PDA

View Full Version : WIA Thursday Sept 16

Lori-O
09-16-2004, 01:56 AM
Hi all! I've been keeping very busy balancing all my plates in the air!

The Geodon is WORKING! I'm so happy to be able to FEEL again. I had almost given up. It is like my spirit was dormant for years. Now I feel like the blessed child of God that I am and I am so thankful for this deliverance!

I probably won't be posting much this next month as I am getting ready for a bead show (not jewlery) although, I do have a few things up my sleeve if they work out.

So, good morning to all who follow! Have a decadent day!

Lori

Andee
09-16-2004, 02:32 AM
Good morning, Lori and everybody who'll check in later!

Lori - that is good news, I'm happy for you! :)

I'll be off in a minute, short trip to a nearby town for breakfast and shopping (as if my town doesn't offer all that... ;) )

Have a sunny day, everybody! :wave:

beclectic
09-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Good morning all. My number finally got called in the Chinese Auction last night so I can post my goodie in the Show and Tell today. I'm so happy my number was called.

Hope anyone in the way of Ivan is OK and doesn't have property damage.

Lori-O, I'm glad you found something that is making a difference for you.

Andee, have fun on your outing. Sometimes a change of place for a few hours can make the world seem new.

Oskadis you mentioned yesterday that your leg is infected. I was wondering what happened. If you posted about it before I must have missed it and I'm sorry I did if that is the case. I'm glad it is getting better and hope it is all healed up soon.

Have a fun and productive day,

Beads-Me!
09-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Hi all! Looks like my computer isn't okay afterall... It's doing the same thing this morning that it did before I took it in! ...sigh..... So back to the shop it goes....

Big news for me - I'm going to be on TV this afternoon! I've been bugging the TV stations in town to do a spot on the bead show and one of them called yesterday and told me they could put me on today!!! GULP - LIVE TV!!! I am more than a little nervous and they want me to show them how to make a couple of things too!!!! YIPES! So think good thoughts and hope that I don't look tooooooooo goofy!!

Have a good one! Great news Lori...

beclectic
09-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Hi all! Looks like my computer isn't okay afterall... It's doing the same thing this morning that it did before I took it in! ...sigh..... So back to the shop it goes....

Big news for me - I'm going to be on TV this afternoon! I've been bugging the TV stations in town to do a spot on the bead show and one of them called yesterday and told me they could put me on today!!! GULP - LIVE TV!!! I am more than a little nervous and they want me to show them how to make a couple of things too!!!! YIPES! So think good thoughts and hope that I don't look tooooooooo goofy!!

<snip>

Sorry about your computer. Sounds like it has been a real hassle.

That is really cool about the clip for TV. I'm sure you'll do well. I would probably freeze up and just sit there staring at the camera. :eek:

McDuck
09-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Morning!

Lori - Congrats on finding a med that works. Here is to hoping it works for a good long time.

Andee - have a great time on that trip!

Nancy - you go girl! I am so proud *whipes tear* our lil stinky Nancy on tv. Well you deserve it girl!! Go get em and tape it for us less fortuntes.

Barbara - okay off to show and tell I go to see it!

As for me, off to a metal shop today, then make more beads. And work on my website. I want to change it around a bit again.

Have a wonderous day!
Mary

Andee
09-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Barbara - I was waiting for your number to be picked, too! Couldn't wait to see what you came up with, and it's so cute!!

Nancy - keeping my fingers crossed for your computer, it's such a nuisance if they don't work... But much more finger crossing for you being on telly! You go gal! I'm sure you'll do just fine!! :)

Mary - hi! :wave:

Charlee
09-16-2004, 10:02 AM
:wave: Good morning! :wave:
Oh I'm in a revoltingly good mood this morning. haha It's nice to wake up happy. Have NO idea why - I have to go to the dentist at 10 to have a crown replaced. The thing's so old, there's a hole worn in it. And it's a gold one too - wonder if there's actually enough gold to cast something with?

Have a great day, y'all. I'm still sending thoughts of safety and support to those in Ivan's path. ~shudder~

Bangs
09-16-2004, 10:33 AM
LOL Charlee, only us crazy jewelry types would wonder that!

I've just finished a commissioned bangle, and darned if I'm not going to take it apart and start over. It's pretty and "ok" but just doesn't pop--and when someone commissions something no holds barred, I want it to POP, darn it.....

Anyway, a quick wave to all!!!

TheBlueBetween
09-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone ! My cable was out all night so I'm feeling a bit disconnected! Not sure what's up - wireless doesn't work, but plugged in the CAT5 and now I am back... will worry about the wireless later. Just glad to be back on - I'm such an addict.

Nancy - GOOD LUCK !!!! I'm sure you will do great!

Barbara - congrats on having your CA number picked! And that everyone liked it :) She IS very cute.

Lynne - I think you are the only one left who's number has not been called? Or did I miss that too? I had to go back a gazillion pages to find Barbara's. And there are a gazillion more too.

Well, I have a ton to do today so now that I'm about caught up I need to get off the computer. Oh preschool meeting last night was eye opening. I will be working at the school 2-3 days per month, plus one day at least of field trips, plus I am now the co-op marketer. I wanted arts & crafts, or library, so did everyone else, so I picked marketing since it IS what I went to college for. LOL - all I have to do is place a few ads in the paper once in awhile, make up brochures and drop them off places. So that leaves me about 15 Luke-free hours a month to torch... it keeps getting smaller and smaller :( Oh well - it's a great program and will be a wonderful experience for Luke.

Everyone have a nice creative day :)

Pam

Barrie
09-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Good morning all, another quick fly by today. I'm off to Vancouver to deliver some custom stuff (I'd take a picture, but it's so disgustingly ugly! LOL! Her design, not mine!). Have a great day everyone (Lori, congrats!!) :wave: :wave:

TheBlueBetween
09-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Popping in to show off one item I got checked off my list - I had to photograph all my husband's glassblowng class projects so he can pack them up or do whatever he's going to do with them to get them OFF MY KITCHEN COUNTER!!!

The coolest thing is this pumpkin I oohed and ahhed over last night when we went to pick up the last of his stuff - it's a teacher demo and I'm so happy I got to take it home with me!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/27814-1frank4.jpg

Hubby's glass is on my site: http://www.bluebetween.com/news.htm - great beginner stuff, but not really eye candy...

framerak
09-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Pam, that pumpkin is absolutely adorable! Makes me almost not dislike fall so much!

Nancy, you'll do a great job so no worrying or fretting! What fun!!

Barbara, I love that pin. A sassy, spunky red hat lady.

Lori, I swear sometimes trying to find the right meds is more frustrating than the underlying problem. Hang in there! I'm hoping this one does the trick for you.

Charlee, what an uplifting way to view a dentist visit! I'm looking at my crowns in a whole new way!

Andee, nothing better for the spirit than a bit of an outing. Enjoy!

I'm framing like crazy today. I'm leaving for a Retreat next Tuesday so I'm trying to get caught up before then (I have never - not even once in my life - been caught up!). I'm grouchy over the weather and not being able to bead today. GRRRRRR! Maybe another stiff cup of coffee will help...

Angela (who is trying not to snap anyone's head off today)