PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Morning on the Lake

JamieWG
09-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Greetings, pastel buddies! I sure did miss my pastels. Dragged them down to the lake this morning for a little plein air fun. 10x13, "Quiet Morning on the Lake", on LaCarte card.

C&C welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Jamie

khourianya
09-13-2004, 04:30 PM
This is quite stunning...makes me wish I could have been painting at the lake instead of bored out of my gourd at work! :p

Einharjar
09-13-2004, 04:38 PM
this piece has a nice harmony to it...i do feel the greens in the absolute foreground could be a little warmer though..just nitpicking - great stuff!
Sam

JamieWG
09-13-2004, 04:39 PM
This is quite stunning...makes me wish I could have been painting at the lake instead of bored out of my gourd at work! :p

Cori, thanks so much for your kind comment. If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to work now and won't be home till late late late, and you're probably all done already, or almost so! :wink2:

Jamie

JamieWG
09-13-2004, 04:43 PM
this piece has a nice harmony to it...i do feel the greens in the absolute foreground could be a little warmer though..just nitpicking - great stuff!
Sam

Sam, many thanks. I think you're right about a few more warm splashes in the foreground. I also think I'll bring a little more foliage over the left rock...just to integrate it a bit more into the scene.

Jamie

Kathryn Wilson
09-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Hi Jamie! Wonderful plein air - make me wish I were there too. I'll bet the change of colors is starting and I miss that so much here in the south. Cool brisk mornings with yellows, reds and purples to greet you -

:clap: :clap: :clap:

K Taylor-Green
09-13-2004, 05:58 PM
What a wonderful scene!! You have created a peaceful place I would love to visit. Great job!!

binkie
09-13-2004, 07:24 PM
It's a lovely painting! Oh, to have a lake like that near enough to paint - I wish! It's so serene.

gwen

Paula Ford
09-13-2004, 09:29 PM
All I can say is I LOVE THIS!!

Paula

JamieWG
09-13-2004, 09:38 PM
(((Kat))), well gee, I wish you were here too! The colors are just starting to turn here....hints of golds and rusts are slowly emerging. I wish I could drag out the process, and make it not get cold so fast!

Kate, thanks so much. Come visit and paint anytime!

Gwen, most of the time I'm lucky to be surrounded by water. But sometimes it's VERY wet indeed! It does come in handy when a painting outing falls through; painting at home is my default location. ;) I only had two hours this morning to paint, so it wasn't enough time to travel somewhere.

Paula, thank you for loving it! You are all very kind.

Jamie

Khadres
09-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Lovely plein air work! It has that spark or whatever it is that makes it breathe. Love it!

EdK
09-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Jamie - wonderful work. Love the depth of the picture and it surely conveys a wet atmosphere. One small nit pic, the reflection of the mast extends into the rock on the bottom. Perhaps it may need to be shortened a little bit. What do you think?

meowmeow
09-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Super job Jamie. You really captured the feeling...I do agree about that mast reflectoin though...at first I thought it was coming out of the rock. But it's just a nitpik and not serious. It's really a wonderful plein air painting.

Sandy

JamieWG
09-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Sandy, Ed and Sooz, many thanks for your remarks. Yep, that mast is on my fix-it list, but thanks for the reminder! :D

'Sure is nice for a change to not have to wait for a painting to dry before heading off to a show! ;)

Jamie

judwal
09-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Very nice painting Jamie. Two thumbs up!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/43597-_thumbUP.gifhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2004/43597-_thumbUP.gif

Dark_Shades
09-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Hiya Jamie...... lovely to see you in the forum and pastelling again...... this indeed looks a serene and quiet scene..... lovely richness of the greens..... can just imagine hearing the water gently lapping

JamieWG
09-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Judy, thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you like the drawing.

(((Dawn))), I miss you! I'm going to have to find more time for pastel work, and still more time to cruise around the pastel forum and see what gorgeous stuff you've all been cranking out. Have you overcome your fear of greens? :D

Jamie

Dark_Shades
09-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Judy, thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you like the drawing.

(((Dawn))), I miss you! I'm going to have to find more time for pastel work, and still more time to cruise around the pastel forum and see what gorgeous stuff you've all been cranking out. Have you overcome your fear of greens? :D

Jamie

lolol Jamie, Im still whinging about Greens :o ...... one day...... one day....