PDA

View Full Version : S&T Monday, September 13, 2004

Andee
09-13-2004, 06:57 AM
Hi everybody!

After two unproductive days here's new stuff. First one: My lampwork, faceted glas, Swarowski bicones, green freshwater pearls and seedbeads. Second one: glass beads, Swarowski bicones, freshwater pearls. Maybe more later! :)

Emjay
09-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Here's a piece I did for a charity auction. Centerpiece is PMC (used a piece of old lace for a mold).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Sep-2004/11303-Easter_Seals_donation_04__3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Sep-2004/11303-PMC_focal_piece_9-04___1.jpg

beclectic
09-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Andee - lovely pearl combo as usual and I like your lampwork focal. The other necklace with the rectangular beads is very pretty. I like that shape strung with small beads between. It is simple and easy to wear. What kind of glass are the rectangular beads? I couldn't really tell from the picture.

Jean - what a great idea for a focal piece. That PMC is just great stuff. I have to get some to play with. The other beads set it off so well.

McDuck
09-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Andee - I love that green one. Your lampwork bead is very pretty!

Jean - what a kewl idea! I hope they loved the necklace!

_mary...things to come later...

Andee
09-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Thanks, Barbara and Mary! :)

Jean - wow, I love the necklace, and your centerpiece! :clap:

Barbara - what type of glass? I really don't know, they're "Böhmische Glasperlen". I alternated etched and shiny ones...

Here's another one - I love this chaotic stringing of small beads...

Andee
09-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Soz, it was too late to edit my last posting - I just decided to add dangles to the necklace, so here's the new version:

TheBlueBetween
09-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Jean ! it's great! I love looking at all the PMC here lately - it will definitely get me to pull mine out and try it.

Andee! All great http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Sep-2004/27814-faintthud.gif but I love the last one, especially with the dangles!

This is all I have - a fun day at the torch yesterday - nothing great but lots of firsts - first pumpkins, first face (it cracked) first twisties, first whatever it is those little glass flowers you put in... love the colors in the big ones :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Sep-2004/27814-1kilntoday.jpg

Andee
09-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Pam - hey, where does that thuddy-icon come from? :wave: Great stuff for firsties, I especially like the pumpkins and the big one that looks as if you set leaves on it (4th from the left), and do you by any chance mean mille fiori? ;)

MadameKali
09-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Andee!! I love all of your necklaces, but especially that second one from your first post. Wow!! I dig it. ;)

Pam, bead making looks fun... :) I like the third one over, very pretty!

Very nice piece, Em! I thought that lace focal was a hand for a minute. :D One of those really ornate buddhist ones.

Nothing from me, of course--moving is sucking the marrow out of my bones!

framerak
09-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Andee, beautiful work on the necklaces, but the one with the dangles is drop-dead gorgeous. Love the colors and variety in it.

Jean, how clever of you to use lace as a mold! It's really beauteous!

Pam, love the effect of the frit! I remember when I first started buying lampwork beads, I liked all of them to be neat & clean looking, very regimented. Now, I'm in love with the unconstructed raku look and feel more comfortable using those in my designs. I think they unleash creativity or something...

Finished the spiral part of my necklace, now just need to do some stringing. I'm LOVING that spiral technique; planning to start another one this afternoon.

Angela

McDuck
09-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Oh Andee I like that necklace and it works both ways!

PAm, I am jealous! you been having fun making glass beadies!! My torch sits still :crying:

As for me, here is the pink flower set. Cant photo it. The MOP just makes it look like yuck :( have to work on teh lighting more when I have time :rolleyes:

Then a bracelet/earring set with some pinkceramic / pink frit skipping stone beads. And it already sold! Well actually I have to make a similar one. This one is using one of barries wonderful puzzle clasps. ANd it stays on VERY well! I wore it :D

-Mary

Barrie
09-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Oh Andee I like that necklace and it works both ways!

PAm, I am jealous! you been having fun making glass beadies!! My torch sits still :crying:

As for me, here is the pink flower set. Cant photo it. The MOP just makes it look like yuck :( have to work on teh lighting more when I have time :rolleyes:

Then a bracelet/earring set with some pinkceramic / pink frit skipping stone beads. And it already sold! Well actually I have to make a similar one. This one is using one of barries wonderful puzzle clasps. ANd it stays on VERY well! I wore it :D

-Mary

Mary! Wow!!! I love what you did with that clasp!!! GORGEOUS bracelet!!! And I can see the shimmer of the MOP finish on the pink beads, they're so pretty!!! Can't wait to see 'em in person! :)

beclectic
09-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Thanks, Barbara and Mary! :)

Jean - wow, I love the necklace, and your centerpiece! :clap:

Barbara - what type of glass? I really don't know, they're "Böhmische Glasperlen". I alternated etched and shiny ones...

Here's another one - I love this chaotic stringing of small beads...

In English that would be Bohemian Glass, and then I think the translation is Pearls, but we only call the things from oysters (or clams) or their glass copies pearls. Maybe the translation I'm looking for is pearlescent, which means with a pearl like lustre.

I like the chaotic stringing too and the dangles you added to the necklace with the leaf just really looks good.

Andee
09-14-2004, 07:57 AM
In English that would be Bohemian Glass, and then I think the translation is Pearls, but we only call the things from oysters (or clams) or their glass copies pearls. Maybe the translation I'm looking for is pearlescent, which means with a pearl like lustre.

Barbara - right, duh to me, of course I know that term... But no, I wouldn't say pearls, I know in English these are called beads... But these Bohemian glass beads don't have any lustre, so I'm kinda lost here... Anyway, thanks! :)

beclectic
09-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Barbara - right, duh to me, of course I know that term... But no, I wouldn't say pearls, I know in English these are called beads... But these Bohemian glass beads don't have any lustre, so I'm kinda lost here... Anyway, thanks! :)

I just looked up a translation of perlen and it said beads or pearlies. I imagine that this German word for bead was derived from the word for pearls. I though Drücken was the word for bead. Shows how much I know. :)

Andee
09-14-2004, 08:21 AM
I just looked up a translation of perlen and it said beads or pearlies. I imagine that this German word for bead was derived from the word for pearls.

Or maybe it was the other way around? ;)

I though Drücken was the word for bead. Shows how much I know. :)

I can imagine where you got that from - there are such things as "Druckperlen" in German, which means pressed beads, and "drücken" comes from "Druck"... Funny, tho! :)

beclectic
09-14-2004, 09:08 AM
Or maybe it was the other way around? ;)
Hmmm... possible but I would think that pearls came before glass beads but maybe not before clay or bone beads so I guess either is possible. The evolution of words has always interested me.

I can imagine where you got that from - there are such things as "Druckperlen" in German, which means pressed beads, and "drücken" comes from "Druck"... Funny, tho! :) :o That is funny! :o