PDA

View Full Version : WEEKLY SKETCH THREAD Sept.13-19, '04

prestonsega
09-13-2004, 02:15 AM
WELCOME to the Weekly Sketch thread!

This is open to everyone working in pastels, soft and oil. Here we can have all the fun of painting without any of the worry! Think of this as the experimental learning thread also...One hour is not a whole lot of time to learn something that could impact your art for a lifetime!

Post anything you've done during the week which took you under one hour....exercises, doodles, or complete paintings...in any style. Experiment, break the rules, or sharpen your present skills by working within a set time frame. You probably haven't had a chance to properly evaluate you work, much less be ready to receive a critique, but if you desire suggestions from other members, just ask.

Try to keep your sketch time under 60 minutes, but if you go overtime, post your work anyway. Losing track of time while working is a sign that you're having FUN while you work.

Enjoy the week, and share part of your life with us through sketching!!

Khadres
09-14-2004, 01:55 AM
Hold onto your hat! Mikki and I just might manage to get some pastelling in tomorrow, with any luck at all! Assuming we do, we'll maybe have something for the thread...unless it turns out so beautiful and breathtaking that we need a whole separate debut in the Soft Pastel subforum. :D

prestonsega
09-14-2004, 02:43 AM
Hold onto your hat! Mikki and I just might manage to get some pastelling in tomorrow, with any luck at all! Assuming we do, we'll maybe have something for the thread...unless it turns out so beautiful and breathtaking that we need a whole separate debut in the Soft Pastel subforum. :D

Sooz I would love nothing better than for you to be the first submision in this thread this week..and it can always get its own thread......you've inspired so many of us that its our turn to be your cheerleader,,,You too Mikki!!!!! I introduced all of you to my sister tody...she is grateful that I have such great friends all over the world since her life won't let her take up as much time taking care of dad these days......kind of relieved her guilt thinking that I was alone over here...( what a joke...I have more friends now than I ever have before! I am truly a blessed person.

OK get those new pastels dirty!!! :D :D

Khadres
09-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Shows how much your sister knows, Preston! You're a mainstay around here and have more friends (even if some of 'em ARE online types) than you can shake a stick at! After all, it's not how many people you SEE everyday that matters, it's how many folks you touch with your encouragement and insight!

So glad to hear about the art group you're pulling together...artists do need the company of other artists and can be such a help when you need someone who "understands" what you're doing. Six people sounds great to me! More than that on the first meeting might've created chaos. Now you have a consensus of core people to move forward with! Did you decide what you'll call the group?

Don't worry, I still have all my gear packed in the car and I WILL accomplish something....just not sure what or how good yet! Mikki's itching to get dusty again too...like she says, the trip's been fun, but she's kinda pining for her own studio again, too. She's got more source photos than Kodak Co., not to mention her own mental memories, so we should see tons of work from her very soon, as well!

I think the guys thought we were idiots yesterday as we wandered around the Garden of the Gods and ooohhhed and ahhhhhed over little dry banks of wildflowers and twisted pinon pines while the whole geological splendor of the part loomed around us, but she and I both tend to like the little quiet corners others don't often notice. So no tellin' WHAT we'll paint...it'll just have to be a surprise!

prestonsega
09-14-2004, 05:41 PM
"think the guys thought we were idiots yesterday as we wandered around the Garden of the Gods"

Yesterday I was so tired of the rain that I decided to take some puddle reflections...got some neat red fire hydrants and stop signs in all the drear of a rainy day.....not sure if I'll paint them...but was fun..nearly got hit by a car...they slowly pulled up to me and I didn't hear them....they thought it was funny...guess my expression said it all .."Oh s****t!"

My sister read the thread with the portrait of her lost son yesteday and we had a healthy cry....I am dedicating the show to his memory with his unfinished portrait prominately displayed.

I am still waiting for you to be # 1 this week! :evil:

Khadres
09-14-2004, 09:32 PM
I still have good intentions even tho my painting session with Mikki got derailed! Promise! I may not be FIRST, but I WILL put something in here this very week! I mentioned the Paint 100 challenge idea in the scumble thread...and I think I'll do it even if no one else wants to, so I'll be working on my #1....

Replied to the intro from your student just a bit ago...how nice to see him here and I know he'll really enjoy the forum a lot!

Excellent idea about dedicating your show to your nephew. I'm getting almost as excited about your show as you are!

I also seriously need to check out the status of my newsprint paper pad and charcoal collection for the class Thurs. nite.... Just hope I don't get cold feet! :eek:

prestonsega
09-16-2004, 04:34 AM
OK..it;s Thursday and no one has sketched????hmmm..well I decided to showo that it ain;t that hard so I took wips while working tonight. The ref pic was taken the other day when I was getting cabin fever and decided if couldn't take shadow pics,,,I would find puddle pics,,,,Here they we go. 9"x 12" on Wallis gray

ref pic

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/29946-patpicfenrefl.jpg

5 min.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/29946-demo1.jpg

30 min.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/29946-demo2.jpg

1 hour

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/29946-finished-demo.jpg

and of course you can see that it isn't what I would call a framable saleable work of art ,,,,but I can be if I choose to,,,,,,,,the hardest part was stopping to take pics and then remembering where I was! I do want C&C because I think this sketch is worthy of taking to completion....for one thing it isn't bright enough for my taste even thoughh it was an over cast day.

NEXT????? :)

Kathryn Wilson
09-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Ooooh, Preston, I like those puddles! The reflections are super - maybe you'll get to do more puddles after today. Keep well and stay safe - not knowing where you are in Georgia, but Ivan is headed into Georgia today.

dexonsbabe
09-16-2004, 09:13 AM
I love the puddles in this but for me the reflected red sign is too bright and takes my eye away from the actual puddles.........but what do I know lol :D

Khadres
09-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Well, this is all I've got ready this week, so far...it kinda fits with our puddles, I think. It's actually just the first hour plus a little of a 12X18ish painting I intend to finish soon. A mishmash of photo refs from the rocky coast of England somewhere, tho I failed to note the exact location on the photos. I liked the idea of the low tide rocks and pools. I'll likely post the finished painting in the new Goal Posts thread when I get it started.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/34895-firsthour.jpg

If it looks a tad blurry....that's cause it IS kinda....lol

Kathryn Wilson
09-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Nice one Sooz! Even tho it's part of a larger painting, it could stand on its own. :clap:

Khadres
09-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks, Kat! This is pretty much the whole painting, just not done yet. I'm having fun with this one and am using nothing but Polychromos and Blockx pastels this time. Figured since I have 'em, might as well dig 'em out and put 'em to use! Love the Blockx for the soft parts and the Polys for the finer points. I still have lots of puttering to do with the reflections, horizon and so forth, but this is kinda what they mean by the "ugly" stage, I guess...the fun part's next!

prestonsega
09-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Yeah!!! :clap: You have made my day..and with such a great painting :clap: ...nice complimentary color combo setting quite a mood.......See...I know the new goal thread would go hand in hand with this one!!!..YOu done good girl!

Khadres
09-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks, Preston. If anything, I hope the Goals thread ENHANCES the use of this one! There will definitely be times when we do a quick sketch or study that we don't intend as a part of our goal total but will enjoy posting just the same. Plus, the Sketch thread needs to remain open for all those who don't participate in the Goals project. Who knows, we may be onto something! This coming year may be one of spectacular growth for all of us! You're well on your way already! I love the puddles sketches! You're so bold with your colors, too, and yet each and every one is spot on perfect. Peeking into your sketch book is always a treat!

bnoonan
09-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Wow - there may only be two sketch postings this week but it's quality in this case that rules. I love the puddle paintings and your palette of colors are just the best Preston.

SOOZ!!! Hurrah! wow - how is it that you pulled that beauty off in such a short period of time? It's fantastic and I'm thinking you have got to more of these. I love the subtle color and the way you are just walked into the painting with all those puddles.

Fabulous.

Well - now I feel compelled to do something - but only when the subject matter and spirit moves me.

Barb

llis
09-16-2004, 10:14 PM
From what was my geranimums on the porch yesterday before the storms today... lucky me, I still have electricity.... much of my town is without power because of Ivan.

Pastel sketch little over one hour.... 9x12 wish I could figure out what to do at the bottom to make it look better... I like the top shadows.

I know weekly sketches would help me in more ways than one! Thanks for doing this Preston. We appreciate you. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/11-redones.jpg

Kathryn Wilson
09-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi llis! Glad to see you alive and well - ol' Ivan the Terrible is headed our way.

I like this a lot - and I agree I like the shadows at the top the best.

llis
09-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks Kat... do stay safe. Don't get out and drive on the roads... stay inside and paint!

prestonsega
09-17-2004, 01:11 AM
Phyllis...I literally studied this after rolling my tounge back in and tried to find fault........but I failed...this is so refresshing to look at after the weather we have experienced lately...ok,,,now you must tell all..I have been unable to find a lavender that sweeps me off my feet...I know it has to do with the color it is next to,,but would you mind shareing brand name of this blue/lavender shadow? I just rec'd a sampler of purples from Dakota today and haven't had time as of yet to play with them . You are quite fast at producing high quality work.....would you say that comes from your plein air experience???? I must say I am already looking forward to getting back outdoors when the humidity drops and the winds stop.

emmachester
09-17-2004, 02:26 AM
There are so many good pictures here, where to begin? Sooz--I love your seashore painting. I can't believe that took only an hour. It looks completely done to me. Phyllis--gorgeous geraniums. I think they are hard flower to paint. Preston--you have a great sense of composition. I think you could tweak it and make it saleable.

Good work everyone.

Sherry

prestonsega
09-17-2004, 02:37 AM
Sherry..I think I will take your advice and make it a bona fide painting.....and you're right about the great others here too....Don't forget,,you still have 3 days to get yours posted :D

I thank you for stopping by!

