PDA

View Full Version : My Painting - Kitty Wallis Sample Paper

Terry Wynn
09-13-2004, 01:14 PM
I am X-posting this - thanks, Kitty, for the sample. Wonderful fibre/texture. :clap: Will definitely have to have some of your paper.

Here is my little 3 1/2 by 8 inch painting.

Thank you all for your C&C and encouragement.

Terry

K Taylor-Green
09-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Way to go Terry! Great little painting.

Terry Wynn
09-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Thank you, Kate,

I had thought at some point I would do a bigger painting of this scene. I couldn't quite get the thunderhead fully on this little paper. But I am pleased with the stormy feel to the scene and think I'll probably not do a bigger one. I had never done corn plants before! After I posted I wondered...the cut hay part of the paintingi is abstract, the corn part a little more realistic...is it all right to "mismatch" in this manner? I wanted to grasp the feel - not every little detail. I appreciate your insight.

Terry

Kitty Wallis
09-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Hi Terrry, thanks for posting this. You've done a great job on scale, in spite of the miniature size of the paper the image feels spacious.

Is out of focus? I imagine it is since you ask about the way the corn is drawn as opposed to the way the hay is drawn, and I can't see the details of the corn.

Is it possible to send us a bigger shot? more in focus? perhaps a couple of details?

Terry Wynn
09-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Hi, Kitty,

I will try to post a better image this evening. The corn has some detail but not all that much. I wanted "green with yellow things" for the corn but wanted to give that part the symetry that a field plowed planting would have. I just wondered if I was too loose in one part. I will try to get a better image like I said when I get home this evening. I am still experimenting with the settings on my digital camera and the light.

Thanks again for the paper. It was a joy to work on. I hope I can grow enough to feel that I should be painting on it!

Terry

Khadres
09-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Neat painting! Amazing how much vastness you got on that little bit of paper! Don't worry! You're already fully good enough for more of this paper and will grow like crazy using it! I agree....it's a joy to work on!

You've posted this in the special thread in Kitty's forum for ptgs. done on Wallis samples? Can't wait to see them all together! I'm just going to post the first thing I painted on Wallis which I bought...a little 4x6 thingy.

Terry Wynn
09-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Hi Terrry, thanks for posting this. You've done a great job on scale, in spite of the miniature size of the paper the image feels spacious.

Is out of focus? I imagine it is since you ask about the way the corn is drawn as opposed to the way the hay is drawn, and I can't see the details of the corn.

Is it possible to send us a bigger shot? more in focus? perhaps a couple of details?

Kitty, I tried last evening to get a better pic but while I was trying I looked of course at the corn. It's fine...when I thought about it, it wasn't that detailed.

Thanks.

Terry