PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with documented WIPs?

rickymanchester
09-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

I was hoping some peeps would be friendly enough to post some images of your paintings and the stages during it's creation.

Often I find myself haphazardly slapping paint on the canvas and would love to be more structured about the process. How do you all create such wonderful pieces of artwork? Do you follow your own set of stages? and what are they?

Many thanks in advance, and I am looking forward to seeing how you all do it.

Kind Regards

LarrySeiler
09-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Check out my Industry Partner Forum...
been told people think there's quite a bit offered there...
link below...by demo's, helps and wips

take care

larry

champagneharley
09-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi all,

I was hoping some peeps would be friendly enough to post some images of your paintings and the stages during it's creation.

Often I find myself haphazardly slapping paint on the canvas and would love to be more structured about the process. How do you all create such wonderful pieces of artwork? Do you follow your own set of stages? and what are they?

Many thanks in advance, and I am looking forward to seeing how you all do it.

Kind Regards
Several of my threads in here in "acrylics: are WIPs - mainly roses.
Regards,
Jillian

Marty C
09-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Hi Ricky.
Here are some of mine, all acrylic.
Avalon Bay WIP (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203621)
Gold Rose WIP (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173481)
Rock & Wave WIP (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186237)
Hope these help.
Larry's demos, WIPs are terrific, make sure you have a look there.

champagneharley
09-14-2004, 09:26 PM
On the first page here, in acylics at the moment there are at least two WIPs I can see.
Go to each page and run a search using the page search function (Hold down control key, and press 'F' key simultaneously - type in WIP) - and you will find them on each page. The regular search on WIP on wet canvas has SO many, it will not accept a search on just 'WIP'.
Regards,
Jillian

jbitzel
09-15-2004, 07:58 AM
I actually havent had much luck with books. They tend not to help you with the actual strokes and paint mixing so much and they tend to do a step by step where it jumps to drastically for you to see the layers.

rickymanchester
09-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am gonna have fun looking through all your previous (and current) WIPs. It's good for me to learn from other people this way.

Many thanks again

champagneharley
09-15-2004, 07:51 PM
I actually havent had much luck with books. They tend not to help you with the actual strokes and paint mixing so much and they tend to do a step by step where it jumps to drastically for you to see the layers.
I never learnt art, I just do it. Adapting as I feel the need to. Thick strokes when I need them, thin when I need thin, etc.
I guess one fairly easy way to learn at least the 'basics' is to actually WATCH someone doing it - videos would be a good choice.
Regards,
Jillian