PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday - Show-em, if ya got'm

Virginia L.
09-15-2004, 01:55 AM
Hello, hope you are having a good morning or evening!!! - It says Wednesday on the time line - I am a bit early, but am SO tired, have to get to sleep - I did another HUGE dichro bead, have to stop doing that, they just end up huge. Then I did one of those twistie beads, I started out with a periwinkle blue, and then tuttie fruitie frit, then did the twisting. I am so happy with this, wish the picture showed it better. Then, another Small Mouthed stripey: this one is a Small Mouthed Tiger stripey, and is particularly frilly!! Have a GREAT day - Virginia

Sassyglassgal
09-15-2004, 02:02 AM
Wow, that is an awesome fish, and I like the bicone very colorful and pretty.
Woohoo its early and I can't seem to wind down to go to sleep. So here is a raku entry for me, on a black base, I love the reaction it gives.

Sassyglassgal
09-15-2004, 02:03 AM
oh geez, forgot to upload, trying it again, I guess I may be more tired than I think.

Virginia L.
09-15-2004, 02:06 AM
oh geez, forgot to upload, trying it again, I guess I may be more tired than I think.

ooooooooo, very pretty - you much have some really quick fingers, to have been able to buy some raku!!! :D

margaretz
09-15-2004, 02:27 AM
Woohoo!!! Two days in a row that I'm able to post... school is keeping me very busy... not enough torch time and not enough sleep... the bright side is that I'll be done soon...
Virginia- the twist-ified bead looks wonderful- I'm sure those colors are much more vivid in real life! The fishy is seriously cool, too!!
Debbie- Your raku pressed beads look great- I've had fun seeing all of the raku beads- so much variation!!!
I've been playing with these "Biologicals" (inspired by microscope slides of cells) beads... the first is lavender/ ink blue, and the other transl. yellow and one of those new reds (Vetrofond? apologies for the thumbprint in the photo). Slightly appropriate that I've been making these again since I taught a "Cell Biology" lab last week... LOL... Have a great day everyone!

KikkiSweden
09-15-2004, 06:35 AM
Virginia - Cool fish! How large is that dichro bead in real life?

Debbie - Very pretty raku beads! I'm still waiting on my raku frit, can't wait to try it!

Margaret - Oh Wow!

I have finally made a set of tiger beads that I'm proud of! Obviously someone else likes them too because they got their first bid on eBay within hours of being listed! Yay! :clap:

GinaJ
09-15-2004, 07:18 AM
Good morning! Such beautiful beads already today!
Virginia - that twistie is so cool, and I love the fish!
Debbie - your Raku looks great!
Margaret - wow oh wow oh wow
Kikki - those are great tiger beads!
Here's mine, ivory wrapped in silver, with transparent teal and blue:

KellyD
09-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Great beads everyone!
Gina, I always look forward to seeing your beads and the colors combos you come up with, great job today as always
I don't know if you can tell, but these are Noah's Ark, the focal is the Ark with a little piggie's and girrafe's, and then I have a couple of elephants, rabbits, zebras, giraffes, and fish on the blue beads.
Kelly

CalmWaterStudio
09-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Great beads everyone! Margaret.. every time I look at your beads, I just want to go sell my house and kids to buy them!

My kids have had me making little cat sets to donate to their fall festival... here are some I made for E-bay. They're fun...

Foofaraw
09-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Virginia ~ I like the fish, he/she looks like they have a lot of attitude!
Debbie ~ great job with the Raku! I must play with mine today!
Maraget ~ OOOh that first one! I am such a sucker for bluish purple!
Kikki ~ I made some tiger beads for the first time last month, aren't they sooo fun to make?? You did a grrrrrrrrrreat job, he he!
Gina ~ how pretty, I'm always a little to heavy on the heat and burn the silver out.
Kelly ~ Wow, that looks like a lot of work!!!!
Gigi ~ The oracle cat makes me gigle!

Here's a fall set that I did yesterday, was back in a lentil mood! amber with silver and ocelot spots and then two shades of amber and black.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/19877-Amber-Hues.jpg

pearsonglass
09-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Here are two new ones from this week. The first is a lentil shape bead from my medallion series. The second one is an alien pod series bead.

Its is nice to get back and see all the work. Between all the weather , lack of power , followed by lack of cable it has been hard to follow anything online. And it is starting to flood here again as I speak, o joy!!!! ( I am in Richmond by the way.

Brad Pearson

Onalee
09-15-2004, 09:31 AM
I just got my new camera and am testing it out. I know the background is not right. These beads I made with Alex's intense black frit and ivory. We'll see if I remember how to do this.
I've been watching everyone's beads and everyone is growing so much. Wow! Such creativity. It is really thrilling and I might add, humbling. Onalee

emmytr1
09-15-2004, 09:45 AM
As always a very nice show of beads. Here are a couple of mine for today. I can't wait to try raku, I seem to be stuck in an organic rut but they make me happy to make them.

Mary Lou

dread
09-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Wow - I envy you all for such great beads today.
I really need to come and visit EVERY day for inspiration again so I wont just go home and NOT torch (being lazy)
I do love them all -
Margaret in the last two days you've had some really cool beads I particularly love the red mix ones -

CalmWaterStudio
09-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Mary Lou, if that's a rut, don't try to get out... those beads are really pretty!

dasi11
09-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Wow what a beautiful day!!! The beads are awesome. I finally got torch time and did some flowers.

Lara
09-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Hi there. There are some lovely beds today. Wish I had time to comment on them, but work calls, ugh.

I have 2 sets of 30 (was one set of 60 I broke up). I got a color book and turned to a page and made beads with those colors. I have to say, I love the colored together.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/10029-FF1SM.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/10029-FF2SM.jpg

Lisa Jordan
09-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Morning! Wow Virginia your fish is Fab! MargaretZ, the blue one, I'm speechless! Brad, very cool! Here are a few of mine with, surprise, frits and silver! Good day to all...Lisa

Virginia L.
09-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Virginia - Cool fish! How large is that dichro bead in real life?

Debbie - Very pretty raku beads! I'm still waiting on my raku frit, can't wait to try it!

Margaret - Oh Wow!

I have finally made a set of tiger beads that I'm proud of! Obviously someone else likes them too because they got their first bid on eBay within hours of being listed! Yay! :clap:

Hello Kikki, nice tigers - that dichro bead is 60mm by 34mm by15mm, and weights a TON. The fishy is 55mm long!!! I go thru a LOT of glass - thanks for asking.
Beautiful show and tell today - I pray that everyone is safe in our batter'd south!!! Hope that flooding backs off Brad!!! - God Bless - Virginia L.

shaneanth
09-15-2004, 11:24 AM
I like em all!

Linnea
09-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Everyone beads are great today. Here are mine , working with the Halloween colors.

kybeadmaker
09-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Gigi..I love your fall festival beads! Looking good everyone ! I tried doing some Christmas beads...I don't know why, I never make theme beads, but this is what I got. They have different designs on each side.
Harriet

Jo-Del
09-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Hello, hope you are having a good morning or evening!!! - It says Wednesday on the time line - I am a bit early, but am SO tired, have to get to sleep - I did another HUGE dichro bead, have to stop doing that, they just end up huge. Then I did one of those twistie beads, I started out with a periwinkle blue, and then tuttie fruitie frit, then did the twisting. I am so happy with this, wish the picture showed it better. Then, another Small Mouthed stripey: this one is a Small Mouthed Tiger stripey, and is particularly frilly!! Have a GREAT day - Virginia

WOW, that pice of art of the right is absolutely fabulous!!! Awesome work!! Blesings, Monique

Jo-Del
09-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Your all awesome, Gee, I wish I had time to play !! My stuff wouldn't look as fgood as all this awesome art on here but I sure would like to have some time, I think I'll make some this week!!!!! Beautiful, every single bead!!!! Blessings, Monique

Tink
09-15-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm sure hopping onto this thread late today. LOL! Nice work, everyone!

I've been struggling lately, primarily because my artistic reach exceeds my grasp at this point. I've spent the last week essentially banging my head against a wall. Last night, I decided I couldn't take another day of total failure, so I took a step back and made some work that is "comfy" to me.

One piece that I won't show here (it's on my website) is probably the ugliest thing I've ever made. In fact, I called it Buttugly. LOL! But here's some others that are more soothing to the eye:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/10179-medbluefrost.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/10179-moroccansunset.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/10179-rainbowfrost.jpg

Toni Lutman
09-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Lots of fun stuff today! And Tink...Buttugly is...ummm...interesting? :wink2: :)

I think these will go on ebay this evening.

Toni

AMR GlassWorks
09-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Yum! Yum! And more Yum!! :clap: Great work everyone! :clap: Here are 3 I just put up for today! Dread gifted me some of that gorgeous Raku frit so I played with that on violet and then I just played with the other sets! No chintz today!! :D

maureen
09-15-2004, 02:25 PM
ditto what anne said....yummy! here's a few going down to the bay in a little while......enjoy the day!! maureen

koregon
09-15-2004, 02:34 PM
mine for the day....thanks for the prettys to look at today everyone...have a great day! My hubby comes home from Denver tonight...yippee! :clap:

Virginia L.
09-15-2004, 02:34 PM
WOW, that pice of art of the right is absolutely fabulous!!! Awesome work!! Blesings, Monique

Whyyyyyyyyy, thank you, thank you very much. If you look closely, you will see the clear lausha I bought from you. - Thanks again :clap: :wave: Virginia PS: which one is it you liked????

jms
09-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi Ya'll...

Virginia...BEAUTFUL colors!
Debbie...great beads...great color...
Margaret...excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard (oops...should I have said that in the "Eeeeeeewwwww" thread instead?) Your beads are definitely NOT the eeeeewww part....as usual, these today are drop dead gorgeous!
Kiki...Love the tigers! No wonder someone bid on them so quickly...
Kelly...FUN beads!
Lara...fun, fun, fun...
Gigi...those are wonderful! I think Hilda is my favorite
Jen...great fall colors....I think I definitely need to order more amber...
Brad...I've used up all my adjectives....I don't think I have any left that are good enough for these!
Tink...amazing! As usual!

Okay...I know I've left a bunch of you off the list, but I really do need to learn to post earlier in the day! There are just too many great beads to comment on.....

Here are some from me...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/31673-wcblue.jpg

Starleens Studio
09-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Hmm, just when I felt like taking a break from the torch, everyone had to inspire me today. Here are a few of my wonkie florals. I just cant get the hang of them yet. Grrrrr.

Starleen

Cindy D.
09-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Starleen: You're much closer on the florals than I am - wonkie indeed - why, coming out of my studio those would be held up in awe! Good thing I don't have the camera yet so I don't have a way to prove how 'bad' mine are!! I keep trying to tell myself that it's okay, I'm just not into flowers but I still sneak back in to try another! I'm now working on the one-day principle!

mhartjen
09-15-2004, 05:30 PM
I always love this thread! Gigi ... your cats are quite cute! Brad ... love your work! Here are two of mine ... Marna

Juls
09-15-2004, 11:58 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm drooling all over my keyboard. I have been playing with beads instead of making them for almost a week...and I tend to hibernate in my studio when I get on a beadweaving streak.

I sure have missed show and tell!! You are all so incredibly talented and the S&T today is WOW!!!!

hugs~
~Juls