PDA

View Full Version : Rough Sequentials

yeticatcher
09-14-2004, 03:40 AM
I had just a moment to start planning a little of my graphic novel. It's just a glimpse of a bigger novel i wrote that I'm abridging. Man, I must be crazy - a graphic novel - which I really won't be truely sinking my teeth into until later this year. Wish me luck!

-Tom
Here's an html link with larger images (http://trubalcava.com/Rough_Sequentials.html)

designbyjen
09-14-2004, 07:43 AM
these r great! are these your very first sketches of each scene or do you rough them out on other paper first? i ask cuz the poses are 'right on' & flow so nicely.
so how long is this novel looking to be (pgs)?
keep com'in back & show more :cool:
~~~jen

AFM159
09-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Nice work - I look forward to seeing more. Good luck.

I love panel layouts like these, and have often thought that it would make an interesting transition to fine art.

Just Crystal
09-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Wow! These sketches are fantastic. Can't wait to see where they take you! :clap:

yeticatcher
09-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks you guys, I appreciate your kind comments and encouragement!

designbyjen: For this sequence, these are the actual rough sketches that I did and were done basically out of order or at least each panel done on it's own sheet. Then in photoshop I scanned and resized each sketch and composed the panels in a blank file using layers. That way I can concentrate on composition of each panel and the design the layout of the page afterwards.

The written novel is a 325 page double-spaced manuscript, so the real task will be breaking it down in an abridged and manageable length for the grahpic novel version. It will most likely be episodic and/or two or three volumes. Whew, I'm nervous. :eek:

AFM159: I think the romance of this scene would translate into good romance novel cover paintings. :)

CrystalsGot6: Thanks again for the encouragement. I'll have more later this month. :)

coolray
09-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Okay, now I'm jealous!

I wanna do one! I have been writing for nearly six months on a novel, and it is tearing me apart. I would love to make it a graphic novel, since the reason I am doing the novel in the first place, is because of a drawing that I did 6 years or so ago.

I love your movement of the panels. You conveyed the message well without the use of words. Very good.

I too will be waiting to see this come to a finish. I think it will be stunning!

Terry