PDA

View Full Version : Girls Day Out

mrs willow
09-14-2004, 05:43 PM
This subject was a very appealing one to me. I Knew the driver of this splendidly restored mode of transport and I also knew of his love for horses.
He was the driver for this party hire enterprise. This particular day his charges were a group of girls celebrating a birthday.
Medium: Jo Sonja acrylic gouache. Paper: Canson Dessein fort. Size: 10" x 14"
Photo was taken after framing, hence the reflection.
C & C welcome
Sandy

Marty C
09-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi Sandy,
Pity about the reflected glare, just from this I can see it is a very fine work and must look terrific IRL. Nice composition, the horses are really well rendered, and you have once again caught the light just so... Great work.

mooz49
09-15-2004, 03:27 AM
It is nearly impossible to get a good photograph with the reflections. I can either see myself taking the pic or the reflection of the camera and whatever is behind me! :crying: .............. having said that your painting looks great ....... well done. :clap: :clap: :clap:

ExpressiveAngie
09-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Light and Shadow :clap:

Eileenjm
09-16-2004, 03:32 AM
Beautiful work. :clap: :clap:

Eileen

piper2
09-17-2004, 02:43 PM
It's charming -- reminds me of an over-exposed photo. Wonderful technique.

sassybird
09-17-2004, 03:30 PM
What a frun painting. I bet the girls had a wonderful time. When I was unable to ride horses anymore my husband offered to get me a little buggy........lol I still may take him up on that. We live in a rural area.

mrs willow
09-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all those compliments on my painting, Marty,Mooz49 (interesting name), Angie, Eileen,Piper, Charissa.
Marty: photo was taken pre- digital and (as usual) I had forgotten to photograph before framing. Too late now as it is sold!
Charissa:Yes! It was a really fun painting to do! I knew the driver quite well and had access to the horses for research. Unfortunately, this business enterpise was of fairly short duration. Don't know why it folded.
Sandy