PDA

View Full Version : Garden of Calla

keelbree
09-16-2004, 03:10 AM
Hi everyone, I am a new member and wanted to show a sample of my usual style of work.I have been painting this sort of decorative art for several years but now wish to stretch my skills and imagination.
Comments and crits welcome

Eileenjm
09-16-2004, 03:25 AM
Hi Keelbree, this is a beautiful painting I like your style. Don't you just love these flowers? I'm in the middle of painting one myself. Hope to see more of your work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

eileen

billiam
09-16-2004, 05:54 AM
excellant, i can almost smell them. flowers are beautiful to paint. bill

ExpressiveAngie
09-16-2004, 07:48 AM
Lovely painting. :clap: You say you are ready to go into a different direction - I cannot help but wonder what is next?

Artguy29
09-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Welcome to WetCanvas! and the acrylics forum :wave: . This is beautiful as it is so I don't suggest touching it but generally, paintings are more interesting when they're off center. Having your subject(s) centered makes the painting become very uniform rather than natural. For example, if you were painting a landscape with a barn, you wouldn't put the barn in the center and put the rest of the landscape around it. You probably already know this but it is very, very important. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Dave

Vicki_Oz
09-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Just beautiful!

Welcome to wetcanvas Keelbree :wave:

HRH Goldie
09-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Welcome to WC - I really like the way they are formally arranged across the painting it draws you across the width so I'm sorry to disagree with Dave on this occasion, but I'm sure he will forgive me :wink2:
If there were only a couple then maybe this rule of thumb would apply but it's reminiscent of a country garden border in this style.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Christine

ree7
09-16-2004, 09:28 PM
i love the background graduated colors... and smiled when i noticed the middle two flowers seem to be hugging. ;)

ree

Marty C
09-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Hi keelbree,
Welcome to Wet Canvas, nice to have you with us. :wave:
This is an effective piece, the background is particularly nice, the warm colours contrasting with the cools. You have the flowers down nicely, now as you say it is time to stretch and bring the rest of the landscape into play.
Have fun!

keelbree
09-17-2004, 03:53 AM
Thank you everyone for your encouragement and comments. I am going to try a landscape next and was interested in trying a stormy sky over a field or something similar. I will look through the gallery for a reference.
Looking forward to becoming a regular on WC

DeusExMachina
09-17-2004, 07:01 AM
Also a warm 'howdy and welcome' from me.
This is a very pretty painting. I'd love to hear about how long you've painted things like these and whether you've sold any of them.
I'm sure there's quite a market for these highly decorative paintings.

But you're right, as long as you keep doing the same there's little progression. At a certain time you could find yourself at a point where you can improve no more or when you get casual and uninterested (bored maybe) about what you're doing. Then it's time to move on.

I very much look forward to your stormy sky. My guess is it will be magnificent and slightly romanticised. Happy painting! :D