PDA

View Full Version : Beaded Bras

TheBlueBetween
09-14-2004, 01:53 AM
Was reading about this in the new Quilting Arts mag and thought some of you would be interested as well - not that they are really wearable. They are cool though. And they have a calendar - check out the picture for August - the perfect lampworker's bra, no? LOL.

http://www.wtww.org/

:) Pam

sassybird
09-14-2004, 02:42 AM
This is totally wearable, Pam. I don't know how old you are, but when I was growing up we all wore these, even my mother. They were called halter tops. Ummmmmmm now I am dating myself:D

LLane
09-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Pam.... great site! That August bra is good for me....... on two fronts.... the external flame work....... and then the one more closely aligned with the designer's statement..... that flame from within!!! Hot Flash!!!
You can't truly experience a hot flash like when you are sitting at your torch with the kiln right next to you and THEN have a hot flash!!!! Weeeeeee haaaaaa!!!
Thanks!
Lois

Barrie
09-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Those are so cool!! It'd be a shame to cover them up though! I have a friend who makes beaded bra straps, not nearly as exciting as these though!!!

Beads-Me!
09-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Wow! Aren't those something else!!

Bangs
09-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Takes me back a bit, too.

<singing badly> "When the Moooooooooon is in the seventh Houuuuuuuuse........."

Charlee
09-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Too cool! I love the concept and the spirit behind it. One of the artists, Barbara Blankenship, is a distant cousin of mine. We 'found' each other on a genealogy board looking for Blankenship (my maiden name) ancestors. Thanks for the post!

McDuck
09-14-2004, 01:31 PM
That is very kewl!! If I was skinnier, thinner or something like that :rolleyes: I would wear it everywhere! very pretty adn yes reminds one of a halter type top.

-Mary

Juls
09-14-2004, 08:59 PM
What a great sight!

Those Bras are wonderful...the "got milk" is precious and funny!

Thanks for the link, Pam!

hugs~
~Juls

Trey
09-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Must have that bra!! I wonder if they make it in double D??

Traci

Juls
09-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Must have that bra!! I wonder if they make it in double D??

Traci

:clap:

Was wondering the same thing myself...would take FOREVER to bead a DD. :rolleyes: