PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday PM Show & Tell

Becky Mason
09-14-2004, 06:07 PM
The AM Show & Tell got so long that I decided it might be nice to start a PM one today. After all, it is 6pm on the East Coast. :D

For all of you AM posters, great beads, but so many posts that it would take me until tomorrow AM to comment on all of them individually.

I'm posting 2 pictures tonight of my very first Gaffer beads. I bought Gaffer from Val and from Gail, and made beads with glass from both batches. Can't wait to play some more with this wispy glass.

The pink set is pale pink base, rolled in Val's opaque raspberry frit, decorated with a raked vine-like pattern of fuchsia frit stringer dots.

The watery set is a base of light aqua Gaffer rolled in a frit that I mixed from about 8 different colors (transparent and opaque), then swirled for the watery look.

Both sets go on eBay tonight.

Now I'm off to the torch! I'll check back later to see the new beads everyone else posts. I promise!

Becky

Patricia'sglass
09-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Oh, the colors you chose are so gorgeous!! Your beads are wonderful. :clap:

cindy in madison
09-14-2004, 06:21 PM
I just posted this on the "regular show and tell" maybe I should do this pm one...

Hello to everyone - you may not know this but you have all been inspiring me for a couple of months now. I finally feel like I have something worthy of posting so here it goes. I would love to hear some feed back.

Thanks!
Cindy in Madison
ebay seller name: full_circle_galleria

JayneM
09-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Hi-Beautiful gaffer beads, and I really like the fun lentils and boobie beads. Here are some of my test beads made with the uroboros 96, and raku frit. I think they turned out some interesting colors.

emmadogdesigns
09-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Becky--I am drooling over those bead sets! Just gorgeous! :clap:

I just got a new camera today...a Olympus C-5000. I'm already loving it...here's a set I took a picture of first. Coral, black and nile green. Fun, Fun Fun!

Can't wait until the kiln is done and I can take more pics :wave:

chrisdd
09-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi, Cindy-in-Madison! Glad to see you here. I've recently discovered you and your friend (aardart) on eBay and just LOVE what y'all have been doing. Welcome to WC! :wave:

Becky Mason
09-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks everyone!

Cindy - Your beads are wonderful. You have a real eye for color and design. Keep up the good work!

Jane - Your Uroboros bead with the Raku look almost like Boro beads. Don't you just love playing with the Raku. I'm still experimenting, but I know I'll get the result I want if I just keep playing. Isn't playing FUN?!!!!

Emma - Great pic with your new camera. You definitely captured the bright and fun colors in those beads. WTG!

Back to the torch!

Becky

JRT
09-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone. I have been away for a while. Love the colors everyone. Here are a few from me. They are some frit beads.
JRT

PolychromeBeads
09-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Some terrific colors tonight, folks! :clap:

Here are a couple of mine--

An ivory focal with silver and lots of swirling (a bit of black, too, I think):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2004/18777-ivoryorganic.jpg

And a set in my "Kitchen Sink" series - leftover frits in my scrap jar, encased in clear:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2004/18777-matrix.jpg

Aimee
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2003/10535-cartoon_cow_female_stare_md_clr.gif

Lisa Jordan
09-14-2004, 08:28 PM
ohhhhh..Becky and JRT, I am loving those colors! Aimee, love the ivory focal, silver looks great! Here are a few of mine...Just getting back into the swing of things after the summer off.
Lisa

Becky Mason
09-14-2004, 09:15 PM
JRT - Love your beads, especially the first set. Do you mind sharing "how" you made them?

Aimee - Your Kitchen Sink beads are fabulous. What color of base did you use?

Lisa - those are some d**n nice beads for someone who took off the summer. Is that the famous raku frit? Especially love the first bead.

Becky

DesertDreamer
09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Yummy yummy colors tonight!!!!!

Here's a "dream bead" I've been pondering for a while. Finally got the nerve to give it a try and I'm really happy with it. I know it's weird looking but, heh, what can I say?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2004/11920-SanguineSpiral.jpg

Dallas
09-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Hi All, I am trying again to post a picture. I want to start selling my beads on e-bay but do not know if I am e-bay worthy. Please let me know your opinions if this post actually works.
Thanks,
Cheryl
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2004/13603-beadth1.jpg

Well I just give up. Now I got it to post but it will not enlarge so you can see it. Can you say "computer impaired"....... :(

KrisMcAllister
09-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Everyones beads are as lovely as ever!!! I haven't posted in a long time so here is a couple from me.
Kris

Starleens Studio
09-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Everyone’s frit and organic beads are fantastic. Karen, the dream bead is very nice, you have a unique idea there. I have a lot of trouble making beads that long still. Becky, the Gaffer pinks are very dreamy.

I just posted these in the AM thread by mistake, sorry for being redundant. They are simple designs, still trying to master the basics.

Starleen

Amozoo
09-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Everyone is so inspirational! Here are some etched beads ... IN FOCUS! yea

Becky Mason
09-14-2004, 11:29 PM
KarenK - your bead isn't weird at all - it is AWESOME!!!! What color is the base bead, and what color is the frit. Rememeber, this is show & TELL. So don't forget the tell part - do tell - please!!!

Becky

Kris(too)
09-14-2004, 11:37 PM
I want to share too!! Just listed on Ebay Tonight! I had such a great "on" day Monday! Come see! :D http://search.ebay.com/mattskiss99_W0QQfromZR8QQsojsZ0

DesertDreamer
09-15-2004, 12:52 AM
Thank you Becky!!!!!

It's a base of Gaffer clear (skinny straight tube) wrapped in a spiral with Val's creamy white Gaffer glass. Then I carefuly heated the white ridges and rolled them in copper ruby frit. I pulled stringer from Uroboros black and wound that in the "ditches" between the white spirals.