PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday - Sept 14th Show n Tell - all

Steph'sBeadCorner
09-14-2004, 01:26 AM
Morning!! I haven't posted in awhile and can't believe I may be the first today.. I refreshed my screen about 5 times to be sure.. taking a deep breath.

I've been working on themes for the MU Tigers and wanted something that could be worn casual or dressy - and wanted to use some goldstone. If it's turning brown..I'm getting it too hot yes? (it is encased)

Anyway - I think you can see the goldstone in the middle bead. Silvered ivory, goldstone, black & ivory twistie, ...and I can't think of the other color.. topaz?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2004/34343-tigerbeads2.jpg

have a great day!!

McDuck
09-14-2004, 01:42 AM
Oh Steph that is really cute! I bet you could sell a ton of those down there knowing how fanatic they are!

I have two things to show off, first a bracelet made with my ceramic beads, pink glaze and frit from Toozy-Pat and the Cabin retreat! YeaH :clap: The clasp is a Barrie Edwards original and acutally isnt as green and orange in person more pink :wink2:

Next is another set of pink ceramic beads with Val frit on it on light pink glaze. The same glaze on both sets of beads but different frits. :D

Hope you enjoy! Now show us yours!

-Mary...errrr...McDuck

ps added a pic of black ceramic beads with Val's frits!

Beth Myers
09-14-2004, 01:43 AM
I can see the hard work you've invested in this set. Good Job!! :clap: :clap:
And yes, if it is turning brown, lol, your over cooking.

Beth

OH Mary,
How did you get by me, love that deep rich cranberry color, wow!

Virginia L.
09-14-2004, 01:45 AM
Very nice Steph, look very tigery to me - I would deffinitely try some topaz and maybe even a tiny bit of brown...I have been meaning to try some tigers - maybe soon
Oh, Mary posted while I was waiting for my pictures to pop up - very nice, very pretty beads Mary!!!
I have been playing with my plyers and my dichro again - I sure love how they look, now all I need to do is get better photos....The tab bead is something I love to make, it has goldstone too, but it got lost in the mix....the darker long bead is Ink blue with rainbow dichro, and then a lot of twisting with my handy dandy, plyers - I don't know why I love doing that, but I sure do. The Chardonnay bead with the pattern dichro is probably one of the prettiest beads I have every made - it is so delicate looking - hopefully I can get it captured, so someone will buy it on ebay!!! - Need a car, must sell many beads!!!! - Tired of begging for rides - hopefully with this show I have signed up for at Christmas time. I was all done for the day and then my Zoozie-Kalera's came in the mail - I got the HUGE one, boy it is HUGE!!! Had fun with it, had to try, even though I had burnt myself early, what is a burn, I had a new toy!!!! - Have a GREAT day, pray for everyone in the path of Ivan, pray him down to a nasty little rain cloud!!! - Virginia L.

McDuck
09-14-2004, 01:47 AM
I can see the hard work you've invested in this set. Good Job!! :clap: :clap:
Beth

OH Mary,
How did you get by me, love that deep rich cranberry color, wow!

Why thank you Beth, I dunno, I guess I ducked pass ya! hahahahah :D

-Mary

McDuck
09-14-2004, 01:51 AM
Hi Virginia, and thank you too. I like the first and last beads best! Very pretty!!

-Mary

Beth Myers
09-14-2004, 01:56 AM
Why thank you Beth, I dunno, I guess I ducked pass ya! hahahahah :D

-Mary

YES YOU DID! :wave:
But I'm glad I "caught you". Really enjoy seeing your ceramic work, always so pretty and colorful. You do a great job. ;)
B~~

midniteburner
09-14-2004, 02:01 AM
Hi guys! :wave: I haven't been around much during the past 4 months. :o :crying: Finally getting back to normal.

McDuck: Love the ceramic beads with the frit!

Seph: The beads look great with the goldstone!

Virginia: I always LOVED your Chardoney look!!!!

