PDA

View Full Version : S&T Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Andee
09-15-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi everybody!

Here's my piece for today (or for the moment? ;) ) - lots of freshwater pearls in white, pink, lavender, peach and burgundy, strung in my haphazard manner! ;)

dogmaw
09-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi everybody!

Here's my piece for today (or for the moment? ;) ) - lots of freshwater pearls in white, pink, lavender, peach and burgundy, strung in my haphazard manner! ;)

Andee, that is great! I can't tell from the picture, how did you get them strung like that?

Jo

carebear
09-15-2004, 09:29 AM
hey andee! that's a great necklace! i loooove the colors, and the style...

here is my bracelet from yesterday..it's also the one I had a little trouble with (listed in my snuggly thread above)..it's wooden beads and bronze iridescent beads..and goes with anything! now i just gotta fix the bare wire part..ugh!

have a good day!

carrie

McDuck
09-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Andee - Very pretty. I like the colors and the oddity of the shapes!

Carrie - when strining, if you coil the bracelet or necklace in front of you, it will allow for enough room for the beads to move without large areas of extended wire. You can the crimp without gaps. But it is a nice piece :wink2:

As for me just a pic of some things that came out of thekiln yesterday. A second mask with the first mask.

Hae a great day!
Mary

debkauz
09-15-2004, 09:51 AM
How did you get the pearls to do that?! Nice job! And, I agree with Mary about the bracelet. You can always put some dangly's around to fill up the spaces for now if you want.

And, Mary! I LOVE those masks!!! They look so middle earth to me. I am going to try to do some freeform peyote and something like that is an inspiration! You continue to amaze me with all you do.

Deb

Andee
09-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Andee, that is great! I can't tell from the picture, how did you get them strung like that?

Jo and Deb - ta. I used thee pieces of very thin nylon coated wire, and strung the larger pearls on 2 wires while I have a small one on the single wire, another small one on one of the wires as it comes out of the large ones, and then I take the 2 small pearl-wireds and string a large pearl on both of them... Erm, this sounds weird - did it by any chance make sense to you? :D Hmmm, maybe you can see it better on this pic:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/29310-2004_09_15_1_003.jpg

Carrie - lovely bracelet, nice, warm colours! :)

Mary - another bunch of pretties! :clap: I can't help it, but I love most the snail shell - always my kind of stuff, sea-themes! :)

McDuck
09-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Oh Andee I like how light and airy it looks. I couldbt tell from the other photo. What fun!

and thank you guys! I am having a great time wiht these and Deb it sounds like you need one to do peyote on...or just come teach me and I will give you one! :eek:

-Mary

Juls
09-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Andee,

That pearl necklace is lovely! I love multistrand pieces and yours is so open and feminine.

Carrie, Cute and versatile bracelet!

Mary, I LOOOVE those masks!!!

Here's one I finished over the weekend..more of those mosaic tiles in a cabochon style bracelet...
*Harvest Chant*

~Juls

McDuck
09-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Juls, that is very nice! Is it peyote? or??? I want to learn how to do that in the worse way! Did you make the cabs?

Mary

Juls
09-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Mornin Mary! (and thanks) :)

Yes, it is peyote..simple tubular with 11s and cinched around cabs with 15s. (really easy! try that tutorial when you get time!) The leaves are peyote/brick combo, the beaded toggle is cinched flat peyote, and the loop is peyote/netting combo. I didn't make the cabs, I found them at Michaels.

hugs~
~Juls

McDuck
09-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey Juls, when you can spare a moment please, take a pic of the clasp parts, i can carely see them wiht myold eyes. :rolleyes:

-Mary

Andee
09-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Juls - that bracelet is delicious, why am I thinking of a couple of chocolate cakes with icing and multicoloured sugar-thingies around their border? ;)

Charlee
09-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Andee, I love the way you strung those pearls! Looks so airy and delicate.

Carrie, that bracelet is very nice - good colors. One thing I do is cover my crimps with big hole beads after the crimping part is done. Someone on one of my bead lists has bought some Thai beads that aren't soldered and opens them slightly, slips them over the crimp, then gently closes them. Finding that balance between too much wire left showing and a too tightly strung bracelet is something that takes PPP - or it did for me. I still need 2 more hands to get it right.

Mary, your beads are just getting more and more cool. :clap:

Juls, wow, those colors pop! I'm always fascinated and a little frightened by eency beadwork. Makes my eyes hurt to think about it. LOL

Yummy stuff, y'all!!

