PDA

View Full Version : Thurs 9/16 Show & Smell..no...Click & Lick...no??

Moth
09-16-2004, 12:52 AM
:evil:

Here's mine!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/24464-intrigue2sideo.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/24464-josephsideo.jpg

Watcha got???

~~Mary

koregon
09-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Mary, those are beautiful!
just curious...to get that many cool flowers in a bead...how big do those end up??

mine in the morning, three sets, but can't photo until the light of day :D

Moth
09-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Mary, those are beautiful!
just curious...to get that many cool flowers in a bead...how big do those end up??

mine in the morning, three sets, but can't photo until the light of day :D

Hi Kaye! Can't wait to see yours. :D

My florals usually run pretty big because those tend to move the fastest for me. I can get anywhere from 16mm x 11mm to 22mm x 15mm.

The first one I posted measured 22 x 14 and has 12 flowers, the second one is 20 x 15 and has only 9 flowers.

Here is a smaller one (oink) that goes 17 x 12 and has 10 flowers.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/24464-periwinklevioletssideo.jpg

~~Mary

nicker
09-16-2004, 01:28 AM
MARY YOUR BEADS ROCK!

sorry about yelling just had to get my point across.

Lisa Crispin
09-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Hi there Everyone,

My name is Lisa and "I come from the land down under". Sounds like a good lin for a song, doesn't it?

This is my first show and tell here, but I have been working with glass for over 12 months now and frequently post in the Aussie Glass Beadmakers Forum. Martha, you might know me as Lisa C.

Anyway, here is my contribution. Probably the piece I am most proud of to date. Was a commission piece and in the end the customer was very luck to get it. I nearly "lost" it. :p

Fyrsmith
09-16-2004, 01:44 AM
Hi everyone,

Mary, those are gorgeous florals! :D I wish I could do that in boro.

I have the freezer stocked with Coho salmon, so I feel like I have provided for my family for the winter. Fishing is slowing down and I finally have time to work in the studio again.

When I take a break from torching, I always feel sort of lost, don't know what to make when I start up again.

This time I decided to try some of the raked dot and line work on beads, since I am very comfortable with this technique in my blown pieces. Here is what came out. The colors are remnicent of my second favorite art period, Art Deco. My most favorite style is Art Nouveau. These are "flaming heart" beads, made with Northstar colors, and average about 28 x 13 mm.

kybeadmaker
09-16-2004, 02:16 AM
Oh Mary...yummy flowers!!!!! I can't seem to cure my squeeze addiction :)

Briatha
09-16-2004, 02:32 AM
Mary your florals are always exquisite but that pink one just sings to my soul!

Hi Lisa welcome to WC! Your eye candy is stunning! I can see why you almost lost :evil: it.

Fyrsmith that color combo is luscious!

Harriet They are yummy....I don't think you need to cure your squeezed addiction just yet! I ordered the squeeze press over a week ago and I am hoping it will soon get here so I can play too :wink2:

Here are Cobalt Elf Rocks and Purple Raspberry Float. I'm back to my lentils again :angel:

blackcatbeads
09-16-2004, 02:34 AM
I haven't post for a while.. been tooooo hot to make beads... here are some of my latest.

Emily NZ
09-16-2004, 06:15 AM
Beautiful florals Mary.
Welcome Lisa, they look like paua shell!
Fyrsmith my heart, my heart, my heart is on fire!
Harriet those are bright and happy.
Faith and Nicole lovin' those lentils.

Here are some of my boro pendants. A red treescape, a green starfish rock pool (do you see the jellyfish?), and two grapescapes.
Emily

nursekatie
09-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Oh I have been missing the show and tell something awful. Such great beads everyone!!! Mary, your flowers especially rock and Harriet....the colors just POP POP POP!!!!

