PDA

View Full Version : Thurs 9/16 s&t evening edition

Trey
09-16-2004, 04:36 PM
I realize it's too early in some areas for the evening edition, but it's already 4:30 here and the daily s&t is looooong already. Gorgeous stuff in there by the way!! :clap: I have this Asian looking set going up this evening. I am just in love with it. Thanks for looking!

Traci

mhartjen
09-16-2004, 04:57 PM
That is a beautiful set Traci. Here are mine ... Marna

cindy in madison
09-16-2004, 04:57 PM
i must have really bad timing because this happened yesterday too i just posted on the "daytime" post...

Good afternoon everyone!

Here is a set of "Just Lentils and Spacers" to show. Nothing too fancy but lots of fun stringer work!

And since this is Show and Tell. I'll tell something about this set as well, although it may seem very basic to you veteran bead makers, maybe it'll help a fellow newbee!

When making beads I have found a couple of great things to keep in mind when I'm embelishing with stringers. First, thickness certainly matters here :wink2: , 2mm stringers vs. 1mm can make all the difference; and the other is encasing colors with clear gives a lot of strength to the stringer. Strength certainly helps when you remember to keep tension on the stringer! :)

Cindy in Madison

meh2purple
09-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Thanks for starting an evening s&t already Traci! It's evening for me too! Evening means I get to go home and torch!! Yippeee!! :clap: That's a beautiful set too. Love those colors!!

Marna... gorgeous florals!
Cindy...great bright and flashy lentils!

Here's a few I've done lately...

juliecab
09-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Trey, love the pillows! Very cute set!

marna--luscious bicone in particular really love it!

Cindy -- those lentils with stringerwork are so cute! I can just see a very fun piece being created with those!

These are my adaptation of the opal yellow/pale sky blue/edp with something extra thrown in in...

swamperfolk
09-16-2004, 06:08 PM
I love the way this Jitterbug frit looks different on different backgrounds.

First pick pic is Raku stringer over:
1. Moretti Dark Red
2. Lauscha Wedgewood Blue
3. Moretti Purple (not EDP)
4. Laucha Steel Blue

Second pic is Raku stringer over:
1. Moretti Petroleum Green
2. Moretti Medium Brown
3. No Raku - just watch parts encased over cobalt blue.

Third pic (letter openers):
1. Raku stringer over Moretti black
2. Raku stringer over Lauscha purple
3. SIS over Lauscha pink

Last pic - my one and only Hallowween set.

GardenGirl1002
09-16-2004, 08:03 PM
Wow, so many beautiful things!! Is it just me, or has the S&T lately just been mindblowing. I swear everyones stuff is just so beautiful as of late. Must be just a ton on inspiriation floating around!!
Traci - gorgeous pillows. I love the colors in them!
Marna- beautiful, as always. I just love everything you make.
Cindy- those lentils are so much fun! The colors are wonderful and so bright!
Mary- All of your beads are great - I especially love the halloweenies!
Julie- Those beads are amazing! The design is so unique and beautiful!
Swamperfolk- Great work playing with the raku. Those beads are just to die for - I love the handles on the letter openers (that's what they are, right?)

I havent' posted in an S&T in a while, so here's one of the many many many that I just made for a show coming up at the end of this month. It's EDP, raku frit, and intense black. I called them purple chiclets because the shape kind of reminded me of that gum (they don't still make that do they?

Patricia'sglass
09-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Oh, Linda! Your work with colors is beautiful and those letter openers are so gorgeous. Where might one find them for sale? This S&T is great, you guys!!
Pattym

kybeadmaker
09-16-2004, 08:59 PM
I agree...this is a great S&T!!! I love seeing what everyone is doing with Raku...Linda, you seem to have that puppy mastered !!!
I am torn between quiltmaking and beadmaking sometimes (beadmaking always wins)! But these beads make me feel like I am doing both :)
Harriet

swamperfolk
09-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Oh, Linda! Your work with colors is beautiful and those letter openers are so gorgeous. Where might one find them for sale? This S&T is great, you guys!!
Pattym

Thanks Patty. There are several sources for blank brass letter openers. I tink this is the link to these - solid brass and beads on a thickly coated 1/8" mandrel work just fine:

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PSI&Product_Code=PKBLADE8&Category_Code=LO

swamperfolk
09-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Harriet, You squeeked in ahead of me. Great beads. Love you use of the twisties.

Patricia'sglass
09-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Harriet, your beads are always awesome! Linda, thanks for the link. Are you going to sell any of yours with your beads on them?
PAttym

Moth
09-16-2004, 10:39 PM
I agree...this is a great S&T!!! I love seeing what everyone is doing with Raku...Linda, you seem to have that puppy mastered !!!
I am torn between quiltmaking and beadmaking sometimes (beadmaking always wins)! But these beads make me feel like I am doing both :)
Harriet

Always love your beads, Harriet, but these are particularly cool!

I posted in the morning thread, but what the heck...I will do the bedtime thread too! :evil:

Here is a little raku from me, thanks to a very generous raogk from Juls!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/24464-rakulentilo.jpg

And a tiger tab.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/24464-tigerboptabo.jpg

~~Mary

Seeley
09-16-2004, 10:44 PM
The first of my new monarch series. Silvered ivory base with intense black, ochar, and coral.

Tom

Suz01
09-17-2004, 04:07 AM
Cindy - these are beautifully shaped lentils for someone calling herself a newbie - what tool do you use? I love the really ROUND lentils - mine usually look like lima beans, so I am tossing up buying a press, rather than my tongs.

Suzanne

i must have really bad timing because this happened yesterday too i just posted on the "daytime" post...

Good afternoon everyone!

Here is a set of "Just Lentils and Spacers" to show. Nothing too fancy but lots of fun stringer work!

And since this is Show and Tell. I'll tell something about this set as well, although it may seem very basic to you veteran bead makers, maybe it'll help a fellow newbee!

When making beads I have found a couple of great things to keep in mind when I'm embelishing with stringers. First, thickness certainly matters here :wink2: , 2mm stringers vs. 1mm can make all the difference; and the other is encasing colors with clear gives a lot of strength to the stringer. Strength certainly helps when you remember to keep tension on the stringer! :)

Cindy in Madison

swamperfolk
09-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Harriet, your beads are always awesome! Linda, thanks for the link. Are you going to sell any of yours with your beads on them?
PAttym

Yes, I'm preparing for a multi artist showing a a very small local gallery.

Patricia'sglass
09-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Linda, that sounds wonderful. How many artists are doing the show? Good luck, although as beautiful as your beads and finished pieces are, you won't need luck :D Oh and can you take some pics for us?