PDA

View Full Version : girl with kitten

mim
10-22-2001, 09:24 PM
This is my first time here at WetCanvas. Must say I'm impressed.
Also, new to drawing.

I'd appreciate some help on how to make this look more professional.

Thanks

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2001/drawing_job_10.gif

:)

RuthT
10-23-2001, 08:18 AM
Hi mim, welcome to WC.

I have not done much pen and ink work myself so cannot offer any advice, but just wanted to say that I think this is a lovely drawing. It looks as if it could be an illustration for a book :)

mim
10-23-2001, 11:57 AM
Thanks for you feedback Ruth. I have a dream of leaving my steady teaching job and going into children book illustration. Honestly thogh this picture is based on someone else's I found in a Walter Foster book. Her's was in colored pencil and I decided to try pen and ink. It was really fun.

Thanks again.:)

artdude
10-23-2001, 01:11 PM
WELCOME to WC mim!! Great ink drawing!! It does look like it is unfinished though. Are you still working on this drawing? I think if you put in a bit more line work in the girl's hair (right side) and maybe on the fur of the cat in the area where it's moslty white the drawing will look more complete. Also I can't detect any type of light source in the drawing. That would give you an idea as to where most of your shading should be.
Well that's my 2 cents worth. I'm no expert but thought I would give you my opinion. Thanks for posting. Hope to see more of your inks soon.

PS: Good luck to you in your childrens book illustration dreams :D

mim
10-24-2001, 12:00 AM
Thanks Artdude for your 2 cents worth. Actually it's worth a whole lot more, cause I thought this was finished. After reading your message, I can see where I can improve it alot. Most of the drawing I've learned has been from copying others and I don' t really know much about composition and lighting and all that stuff. So your opinion is most welcomed.

Hope to post some more drawings soon - ink and colored pencil.

Again, thanks for help.

mim:clap: