PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday S&T Sep 14, 2004

McDuck
09-14-2004, 01:23 AM
I bet you will say it's about time I have something finished to show off. I put these in at the tail end of yesterdays show and tell, and decided they are better off here.

1st black glazed ceramic beads with glass frit.

2nd - pink ceramic beads with glass frit bracelet and earrings. This set has already been sold, or one like it that is. And I am using Barries clasp! Might have to order some of those if they go over well!

3rd - the pink MOP flower and beads. They are much prettier inperson, that MOP is a bear to image.

4th - Mask - Tropical Mystery

5th - Star Fish in Tropical Storm

That's it for now.

-Mary

TheBlueBetween
09-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Hi Mary! Love the mask! But then I love masks. I have a whole room full of them - african masks - it's my guest room - kind freaks some people out - you either love them or hate them I guess!

The bracelet is very nice too - I recognized Barrie's clasp! Great job!

The MOP flowers are lovely - I'm sure they are much better in person but they look nice from here! I'm so happy I got my blue ones though!!!

Well, nite nite from me - will check back in the AM to see if any other pretties have been posted.

Andee
09-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Mary - wow! I mean - WOW! Stunning work, I'm especially drawn to the starfish (and the black frit beads)!! Great Barry-clasp, too! :)

Nothing from me, maybe later...

beclectic
09-14-2004, 07:40 AM
Very nice Mary. I like both of those tropical glazes a lot but then blue and green just does it for me.

The bracelet with the Barrie clasp and the matching earrings are beautiful. I like the colors the design, everything. Is that SS tube you used to cover the wire or is that some huge Bali bead? I like the effect whatever it is made out of. You are really doing some great things with frit. Do you have to fire at a higher temprature to get the frit to melt.

LLane
09-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Hey Mary..... it IS all about you girl!! :D :wink2:

Beautiful pieces..... I love the mask too...... (I would love to see Pam's guest room..... making those guests comfortable! :wink2: ) They are all good!

Thanks for showing!
Lois

carebear
09-14-2004, 09:16 AM
mornin all!

mary..i LOVE the pink bracelet earring set....they are just fantastic, and the stars are my second favorite...(it's so hard to choose!) :rolleyes:

I made some bracelets yesterday (again, I apologise for the bad scan) ..the first is lime cats eye bracelet, the second is some bronze iridescent beads - I wish I could get a better scan, as the color is just great! and just in time for fall too!

I was in one of those KISS modes yesterday...sometimes I go back and embellish more, and sometimes I just like the simple stuff..

have a wonderful day!

carrie

McDuck
09-14-2004, 09:38 AM
OOh thank you Pam, I can make the larger wall masks too :wink2: I guess if people dont like being stared at all night they dont stay long for a visit do they? hmm...neat idea! rofl

Thank You Andee and Lois!

Barbara, the tubes are SS acid etched tubes not bali at all. ARent they kewl??? I need to restring it AGAIN as it is not as tight as I wanted it but I needed it together fast to show a customer. Then she wanted that one! rofl. :rolleyes:

OOh Carrie that bronze braclet is divine! I love those silver holed beads!

Okay off to look in the kiln.

-Mary

Bangs
09-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey Mary, love the tubing bracelet.

KISS is often best, too, ya know?

I don't show you many of my bangles, but this turned out to be hugely fun. The beads are all the usual suspects from Connie Fox, but I love the "steel" texture.

Anybody want to name this one for me??? Pretty Please??

Charlee
09-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Oooooh Mary, I love those black beads! Is that the infamous raku frit? Whatever it is, it's gorgeous. Of course, they're all gorgeous, but the black ones really ring my bell. ;)

Carrie, those are lovely - and I really like the bronze one. Cool design!

Whoa, Brenda, I really like that bangle! Pardon my language, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it was TechnoBitch. It's very femme with an attitude. :evil: Hmmm...think Tina Turner in that MadMax Thunderdome movie. I s'pose since I used 'that' word, I should hineycon this post. :angel:

McDuck
09-14-2004, 11:27 AM
I agree with Charlee it is very industrial looking! quite nice in a big way!

LOL

no those are not raku frit, just some ocelot spots. I tried them last night on white, eeeew (insert holdingnose icone here) not nice. So Iwill throw something on top cant hurt it. LOL

-Mary

framerak
09-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Brenda, that bracelet is awesome - very Industrial Revolution-ish!

Mary, I love the bracelet with the Barrie clasp. Very chic! And those starfish are great. I can almost feel the waves breaking on the beach when I look at them.

Carrie, those bracelets aren't simple - they're simply elegant! Very nice indeed.

Still spiraling here in chilly Oregon~
Angela

BlueBuddha
09-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Nice work, everyone! I don't have time to remark on everyone's pieces individually - but they're all so very nice, I had to say something! :)

Bangs
09-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Charlee, funny, I was thinking along the lines of "Techna or Techno" something. Hadn't quite made it to B****, though, LOL!!! I like your reference to Tina Tuna and the Mad Max genre.

Angela, it does feel industrial revolution-ish. Perhaps would appeal to gearhead gals?

I like to give names and stories to the fun pieces, silly me.

Andee
09-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Carrie - lovely bracelets, my fave is the brown one!

Brenda - cool bangle! How to call it? ---> Heavy Metal <--- ;)

TheBlueBetween
09-14-2004, 04:23 PM
great bangle Brenda! Nuts and Bolts maybe? Though I like the names others have given you better.

Carrie I wish I could see the round silver beads better - those are very cool looking! Both bracelets are nice - not too simple at all. Though I do know what you mean - after doing a complicated piece something like that feels like cheating doesn't it? Especially when it just all comes together.

Beads-Me!
09-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Mary - LOVE the mask! And the bangle bracelet is wonderfully big and bold Brenda... Nice job Carrie. :)

tamjai
09-14-2004, 05:51 PM
oh mary I love those black beads!!! - all your pieces are lovely but the black beads are tdf!!
carrie - great choice with those bronze beads
brenda - that bangle is definitely edgy - no name for you tho....

nothing from me today - i am still stuck in square stitch mode......
tam

Bangs
09-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks, guys. Now I have to make one that will fit moi! Although the one pictured isn't as huge as it appears--will fit a 7 inch wrist. I think it's the finish that seems to add some weight to it....

Juls
09-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Mary, that mask is TDF! How big is it??

Carrie, nice bracelets!

Brenda, very cool metalworx! How about Techno Raven?

~Juls

McDuck
09-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Mary, that mask is TDF! How big is it??

Carrie, nice bracelets!

Brenda, very cool metalworx! How about Techno Raven?

~Juls

Hey Juls, it is approx 1" x 2" flat back with or without holes. Thank you!!!

-Mary

Juls
09-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Mary,

are you listing the mask on the Bay? :D

KrisMcAllister
09-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Beautiful jewel's everyone! I have never posted here before so here are a few from me.
Kris

McDuck
09-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Kris, thos e areboth nice, but that turquoise is so cute!

Juls - here is a nothe pic of two different masks I currently have finished. One came out of the kiln this morning. Neither of these have holes in them, but I can make another one tonight which does have holes. Let me know please. :)

-Mary

framerak
09-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Kris, love the necklace but the bracelet is really beauteous! Love the color and the Thai silver. Spectacular! Hope you'll post pics more often because you've given us some great eye candy.

Mary, those masks are incredible! You do great work!!

Angela (who's in a grouchy mood because it's raining and I'm not ready for summer to be over)

KrisMcAllister
09-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Kris, thos e areboth nice, but that turquoise is so cute!

Juls - here is a nothe pic of two different masks I currently have finished. One came out of the kiln this morning. Neither of these have holes in them, but I can make another one tonight which does have holes. Let me know please. :)

-Mary
Mary, Thanks a bunch. I agree with you. I love the turquoise one and its much closer to my style but i needed to use the other color beads for a background of an ad si I strung them in like 5 min. I am planning on re- stringing them and making the entire piece brighter.

Bangs
09-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Kris, I love the bracelet especially, but then I am a bracelet nut anyway!

Mary, I really like the masks!! Great color, too.

Andee
09-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Kris - welcome to the Wearables! Gorgeous pieces you have there, I like the bracelet, but I LOVE the necklace! :clap: