PDA

View Full Version : Need help with tiger painting

joa
09-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Don't know what to do with the water lily--it needs to be more defined, but it should not overpower the tiger. I'm thinking of maybe toning it down with a glaze. Or should I wait until the tiger is finished, then take another look at the waterlily? I keep looking at it while I work on other parts of the painting, and it keeps after me to do something. Believe me, if I knew what, it would already be done! :p

Please give me some hints, or some direction, I really need help! :)

PS--the yellow is somewhat brighter than it looks here.

jbitzel
09-16-2004, 09:14 PM
wait untill the tiger is finished, then add some darks and it will click. :clap:

ree7
09-16-2004, 09:17 PM
yup, i would suggest finishing (or almost finishing) the tiger before you do anything else with the lily. would love to see the finished painting when you are done.

ree

DeusExMachina
09-17-2004, 07:05 AM
I agree with the other commenters.
When you finish the tiger you could try to add a little contrast to the base of the petals or the center. It might actually improve depth slightly.

You're an excellent painter. Have faith in yourself and do what you think is right. You just know it will be gorgeous.

joa
09-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks so much for your suggestions. I guess I knew what I should do, but I was itching to "fix" that lily! Now I am busy painting stripes on the tiger, and trying to ignore the lily.

Thanks for your comment, DEM. After too many years of not making art, I don't have the confidence I used to have. That felt good!