View Full Version : acouple picture book illos

philwms
09-16-2004, 08:11 PM
A couple new picture book illustrations - Photoshop and a Wacom

http://www.eyewoo.com/eza.styles/style2.jpg

http://www.eyewoo.com/eza.styles/bam_jake.jpg

AFM159
09-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Great work! I love the action in the first one and the orange/blue yellow/purple in the second!

designbyjen
09-18-2004, 08:27 AM
love the :cat:
;)
~~~jen

Sketch22
09-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi Phillip,

Great Work, I am just returning to WC after being gone a long time and I am working on a mailout for children's magazines of my stuff.

I went to your site and was really impressed with your different styles. I have thought quite often of doing something very similar. I get the feeling that my style is too controlled for children's publishers, I am at this moment working on a looser style. It isn't easy. I will be working on it for a while I guess.

Have you had a good response to offering several different styles? Any advice would be good. I have only done one book and am just getting started.

philwms
09-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Sketch22... I have just recently set up my website and mailings to reflect several different styles. I'm not sure yet whether it is a good or bad strategy. About 3 days ago the first SASEs started coming back with my comment form. It looks about 50-50 now.

Clearly when you view all the artist agents sites around the web, each artist refelects a single style in the 6 to 12 images that are shown as examples. With the present setup for most of those sites, it will be difficult to show multiple styles for each artist with any effectiveness... so, I repeat, I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing... but it feels right for me... :)

Sketch22
09-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Well, I certainly hope it works out for you, I like the way you have it set up on your site. I think it shows tremendous skill that you have so many different options at your command. I think that many people may have a realistic and a loose style, but not many can differentiate those into even deeper levels of seperation. Good job! Lots of luck with that.

coolray
09-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Phil,

First off, I loved the styles! This is a great look! Very loose and fun.

As far as different styles for any one artist, I think it's okay. I feel as an artist, we tend to change styles as we look for our own place in the art world. I don't think it's wrong to even have different styles displayed together. I find that people like to see that sometimes.

I hope you are very successful in this. :)

Thank you so much for sharing the pix, and the thought. It may turn someone else to do the same thing, that otherwise felt that they couldn't do this.

As always, I love your work!

Terry