PDA

View Full Version : Class Still Life

arlene
10-22-2001, 03:29 PM
I was lucky enough to teach a group of talented people last week in Harlan, KY. Many of them are WC members.

Everyone in the class did a still life of fruit, and they came out great!

So folks, time to post...

wshuff
10-22-2001, 08:29 PM
I'm attaching my still life. I have to say that I was pretty amazed that Arlene was able to pack an elephant with her to Kentucky, and even more suprised that it was so compliant as a model.

Ok, I really haven't scanned my fruit yet, but this is the first thing I've worked on after learning from Arlene. I did most of it in the car on Saturday, and I like the way it is going so far. If past history is any indication, I'll get almost done with it, then totally screw up the background.

Fruit to follow...

arlene
10-22-2001, 11:45 PM
it's looking good...i'll tell u they didn't want me to bring the elephant as carryon...can't imagine why...

but seriously, i think another class may be in order, cause i see you're not the only one who thinks they should do the main subject first and if the background works...well...gotta start thinking as an integrated whole...

wshuff
10-24-2001, 11:22 PM
I'm game for another class, come on down! Or maybe we could schedule one in your neck of the woods some day.

I've been working on the background today, so we'll see how it goes. And Vi's fruit is about ready for a posting.

wshuff
10-25-2001, 09:01 AM
Here's an update on Dumbo. I've started the back and foregrounds.

wshuff
10-25-2001, 09:29 AM
As promised, here is Viviana's fruit. She finished it last night.

arlene
10-25-2001, 10:11 AM
Hey Vivi,
That really came out great. You should be proud!

Two minor suggestions...you might want to try lifting a few highlights in the apple and some of the closer grapes...use the tape method to lift, then go in with white and burnish just those highlights.

Either way, make sure you get it framed and hung!

Stacy,
He's looking good, but I'd sure like for you to learn how to work the whole drawing at one time...this way you don't wind up with oops like on the rc cola...

btw: why haven't you posted that? you could get most of the image on a scanner!

see folks? I said it was easy teaching this class!

MissMouse
10-25-2001, 11:34 AM
LOL I would have loved to see try and stuff him in the overhead....

Wow the pictures look great....I hope I can get a class together.

wshuff
10-25-2001, 03:25 PM
Even though the RC picture was small, it was on a very large, oddly shaped piece of paper, so I couldn't get it on the scanner. Then, once I finished, I mounted it on the foam cut-out of the county, so it definitely wouldn't fit. Plus, I don't know where it is now. I left it at the Artist's Attic, but now its gone. I hope that means it is on display at the school. Rosebud did take a few pictures with her digital camera, so I'll post those.

And on my next picture, I'll try to work the whole thing. In fact, I'll try to do it her, with the entire background. CP is slow going, but man, is it relaxing! We each spent about 2 hours working last night, never saying a word except, "Hand me the sharpener...do you have the French Gray 20%?"