My computer crashed..what a PITA!!! I think I might have a few though to show......I am working on raised cane florals and Kaye got me hooked on Raku...........Oh darn.......my pics aren't here......ok...well....Tonight I will round them up and show ya all!!!

dread
09-16-2004, 07:21 AM
As I said earlier this week - I have to get back to looking at show and tell every day and submitting something - you guys are true inspiration to lampworking !!!!! I just sit and stare with my jaw open at what you can come up with each day - wonderful beads today group !!!!! exceptional

Me on the other hand have been painting and working on a fused bracelet - only have the flat done - need to cut it out and fire polish it first
Also working on a thankyou gift for Mike Crowley - all his hard work at Glassstock. The background is meant to be smoky (as in fire breathing) Its not finished - I want to line and cap with silver (thats my next project to learn in the next week)

dawnann
09-16-2004, 07:41 AM
Good Morning all, Wow everything is so beautiful....Here are a few of mine. Everyone have a Wonderful day! Dawn

jeffwelsh23462
09-16-2004, 08:20 AM
good morning all! hope everyone is having a great morning so far! here are my show n tell's for the mornin'... :angel:

Norma623
09-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Wow - such beautiful work today. I sure wish I could see the pix when I enter my reply....if I missed anyone, sorry - great work all!
Mary - your florals are an inspiration!! As you can see - I have bubbles to deal with yet (always something!).
Harriet- great fun, funky, bright beads!
Fyrsmith - wow! Hearts a'fire! Love the display too!
Emily- your boro pendants are absolutely amazing - I sat and stared!
Lisa - welcome! Great beads - I'm partial to blue/greens myself - these are yummy!
Deborah -your fuse-work is gorgeous - if I only had a hot-enough kiln!!
Briatha - gorgeous lentils - love the pink!!
Nicole - great fall color combos! I especially like the middle set!
Nurse Katie - good luck with your computer problems!!!
Dawn - Great sets - LOVE THE POOL-BALL SET!

Here's three of mine....a floral, a layered silver/frit/dichro and a "jungle dichro"

Foofaraw
09-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Mary ~ those are fabulous!!!! I really have to work on my encased florals!
Lisa ~ Welcome and those are awesome!!!!
Fyrsmith ~ I like the color combos on those!
Harriet ~ why would you ever want to cure that addiction, gorgeous!
Faith ~ I love the elf rocks, they um ROCK!!
Nicole ~ good to see you sharing again! They all look great!
Emily ~ those absolutely blow my mind! The Vineyard one, OMG!!!
Deborah ~ oh my the detail!!! Those are fabulous!
Dawn ~ I love the pool ball set! How cute!
Jeff ~ Man I love your bracelets!!!
Norma ~ Can I use that last one as a focal for mine??? lol

Ok, here is my first attempt at a sculptural floral, took forever, but of course I enjoyed every second of it!!! And then a medium pillow set that I did. Sorry if the photo's are large.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/19877-Starflowercallage.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/19877-Go-For-Glam.jpg

Booger
09-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Mary?
Ooooooooo...... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I am suffering with severe lust for a Dreaded Paint. And the florals by Mary Moth and the Fyrsmith Deco's ...and Emily's Trees and Faith's lentils and Harriet's patterns beauties and Jeff's dragon and Dawn Ann's pool set and Norma's multi-dichro and Black Cat's Red Spots and HOLY SMOKES JEN! That is a stunning flower and love the squares! And new Lisa's lovlies and even though she hasn't posted yet - NurseKatie's. I am sure I will want those, too. (And back to post, because I can't read my own writing and if I forgot someone, please forgive me?) Thanks to Nikki had a chance to try the Raku Frit and so far, have only burnt it up JUST LIKE DINNER!

Not sure these qualify for the title, but here ya go! The Day Of The Dead Babe looks JUST like Betty Davis with a slug on her head and the other? It's a self portrait!