Here is my simple offering:http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2004/12611-seascrolls1.jpg

Sara

koregon
09-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Oh my what pretties today!!
wow.......... you guys rock!
here is another abstract style set from me...

margaretz
09-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Great stuff tonight already, everyone!!! Haven't had as much time as I normally do for posting; been really busy with school... It's nice to pop in, though!
Steph- The goldstone worked well- a great set! Great job!
Mary- That bracelet looks comfy. I really like it.
Virginia- Your huge pressed Kalera bead is great. I especially like the detail on the left side of the bead. :-)
Sara- Great fritted set!
Kaye- I love the colors you used for this set... works very well with the design you chose. Great job!

Here's two recent pieces... the first was a fun surprise... really just a hodgepodge of tranparents and silver... on a whim added a few streaks of opal yellow, silver again, and then thought I'd made a huge mistake... but this came out of the kiln and I'm happy with it... have a great day, everyone!

BrendaJ
09-14-2004, 02:30 AM
Steph's, very earthy elegant bracelet!

Mary,love the color and style!!!

Virginia, yummy goldstone!

Sara,I could drift away in the cool waters.

Kaye, dear what can I say but I really like them Something different for a change!!!!!!! But I love all your work , girlfriend. O ne day I'm commin to see ya!!!!!!!!!!

Been thinkin' kinda fallish so here is a cat in a pumpkin.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!!!!

BrendaJ
09-14-2004, 02:37 AM
Well darn!!!!! I can't seem to upload with the image uploader OR the manage attachments.

My computer is a slow breather............... ;)

So SORRY :(

CorriDawn
09-14-2004, 02:43 AM
Wow Margaret!! What color red is on that second bead? It is gorgeous! I came to that picture and just stopped.

Corri

Booger
09-14-2004, 06:45 AM
Hello Everyone This Morning!
Beauties galore already. Thank you for posting such lovelies. It seems a shame to this after all the morning pretties, but here goes....

Still on the Day of The Dead Beads. I don't know if the pic will show it, but her eye sockets have a very subtle red glow to them that I like alot. The teeth made me sad, but the neck? The neck made up for it. Thanks for peeking!

Sheryll

dread
09-14-2004, 07:34 AM
I havnt posted in a long while - no torching - summer has been busy - went to Glassstock
Posting my first Boro since Kristan from Redside design helped me with boro at Glassstock - in love with Boro (minor with two concentrators works fine)
and used that olive masher - works pretty neat

going to try and start torching again and posting - I missed posting to WC

sandree
09-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Beautiful work! Margaret...I am in love with your beads. I am partial to organic and abstract beads and yours are really lovely.

Here are a few I have on ebay...ending soon and no bids! Hint, hint!

Sandy

jeffwelsh23462
09-14-2004, 08:15 AM
here's mine for the day.. another halloween set, a halloween mad cow bead pen.

KellyD
09-14-2004, 08:20 AM
Margaret- The second bead...WOW!! That is amazing!
Jeff- Cute Halloween Beads and I love the Mad Cow Pens
Some Christmas beads from me today
Have a great day everyone,
Kelly

rosiescreations
09-14-2004, 08:48 AM
Beautiful Beads Everyone!!

Here are some I made.

I just love raku frit. I love the bead squeeze too.

Raku on sage.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2004/23666-patties_020.jpg

GinaJ
09-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Wonderful beads today!!! Here's mine, Moretti Rubino and amber:

littlecrow1
09-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Amazing Beads Everyone!! :clap:
BOOGER!!! OMG that is FANTASTIC!!!! :clap:

Ive been on a goulish kick lately too...this sad little witch wont have a home though...poor gal has a tiny crack in the back...grrrrrrrr...so its to the scrap pile for her..lol..good practice anyway...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=166539&stc=1

AMR GlassWorks
09-14-2004, 10:24 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: I'm loving everyone's stuff today!!! I have been on the torch a couple of times since coming home and I managed to squeeze these out with this cold I caught! :D Sorry to be a thread piggy!! More chintz and I tried a set on the coral I got from Mike Frantz's "vault" while I was there! :evil: I'm liking that coral!!

Helen Simon
09-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Great beads today, Glassmates! Gina, we're on the same color wave length :) ..Love, Helen

TroyNC
09-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Wow! Sooooo, many pretties today :clap: :clap: :clap:
First picture is my first set of Raku...need to work on getting the colors to pop more.
Second is Ivory, EDP, White & Silver. I was really happy with these.

dread
09-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Wow great stuff today everyone
Like I said I want to get back here on a regular basis now and start posting and noticed quite a few today said the same thing - Guess the summer is sort of an off time for everyone......

