PDA

View Full Version : Grandson scratchboard WIP

myorca
09-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Hi gang!

Been some time since I have posted anything. Been extremely busy with galleries as of late and finally have been able to sit down and scratch. This is my grandson Dade on Claybord Black, 8x10. So far it has been all stippled and I am loving the way it is coming out. Will probably do the whole project in this manner but that could change.

As always, comments/crits welcomed!

Mary Woodul
09-14-2004, 02:20 PM
I had a little trouble seeing this but the eyes are great. I went to your website and it is fantastic. I'm going to sound ignorant but I had never seen scratboard art until I came to WC. I don't think anyone does it in Mexico.
It is great work!!! :wink2:

myorca
09-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi Mary,

Yes it is a little hard to make out especially from one monitor to another. After scanning this I had to lighten it 80% to be able to post it. I imagine this will take a couple hundred hours to complete and will post updates as I go along. Each time should be easier to see. :)

Thanks for your wonderful comments on this and the work on my site!!

Bob

lorna12
09-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Hey Bob, you little stinker, you!! :wink2: You beat me to it! I was looking forward to doing this one. Ah well, ya snooze ya lose....so much to do and so little time...that's my problem.

It looks like it's coming along great. I can see that wonderful expression trying to peek through the blackness. Gotta say I love that wee face!

Staying tuned for the next installment. :D

Penny220
09-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh the hours that go into these. It's looking great so far, can't wait for the updates. cute grandson.

Jakeally
09-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Wonderful start Bob :clap:
I always enjoy watching as your creations emerge from the dark ... its magical.

sassybird
09-16-2004, 01:49 PM
I need new glasses so it is hard to see much for me. I do like the eyes, and am looking forward to more updates as you go along.

myorca
09-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Lorna, Sorry about the possible confusion. Was thinking you were going to do this as an experience type thing, this is why I was doing the scratch. Will have an update after this weekend. :)

Thanks Penny!! I am not bias or anything...but he is one heck of a cute kid. LOL with a personality to match.

Jakealley and Sassybird, Thank you! I worked on him another 15 or so hours and he is gradually coming out of the dark.

I am hoping this will open up some portrait commission work as I always get asked if I do "people". This is the first public viewable one I have done.

Bob

Penny220
09-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Jakealley and Sassybird, Thank you! I worked on him another 15 or so hours and he is gradually coming out of the dark. Bob

Sure, but you didn't give us an update. :(

lorna12
09-22-2004, 03:06 AM
"Lorna, Sorry about the possible confusion. Was thinking you were going to do this as an experience type thing, this is why I was doing the scratch."

Bob, I was only teasing....it's your grandson...of course you should do him!! I meant you beat me to a WIP of him...and I wasn't going to do him in scratch. I probably will do his adorable face in some medium, sometime.

In the meantime...how an update???

myorca
09-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Hi Guys,

Havent been able to do much as my dagnabbit hip wont let me sit long enough to scratch. Here is an update. Still been using all stipple on this. Hope you can see whats going on!! :)

Lorna...cant wait to see what you come up with. :)

Bob

lorna12
09-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Looking good...thanks for the closeup...oh, those eyes!

I hope your hip eases up so you can do your thing.