Juls
09-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Andee, that visual created a demanding sweet tooth! lol

Charlee, thanks! I love seed beads..I love looking at them and holding them and stitching them together. They are my absolute favorite "thing" in the world! :D I know quite a few people who feel the way you do...but one by one they are falling to the lure! lol

Mary, here are close ups. The beaded toggle fits in the loop and the netted fringy leaves around the loop keep the look solid with no big open space at the clasp.

beclectic
09-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Jo and Deb - ta. I used thee pieces of very thin nylon coated wire, and strung the larger pearls on 2 wires while I have a small one on the single wire, another small one on one of the wires as it comes out of the large ones, and then I take the 2 small pearl-wireds and string a large pearl on both of them... Erm, this sounds weird - did it by any chance make sense to you? :D Hmmm, maybe you can see it better on this pic:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/29310-2004_09_15_1_003.jpg

<snip>

Andee - it made sense but the close up picture is even better. Great idea. Love how that looks.

Mary - all georgeous as usual. I can't get over that glaze it is so yummy. That lentil shaped one with the strap leaves (brown) looks like it would do really well in one of those cab seed beaded bracelets Juls made a while back. Edited to add: and the one above that I didn't see until after this was posted.

Carrie - you are really doing well with the colors of those bracelets. This is another pretty one.

Edited to add: Juls another great cab-seed bead set bracelet.

toozygoot
09-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Andee - beautifully done! I love the colors you combined and the airy look!

Mary - the glaze you used on the masks, shell and matching beads is super! It just fits those masks so well!

Juls - how cool!!! I love the black and white with those indian corn colors for lack of a better description. Your work looks so precise yet free!

:clap: :clap: :clap: everyone!

pat

McDuck
09-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Mary - the glaze you used on the masks, shell and matching beads is super! It just fits those masks so well!

pat

Why thank you Miss Pat, you are so kind to me!!! Maybe one will find it's way to you in another package... :D ya just never know with this silly duck!

-mary

Trey
09-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Andee- very simple yet very elegant- lovely!!

Mary- I just love those masks!! Cool colors too!!

Juls- That is one cool piece- love the cabachons- beautifully done!!

Traci

tamjai
09-15-2004, 07:58 PM
so much great stuff today!
andee - your pearls are light and airy - although i'm in full fall mode, i love how delicate that necklace is
carrie - again with the bronze, i want
mary - those masks are too cool, i can't wait to see one incorporated into something
juls - what a great colour combo - the whole piece is awesome

this is a bracelet i made for an eleven year old that likes blue! My optometrist practically remade my didymiums so they would fit and didn't charge me anything!! i offered a trade - so this is for his daughter. it is asymetrical for a bit of fun
tam

Kerensamere
09-15-2004, 08:15 PM
this is a bracelet i made for an eleven year old that likes blue! tam

Tam, that is just lovely! Nice job! -Jen

McDuck
09-15-2004, 09:00 PM
mary - those masks are too cool, i can't wait to see one incorporated into something

tam

Me either Tam! Might stick them on just beads wiht the star fish and others.

btw love that bracelet! what alucky 11 yrold!

Kerensamere
09-15-2004, 09:08 PM
McDuck- Those are great masks too! Could you just put a pin back on them? I think they'd make lovely brooches. I could see one on a lapel, on a hat band, on a scarf, etc....

-Jen

Juls
09-15-2004, 09:17 PM
I can totally see one of Mary's masks as a focal in a freeform. great stuff!

McDuck
09-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Yes, you could gluee a pin on the back or bead around it! i wish some one would try!

mary

Lori-O
09-16-2004, 01:51 AM
Ooooh, Mary-Mary..

Love the masks! The glaze is perfect! I just ruined about 10 beads by putting the glaze on too thick. :rolleyes: Live and learn.

Andee
09-16-2004, 02:35 AM
Thanks y'all for the nice comments! :)

Tam - I love that bracelet, pity that I'm not 11 years old anymore, but I like blue! ;) Great lampwork, too!!

Oskadis
09-16-2004, 06:04 AM
Hi!
Gorgeous jewelry all :)

I am still getting over a bad leg infection so I will keep it short today :)

Have a nice day!

beclectic
09-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Hi!

Have a nice day!

Sorry your leg is infected but I'm glad to hear it is getting better.

McDuck
09-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Hi!

Have a nice day!

Karen are you okay? I wondered what had happened to you. I hope it get well soon.

hugs,
Mary

McDuck
09-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Ooooh, Mary-Mary..

Love the masks! The glaze is perfect! I just ruined about 10 beads by putting the glaze on too thick. :rolleyes: Live and learn.

Oh Lori I am sorry to hear this. But yes, you can overglaze. then either keep em, pitch em or take a dremel and dremel down the drip and refire. usually 3 medium coats or 2 heavy work well. I also like to do 4 thin.

-Mary

TheBlueBetween
09-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Beautiful work everyone!!! :clap: