am starting my first collar. It is unlike my others, but I think you will enjoy it:D

MaryR, I would like to know what kind of stitch that is too. I love to crochet and do macrame. Dadgumit! I just gave myself an idea........lol

Kerensamere
09-17-2004, 08:36 PM
McDuck, no we're not tired yet, but we want to know when we can buy one of your lizzards!!! :p

-Jen

McDuck
09-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Well, something is up with the web server, it keeps tellin me my password or ID is no good :mad: Well i keep telling it it is good. impass.

so just pm me if you want a lizard or froggy since my website no worky right now and if you have color pref. I will do one tomorrow the color of the frog and a frog the color of the lizard. I have others too on my website under ceramic beads. It is a color chart but not all colors are there. Cuz i cant upload to it. :( i wanna cry :crying:

I apologize to the WC Gods and will go under cover now.

-Mary

Patricia'sglass
09-17-2004, 09:54 PM
I know I haven't been posting for awhile. I hate to take pics and I have been lazy - kind of goes in spurts. I took pics tonight although since it's so late probably no one will se them but

Mary, I also love your masks - I think they're excellent!
And the sea urchin braclet is gorgeous and the set of bracelets and the rock crystal necklace IS elegant and the choker is so pretty. It would be beautiful with a white dress.

Here's a few things I have made in the last while- beads and wire wraps. I have been working on a catipillar bracelet but they really take a long time to make. Somebody should have warned us newbies about them.

Thanks for the eye candy and critiques are welcome. I am new to wirework and still a fledgling at lampworking. But I love it all! Think I talk too much? :D
The bottom one is my latest work for a friend who liked the tube bead.

tamjai
09-17-2004, 09:57 PM
us night owls are gonna have to start an evening S&T!
mary - you are going to get tired of me telling you that I LOVE YOUR BEADS esp the lizard( oh my kingdom for the money to buy beads........)
karen - pretty please with sugar on it....can we see you with the choker and the velvet dress???
carrie - you have a line in the making, those look very saleable
mary r - fun bracelet, I will say (i hope you don't mind) but, your pic doesn't do it justice if it has that varietry of beads.
andee - you are the height of sophistication

i am posting this necklace as i want to have a record of it before i take it apart and re-string :crying: the first strand just doesn't lay right - i have to remember that the first should be more than an inch shorter than the second - i never learn...... i called this one bead soup as it has some of my ceramic and lampwork
live and learn!!
tam

patty - you snuck in while i compsed my novel - those are gorgeously rich

beclectic
09-17-2004, 10:01 PM
I know I haven't been posting for awhile. I hate to take pics and I have been lazy - kind of goes in spurts. I took pics tonight although since it's so late probably no one will se them but

Mary, I also love your masks - I think they're excellent!
And the sea urchin braclet is gorgeous and the set of bracelets and the rock crystal necklace IS elegant and the choker is so pretty. It would be beautiful with a white dress.

Here's a few things I have made in the last while- beads and wire wraps. I have been working on a catipillar bracelet but they really take a long time to make. Somebody should have warned us newbies about them.

Thanks for the eye candy and critiques are welcome. I am new to wirework and still a fledgling at lampworking. But I love it all! Think I talk too much? :D

You're new to making jewelry and lampwork, I would have never know if you hadn't said. These bracelets are lovely. The copper one, that pink with the copper and the cloisonne ring bead is just perfect. Thanks for sharing your lovely work.

Hey you changed your pictures. Where is the one I was talking about. These others are pretty too.

Patricia'sglass
09-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Oh, thanks for the compliment. Can't tell I've been into bracelets lately. Tamjai, your necklace is gorgeous and those colors are so wonderful. I love green. Did you make any of your beads? I really like the mix of textures and greens and blues. Oh, I see now that I read your whole post that you do make your beads. They are great! I think multi-strand necklaces are very challenging to get all strands to lay correctly.

McDuck
09-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Patty - those are really nice! I love how you incorporated the copper into them. i love the blue one but the last one has this certain air of sophistication about it. Fledgling at lampworking? and what lovely fledgling beads you have there :rolleyes: oh for mine to look so nice...

Tam, your world for bead money eh??? I can recommend a good 10 step program for you :D And wowers I love that necklace!

_mary one tired mcduck

tamjai
09-17-2004, 10:14 PM
patty - yes most are my lampwork (i'm practicing bicones - hence the focal!) and there are a few of my ceramic beads in the mix as well - thanks

mary - my dream job would be as a buyer...just to run my hands thru the beads....biggest thrill is when i can order 5 or more strands of something(doesn't take much to make me happy.... :evil: )
tam

McDuck
09-17-2004, 10:18 PM
patty - yes most are my lampwork (i'm practicing bicones - hence the focal!) and there are a few of my ceramic beads in the mix as well - thanks

mary - my dream job would be as a buyer...just to run my hands thru the beads....biggest thrill is when i can order 5 or more strands of something(doesn't take much to make me happy.... :evil: )
tam

Just come on over someday Tam, you can jump in my tub and i will pour all my beadies over you. :D i have ALOTOFBEADIES can you tell? :confused:

-Mary

tamjai
09-17-2004, 10:22 PM
i'll have to send this thread to my fiance in victoria.....new fantasy imagery....hummmmmmmm
sorry 'bout that!!!!!!
tam

Patricia'sglass
09-17-2004, 10:24 PM
LOL :D Whatever works!

Thanks, Mary, I really like copper. It's good to work with and I like to mix it with silver although none of the pics show a mix.

Andee
09-18-2004, 05:53 AM
Mary - even more pretties! The froggie is a cutie, too! And of course I love all the shells, very very pretty!!

Mary R. - wow, that colour rocks!

Patty - stunning bangles, I love the lot of them! But especially the blue one, always my kind of colour!

Tam - gorgeous necklace, you picked great beads for it!

Patricia'sglass
09-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Thanks for all the compliments! I'm gonna get a big head now. I should post more often. LOL. Barbara, I feel I should clarify. I am new to wire wrap. I have been making jewelry for several years and lampworking for only a couple years. I want to devote more time to it but I work a full time job outside the home. Maybe for my retirement. I really enjoyed you all. When I take pics I'll show more and I sure enjoy seeing all your beautiful pieces. I never can get enough eye candy! :D

Mary Riggs
09-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Tamjai, I am happy that you told me that about the colors not showing very well on my picture of the "Urchin" bracelet.

I don't know why I used a black background !!! :rolleyes: In the future, I'll take more than one picture of each piece to get the colors to stand out more.

Thanks again, Tam