PDA

View Full Version : Wear Its At Wed. 9/15/2004

beclectic
09-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Good Day All,

I'm startng this thread because I'm dying to tell y'all something. I just went and saw the movie Hero. Its made in Hong Kong and it is about the King who unites China into one country. It has sub-titles but pretty soon you are not realizing you are reading them and just listening to the voices as you read the information. You have to go see this movie. Every scene is a painting, this is the most beautifully photographed movie I have ever seen. It is one long work of art. I have tears in my eyes just telling you about it. I don't want to tell you the intricate plot line because it is a joy. The plot line is a joy because of the way it is written, this movie is a tragedy in the classic sense. Go and cry your eyes out. Jet Lee plays the main part but the acting is fantastic down to the most minor part.

Hope everyone has a fun and productive day.

Andee
09-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Hi Barbara and everybody who'll come later!

This is just a quick hi from me... Barbara, that sounds indeed like an interesting film, I wonder when it'll be out here in Germany (and if they just ONCE not try to dub everything)...

Have a fun and creative day, y'all! :wave:

beclectic
09-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Hi Barbara and everybody who'll come later!

This is just a quick hi from me... Barbara, that sounds indeed like an interesting film, I wonder when it'll be out here in Germany (and if they just ONCE not try to dub everything)...

Have a fun and creative day, y'all! :wave:

If it doesn't come out in Germany do you have a DVD player? I can send you a DVD once it comes out here on DVD. I think this movie will be a must see for anyone who is an artist or appreciates the arts. :)

LLane
09-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Morning all..... I'm popping in to say hi before I get ready for my trip. We leave later today to go to check on the house in KW. While the hurricane has turned away from the keys, it still will cause weather so it is going to be a short wet trip! But I have lots of details to firm up... so should be a productive trip!

I'm feeling behind on almost every project right now and I hate that feeling.... especially when I am leaving for 4 days!! So... the plan is to make a plan and put it into motion on Monday next to get caught up and maybe even ahead??? (getting greedy now aren't I?) This past weekend's show was better than expected, my rep came by on Monday and needed new samples, so I now have like ..... NO inventory and that scares me .... this is not the time of the year to be so low.

Ok..... done whining...... you all have a great week and weekend.... will miss you and see you back here on Monday..... don't forget to enjoy!

Peace,
Lois

PS Barb.... movie sounds good.... imo there are so few movies worth my time that I will put that one on the short list of must see.

debkauz
09-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Mornin' all,

Barbara--sounds like a great movie! I will definately try to get to see it.

Andee--mornin'--or most probably, afternoon ;) The offer still holds, BTW if you need it. Just let me know.

Lois--try to stay dry! I don't think that will happen, but I can hope for you. Glad your house won't be in the way. Boy, I feel so sorry for all those folks and what they are going through. Enough is enough!

I am off today--YAY!!!YAY!!!YAY!!! Didn't have too bad of days for the last 2 at work, but it is always nice to be at home with the critters and beads. Chatterbox has a big lump on her hip that seems very tender. I think we might take a trip to the vet today if it doesn't seem any better.

Well, I have 7 cats around my legs mewing right now. Guess they might want their brekkie? :cat: :cat:

Have great days, all!

Deb

Andee
09-15-2004, 09:49 AM
If it doesn't come out in Germany do you have a DVD player? I can send you a DVD once it comes out here on DVD. I think this movie will be a must see for anyone who is an artist or appreciates the arts. :)

Barbara - thanks, but DVDs from the States don't work here, we have a different country code and my DVD player can't play the ones coded 1... If I can't get it here I'll have a look in England, usually I can find things there... But thanks again, your offer is very kind! :)

McDuck
09-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Morning everyone! :wave:

quick drive by again from me, lois I hope you stay dry and get it all done. As for the beads, I am sure you will have a supply ready again soon!

Deb, you are just having kitty problems as of late. I hope it turns out for the best wiht eht lumpy kitty.

As for me, go to check the kiln, shower and back to the studio for me.

-Mary

Andee
09-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Lois - have a good trip, I hope everything works out well for you!

Deb - yep, afternoon here already! And thanks again, I might come back on your offer! :) I'm sorry to hear about Chatterbox, I hope she'll be fine!! But having 7 cats around your legs must be heaven! (Exhausting, but heaven! ;) )

Mary - just hi! :wave:

TheBlueBetween
09-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi everyone :)

Barbara the movie sounds wonderful - I much prefer a foreign film with subtitles to one that has been dubbed over. Seattle has a foreign film festival that runs for about a month every year - before Luke I used to love going and seeing as many of them as I could get in.

Well today is speech class again. (This is kinda getting old - but he is doing really well - it's made such a difference for him). Then the preschool called AGAIN and wants MORE help moving and setting up. And they want a donation of some sort for the "Five wonderful men" who built the new fence. And then tonight is the first Parent/Teacher workshop of the school season. And next week is another training one. I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into for less than 6 hours of free time a week (oh, no, I meant 6 hours of quality preschool education - what am I thinking?).

So that is my day. No jewelry making in sight. Though I have GOT to get those wedding earrings and bracelet done for my friend ASAP. Would hate for her to have naked ears on her big day! (Though she is eloping, so who would ever see her? LOL)

Everyone have a great day. Lois I have something for you (and have a nice trip - hope everything goes smoothly):

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/27814-smilecarryingflag.gif

XOXO,
Pam

beclectic
09-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Barbara - thanks, but DVDs from the States don't work here, we have a different country code and my DVD player can't play the ones coded 1... If I can't get it here I'll have a look in England, usually I can find things there... But thanks again, your offer is very kind! :)

OK, it may be out in Germany. It was released worldwide 2 years ago but the rats Miramax held up release here in America because they had just realeased Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I guess Americans can only watch one Chinese tragedy every two years. :confused: I know there are DVDs available in England of this movie.

Why do they have to have stupid universal codes to stop things instead of to help make things easier? Bad words, I am thinking lots of bad words that I can't post. :mad:

Barrie
09-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Good morning, quick drive by today! Have a ring to finish for 1pm, and it's no where near done!!
Have a great day all!!!

Charlee
09-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Barbara, John will be thrilled. He loves Jet Li. I'm glad because now I'll enjoy it too. :D We have a thing about actually going to the theatre for a movie (which neither of us really like to do). If I go see a guy flick with him, he has to come see a chick flick with me. Not a bad trade.

I'm working on some very basic jewelry these days, just building up some stock for a show. Nothing fancy - will scan a few things when I get them completed - am building them in an assemby line fashion, so I can sit in my comfy chair with my feet up and watch movies. ~insert lazy wench con~

:wave: to everyone!!

Tutti-frutti
09-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Good morning , gute nacht. (german) :wave:
I am always the last to post, even though it's only 10:00 am.pt
I am waiting for my delivery of oxygen. Sometimes they wont show up at all. Still cant complain this is the only delivery service out here. heyyyy the guy came and went :D lucky me. Guess the other visitor of the rodent kind was not as lucky , therefore my husband has to do his duty.... :eek: :clap: Yesterday was my first time to sell some earrings at work. I was surprised when 1 girl bought 3 sets. Back to the shed it is for me. The 1st digital camera I had was using too much space on my old pc. I never looked into it again. The scale tipps at a new pc or a smaller digi camera. Wishing you all a good day Katja

beclectic
09-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Barbara, John will be thrilled. He loves Jet Li. I'm glad because now I'll enjoy it too. :D We have a thing about actually going to the theatre for a movie (which neither of us really like to do). If I go see a guy flick with him, he has to come see a chick flick with me. Not a bad trade.

I'm working on some very basic jewelry these days, just building up some stock for a show. Nothing fancy - will scan a few things when I get them completed - am building them in an assemby line fashion, so I can sit in my comfy chair with my feet up and watch movies. ~insert lazy wench con~

:wave: to everyone!!

OK, this movie has Jet Li and lots of martial arts. Convince him that you want to go see it because you know he'll like it so much and then you can silently sit in awe of the beauty and he will owe you a chick flick. What a great plan, I'm evil :evil: .

DonnaBee
09-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Drive by hello! :wave: (I can never get computor time these days! During the day Brian is on it, at night the boys are! Grrrrrr. Maybe soon I will get my own laptop. :D )

Wow, Barb, I can't thank you enough for this movie recommendation.... I hope to see it in the theater! But if I can't, I won't miss it on DVD. I can tell from all you say it's a great film to experience.

I'm sending out lots of good thoughts for any of us WCer's in Ivan's path now and throughout the night.

Beads-Me!
09-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Better late than never?? I'm bummed that I've been so busy lately that my time on WC! is minimal.... :( Looks like everyone is doing well though. I had my first lampwork student today - how fun! It was so cool showing her the addiction of working with glass!

Sweet dreams my friends.. Those in the path of Ivan - stay safe!