Romper Room,
Booger

Moth
09-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Mary?
Ooooooooo...... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I am suffering with severe lust for a Dreaded Paint. And the florals by Mary Moth and the Fyrsmith Deco's ...and Emily's Trees and Faith's lentils and Harriet's patterns beauties and Jeff's pool set and new Lisa's lovlies and even though she hasn't posted yet - NurseKatie's. I am sure I will want those, too. (And back to post, because I can't read my own writing.....) Thanks to Nikki had a chance to try the Raku Frit and so far, have only burnt it up JUST LIKE DINNER!

Not sure these qualify for the title, but here ya go! The Day Of The Dead Babe looks JUST like Betty Davis with a slug on her head and the other? It's a self portrait!

Romper Room,
Booger

Does Bette Davis have the coral lips that you picked up at Artful Hands?? :evil:

Gorgeous work everyone!!!
~~Mary

GinaJ
09-16-2004, 09:16 AM
WOW, what a way to start the day, everyone is so talented! And welcome to WC! Lisa!!!!
Here's mine, some autumn florals, etc.:

Moth
09-16-2004, 09:17 AM
good morning all! hope everyone is having a great morning so far! here are my show n tell's for the mornin'... :angel:

Hi Jeff...I saw that dragon over at Glass Artists.org this morning and fell in love with it! Great movement!

~~Mary

starlightdesigns
09-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Wow, Mary, I just LOVE your florals.. I've been working on mine, trying to squeeze more flowers into my beads. Mine run about the size of yours, but with only about 5 flowers in them. How DO you cram so many in there???

Lisa, welcome!!! Your commissioned piece is lovely!!!

Fyresmith - those raked beads are SOOO cool, I love the look of em... What is that you've displayed them on? They have a real southwestern look to them...

Harriet, your squeezed beads just look so fun and playful! Delightful!!!

Faith, I'm a big time lentil lover, and yours ROCK!!!

Nicole, I really like your sets, so pretty!!! The black and pink is REALLY cool!

Oh, man, Emily, those pendants are awesome, especially the red treescape - perfect for Fall!

And Deb, wow, those are simply beautiful pieces of art!

Dawn, your sets are very nice, especially that yummy purple one!

Jeff, wow... You never cease to amaze me... Love the seahorse the most... Kinda looks dragon-like, at the same time. VERY cool. I LOVE it!!!

Wow, Norma, those focals are dynamite!

Oh, and Jenn, wow... I'm a really big fan of your work. That fower is gorgeous and that set totally rocks!

Booger - your beads are just drop dead gorgeous! LOL!

Here's a couple of mine...

What I called my "Wicked Game" set. (I'm a Chris Isaak fan):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/37248-dls186.jpg

And my "Gwendolyn" set from my Rennaisance series... I love making these, so much fun... Still working on my raking techniques, but I'll get there eventually...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/37248-dls187.jpg

It's all good ol' Moretti!

Have a great torching day, everyone! I know I'm planning to!

I hope all our friends in the path of Ivan survived OK!!!!

Hugs,

theonlyduda
09-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Such beauties this morning!! :) Always a great to wake up to such inspiration. :D

jeffwelsh23462
09-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi Jeff...I saw that dragon over at Glass Artists.org this morning and fell in love with it! Great movement!

~~Mary
thanks alot mary!

Onalee
09-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Wow, Deberah, those beads are nice. I started something similar on white lentils several weeks ago but couldn't figure out what to put on the back and there they sit. You inspire me to finish them. I'm using China paint. What did you use? Onalee

Zonnestraaltje
09-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone!!! I haven't even seen a show and tell since the Chinese Auction got started!!! I've been missing out!

I thought I would come out and play too this morning. I haven't made a set since July, so this was fun. It's Moretti clear with Tourmaline Green reduction frit. (Oh, but the spacers are just a solid transparent green...dark grass green? I'm not sure! Sorry! Maybe they should just rename it beer bottle green. :rolleyes: )

jamilyn
09-16-2004, 10:32 AM
What I called my "Wicked Game" set. (I'm a Chris Isaak fan):

I probably shouldn't mention that I met Chris - we sat next to each other on a flight from SF to Hawaii several years ago :) He is a DOLL !

KellyD
09-16-2004, 10:39 AM
What an amazing assortment of beads today! You are all awsome!
Here's mine for the day. I made a little Smore's snowman and other treats for this Christmas set.
Kelly

starlightdesigns
09-16-2004, 10:53 AM
I probably shouldn't mention that I met Chris - we sat next to each other on a flight from SF to Hawaii several years ago :) He is a DOLL !

You did??? Oh, man!!! You lucky girl!!! Yes, he IS a doll!!!! :D

Cole
09-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Beautiful beads, everyone! (Sorry, I just really don't have the patience to acknowledge each set individually, and I'm sure I'd forget someone and hurt their feelings...)

I will say, though, that I love those painted beads! That is a technique that I really want to try... I've printed out directions, but I need to get the supplies and finish setting up my temporary studio (its almost ready!).

koregon
09-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Well I am back...with pictures this time...all remakes...because the first ones sold buy it now right away...so I always figure might need to try again, someone else might need some.

Have a great day everyone!
my raku from Olympic came today.....sooooooooooo guess you know where I will be :D

Maui Garden
Midnight Jitterbug
& Fiesta Ombre

not sure what order they are going to come up...but you should be able to figure out which is which...

NitroGal78
09-16-2004, 01:28 PM
This is such inspiration! Awesome beads by everyone.

Kaye, I love the Maui Garden and your Stripe. Would you tell the colors you used in the Garden and the base color of the Stripes? Pretty please!
Lisa

fay
09-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Gorgeous Show and Tell. Here are some Halloween beads I made a few weeks ago...before all of these Hurricanes. A set of Halloween cut-out cookies and a Mexican Sugar Skull. I just listed them on the bay too.

Have a terrific Thursday.
:wave:

boobiebeads
09-16-2004, 02:08 PM
WOW, great S&T, where did you all come from so bloody early in the day. I wish I could comment on all of them as they all rock... :clap:

Anyways this is what I did while DH Geoff was at his first evening class for a Business Management Degree. I now have every Wednesday to myself to do as I see fit.. :wink2:

Moretti, dark ivory, SIS and black stringer. I have a huge pull towards doing organic these day.

Starleens Studio
09-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Ditto to Michelle-Marie's statement about today’s S -n- T. "they all rock".

DREAD I love the Art Nouveau / Mucha design. It has an elegant gothic look. You have got to have a steady hand and a lot of patience?

Lisa -a cheerful :wave: Welcome to WC!

Here is my offering:

GinaJ
09-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Fay, I love those beads! I've never seen the Halloween cookies before, those are just too cute!

fay
09-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanks Gina. Your comment made my day!! They are so fun to make but I only made two sets of 8 focals. That took me a whole day of work. Thanks again.

cindy in madison
09-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Here is a set of "Just Lentils and Spacers" to show. Nothing too fancy but lots of fun stringer work!

And since this is Show and Tell. I'll tell something about this set as well, although it may seem very basic to you veteran bead makers, maybe it'll help a fellow newbee!

When making beads I have found a couple of great things to keep in mind when I'm embelishing with stringers. First thickness certainly matters here ;) , 2mm stringers vs. 1mm can make all the difference; and the other is encasing colors with clear gives a lot of strength to the stringer. Strength certainly helps when you remember to keep tension on the stringer! :)

Cindy in Madison

Fyrsmith
09-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the compliments on my "Art Deco" colors. :D :D

Debby, those stands are very simple: they are wooden toy wheels with a 1/4 inch dowel stuck in them and drilled out for a 3/32 mandrel piece. I got the wheels from some woodcraft supply catalog years ago. They were just lying around waiting for me to find a use for them! :clap:

-Don-