Loving all your beads

jujeebeads
09-14-2004, 11:16 AM
I havnt posted in a long while - no torching - summer has been busy - went to Glassstock
Posting my first Boro since Kristan from Redside design helped me with boro at Glassstock - in love with Boro (minor with two concentrators works fine)

Deb~Beautiful boro beads! You picked that right up! I haven't played with boro since then, but Kristan was a great teacher:)

Everyone beads are beautiful, as always!

beadreamer
09-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Beautiful work everyone!

Here are my Halloween creations! I recently took Sharon Peters' class so I'm applying my newly acquired skills... The pumpkins and the cat earrings were made with on a lentil base and then I applied all the decoration...I had so much fun making these... :p

GinaJ
09-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Great beads today, Glassmates! Gina, we're on the same color wave length :) ..Love, Helen

Helen, it's those colors that bring you out of spring, right into fall...so lovely!!

Zooziis
09-14-2004, 01:20 PM
I got some torch time yesterday that was actually productive. I played with the 1" ZooziiLentil and then the Small ZooziiPillows. I'm getting back into the swing of things again!

The Lentils are Dk Brown and "New Violet" from Moretti and the Yellow ochre from Vetrofond.

The Pillows are White Gaffer from Val, with Raku Stringer and Opaque Iris Gold frit. Very Boro-like.

Lisa Jordan
09-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Dread-I figured today was the day to jump back into WC too! Much more time on my hands with the kids back in school.
Beads are all looking great...in particular....Amr- love the pink set, Amy- your pillow set is striking, MargZ- the red is to die for!!
Here are a few I've done lately....
Lisa

!Karen
09-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Dread-I figured today was the day to jump back into WC too! Much more time on my hands with the kids back in school.
Beads are all looking great...in particular....Amr- love the pink set, Amy- your pillow set is striking, MargZ- the red is to die for!!
Here are a few I've done lately....
Lisa

Lisa,

Where have you been! I am so happy to see you posting some beautiful bead pics!

Now get them on eBay!!! :D

Linnea
09-14-2004, 02:50 PM
I love all the beads today, I am going to be a bit of a hog today :wave: I am so happy to be back on the torch.

Linnea
09-14-2004, 02:51 PM
one more :wink2: :wink2:

mhartjen
09-14-2004, 03:49 PM
What an awesome show and tell ... Margaret that red bead is absolutely gorgeous! Kaye ... I love the organic squeezes! Here are two of mine for today.

cindy in madison
09-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Hello to everyone - you may not know this but you have all been inspiring me for a couple of months now. I finally feel like I have something worthy of posting so here it goes. I would love to hear some feed back.

Thanks!
Cindy in Madison
ebay seller name: full_circle_galleria

cindy in madison
09-14-2004, 05:37 PM
let me try to attach my photos again... :confused:

Starleens Studio
09-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Everyone's eye candy is so inspirational!

Here is something from my day's work. Still working on the basics, nothing fancy.

Starleen

Beadsomine
09-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Everyone's work is so awesome! I am thrilled to be a part of this Forum!
I got a new camera and had my 14 yr. old son show me some photoshop tricks, imagine that!
So here goes.....keep in mind that I'm a newbie (torchin' since April, Self taught with a little long distance and online help from my friends)

Beadsomine
09-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Helen, all I can say is wow now that's a bead!!!!!!!!
Many Beady Returns
Kristen

Beadsomine
09-14-2004, 10:40 PM

going to try and start torching again and posting - I missed posting to WC

Olive Masher?
I love olives, can I see it?
Kristen

Beadsomine
09-14-2004, 10:46 PM
I would love to hear some feed back.

Thanks!
Cindy in Madison
ebay seller name: full_circle_galleria

Cindy~ GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Are they etched?

Sorry Guys Now I'm being a thread hog, I'm so close to 50 Tee Hee
And I have nothing else to do because I've got hives and they are preventing me from working, playing at the torch and my beadies, Also I don't get to post much, because I'm always running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! :wink2:
Love you all and hope you can forgive me for being so rude!
Kristen

Virginia L.
09-15-2004, 01:43 AM
let me try to attach my photos again... :confused:

Very, Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry, Beautiful!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: