PDA

View Full Version : orange laces

bnoonan
09-16-2004, 03:17 PM
The model who wore the Mongolian costume in my recent portrait post, had these shoes on - which personally I found much more interesting.

Enjoy!!! I'm considering making them into a huge painting but I was hoping for feedback first.

Appx. 14 x 16" in size. Wallis.

Barb

(Oh - 1 hours work)

Kathryn Day
09-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Great, the ordinary becomes extraordinary! Love the orange and blue.

khourianya
09-16-2004, 03:55 PM
I love these! Could be my recently noticing my own lack of footwear, but these are really appealing to me at the moment! :D

emmachester
09-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Barb--you're right---very interesting, wonderful colors. My only question mark is the shadow at the top--I not sure what would cause a shadow like that. It makes me wonder what the shoes are sitting on. Are they up in the air on a piece of linoleum? Am I being too literal? It won't be the first time.

This would look great as a BIG painting.

Sherry

prestonsega
09-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Its tennie portraits!!!!!! :clap: These are interesting...and as usual so well executed.....i am going to have to be a fence sitter on the flooring to the lower left of the picture plane. I like it,,then i don't..then i do...hmmmm

bnoonan
09-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks you guys. I really was fascinated with the fact that only one of her shoes had orange laces but I ended up adding them to both.

The background was her day pack. I decided that I liked that dark negative space to make the shoes stand out more.

Katy.. I'm really finding that ordinary things are much more interesting than beautiful scenery.

Barb

Dark_Shades
09-16-2004, 04:57 PM
lolol Barb @ you, being more interested in the footwear lol :D ..... you are so darn imaginative...... these are great love how they are displayed..... :clap:

... and people love paintings of shoes and boots

Khadres
09-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey! How bout I send ya a couple pairs of Melissa's shoes....hers make these look prim and proper! Would be GREAT to see this larger scale! You're so darned good at this sort of thing! There's only about a million little stories recorded in those shoes!

bnoonan
09-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Dawn - is that what you call it... imaginative??? I think some folks refer to it as "twisted".

Sooz - wrap those shoes in a lot of plastic and send them on their way.

I'm in the process of gridding it out for a larger piece. I figure I'll need to do a little scratch and sniff patch next to them to get the full perspective!!!!

Glad you like - I really am thrilled with these!

Barb

Pinecone Conniff
09-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Your use of color is what really draws me to your work!!...Have loads of fun on the big version of this painting!! :D
Annette

Kathryn Wilson
09-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Barb - bizarre is the word! But they would be great as a large painting.

Wanna a pair of red? I wear mine to the studio everyday - most comfortable pair of shoes.

:clap:

K Taylor-Green
09-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Barb, How cool!!! Great idea for a painting. The only other shoes I have seen painted are ballet slippers. Gives me an idea for those gold, 4 in. heels I bought at a thrift shop!! :evil:
Seriously though, this piece shines!!

Paula Ford
09-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Great, the ordinary becomes extraordinary! Love the orange and blue.

DITTO!!

As always Barb, your work is extraordinary!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Paula

Nancy Leone
09-17-2004, 10:19 AM
Barb, I'm planning a shopping trip to buy some colorful shoes for the Handell workshop. Hopefully you will be drawn to them so I can keep you working near me. I think I could learn much from watching you work. Love the shoes!
Nancy

bnoonan
09-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Wow - thanks again for all the great feedback.

Kat - take a photo of your red one's and send them to me... I'd love to see them - oh better yet - take a few photos in different positions and be sure to add some shadows. Cool!!! - no rush - I'm a wild woman running around lately.

Nancy - it will be great to meet you as well. These were just 'speaking' to me.

Kate - did you wear the gold heels or did you just buy them to tap nails into the wall? That's what I'd use them for.... Oh - do paint them. It's much easier than wearing them :evil:

Annette - the shoe laces drew me to the colors and then the rest of it was just intuitive. The big one is on it's way!!!

Paula - thanks.... so much.. blushing.

Barb

Kathryn Wilson
09-17-2004, 12:17 PM
LOL Barb - I am setting up my still life again this afternoon, so will have good lamps out - so sure, I think I can do that - as long as you promise not to paint the red NC mud - :evil:

bnoonan
09-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Kat - that's excellent. The mud is all part of the character... notice the holes in these shoes.

B

binkie
09-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Barb, those tennies are great!!! I love it.

I have a pair of plaid high tops that I wear with a sweatshirt that has a dog wearing the same plaid shoes painted on it.

gwen

meowmeow
09-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Shoe portrait!!! I love it! Yes, you do have a way of taking something ordinary and making it special...this will be great large....of course then you have some big shoes to fill.......... :rolleyes:

Sandy

bnoonan
09-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh Sandy... I'm moaning just thinking of the pun.

Thanks very much and to you too Gwen. Plaid high tops sound grande!!!

I'm finding myself encouraged to do more shoes in a series.

Barb