Khadres
09-17-2004, 09:57 AM
First off, my ebbtide painting looks WAY better on screen than in real life at this point...it's just really sketched in good, so far...lotsa work left to do. I also think it's gone as fast as it has because I had already sorta planned it out in a hard pastel "sketch" on (don't gasp!) CANSON awhile back. That really does help, although I'm usually too lazy to do it.

Ilis, I love those geraniums...I hope the poor things didn't meet their demise when Ivan came calling! Hasn't this been a YEAR for storms??? Good luck on keeping the lights on!

llis
09-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Phyllis...I literally studied this after rolling my tounge back in and tried to find fault........but I failed...this is so refresshing to look at after the weather we have experienced lately...ok,,,now you must tell all..I have been unable to find a lavender that sweeps me off my feet...I know it has to do with the color it is next to,,but would you mind shareing brand name of this blue/lavender shadow? I just rec'd a sampler of purples from Dakota today and haven't had time as of yet to play with them . You are quite fast at producing high quality work.....would you say that comes from your plein air experience???? I must say I am already looking forward to getting back outdoors when the humidity drops and the winds stop.

Thanks for your comments Preston...but really there is lots of things to correct on this.... and I just don't know how... but each work I do, I think I get closer.

About the blue/lavender shadow... well, I'm sure it is from translation into a digital image that the colors shift. Looking at my original work and looking at this digital image doesn't half way meet the actual color of my work. I try to tweak the colors using photoshop, but all of us have to remember that each monitor that our images are seen on shows a color shift according to the individual monitor settings. My monitor is dying a slow death.... it's fading and I know it. I have new laptop and when I log on to it, the color of everything is bright and soooo different. If I try to get the color right using either monitor... I still fail.

I could send you a color sample via snail mail. If you want that, just let me know... but I bet you would find you have the same color as I.... or close to it. I've made some of my colors myself using dry pigments.... and I think I have at least one of every manufacturer out there. The papers are mostly gone and I can only guess by feel and shape. Bottom line... I suspect the blue lavendar is a schmincke 17057073H2 because I looked on my handmade color chart of all the schmincke colors I have and that one comes the closest to being what I used. The value ranges out from there are 077M1 and 07901 . Hope that helps a bit.

About me working fast... yes, I do and have always worked fast. It's because I have no fear. It's only paper or canvas after all and I have no need to niggle with detail. I wish I did... I think my work would be better for it. Sometimes you can't even tell what I'm trying to paint! LOL

Deborah Secor
09-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Okay, I have some paintings to post here but the sun needs to get over the hill before I can shoot good photos for you.

Meanwhile I have to say that I'm really impressed with your painting, Sooz. I can see that you need to do more work on it, but this shot makes it look very cohesive. Take the best of that massing and make it work for you, if you know what I mean!

Preston, the reflection painting is quite interesting. I was telling my husband that you went out amid the continuing rain and accompanying lulls to shoot puddle shots, 'cause that's what you had to work with! We agree that you're very resourceful and determined! (necessity being the mother...etc.) I also had fun looking over your progress shots--interesting how the massing in yours stayed true to the start... (I'm thinking a lot about massing tones recently, hence these comments. Handell taught me a lot about that. I need to review it, I think!)

And Llis! I love the geraniums!! I agree that the shadows are the star, so maybe you should lean on the color of the ones hit more directly by the sun. The purple amid the bottom ones confuses me--I think they'd be set against dark leaves--and maybe the bottom blossom could go off the paper, as well as the ones on the right side. Trust me, this is fresh and bold and strong, so ignore my comments if you want to! :D

Okay, I'll see if I can get some photos...back later.

Deborah

bnoonan
09-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Wow -Ilis those geraniums are really wonderful. I agree with Preston - I think the entire piece is a success and the bottom doesn't bother me at all. Well done and the lavender shadows are grande.

Be careful all of you in hurricane land... I can't say I envy you at all.

Dee - get posting - I want to see what you've done.

Sooz - you underestimate your abilities. That painting is fabulous!!

barb

Deborah Secor
09-17-2004, 01:38 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2004/23609-1ptg.jpg
#1, paper toned bright yellow

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2004/23609-2ptg.jpg
#2, paper toned dark red-violet.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2004/23609-3ptg.jpg
#3, paper toned bright red-orange.

Each is 6x9", Wallis paper. All three were painted using the same photograph in about 35 minutes, though each one was approached individually.

Deborah

Khadres
09-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Wow! These just GLOW! Can't decide which I like best! Taking your classes has to be a real treat! Lucky ducks! These are so free and impressionistic too...speed becomes you! :D

llis
09-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Dee! I love your sketches on the colored background. :) Thanks for suggestions to with my geraniums. I've worked on it a bit... so I think before I completely destroy it, I might better quit and move on to the next sketch. Thanks for helping me everyone.

Original Sketch.... http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2004/11-redones.jpg

Finished Sketch... I promise.. she said as she slowly took out another pastel from her box and began to work again.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2004/11-pastel1.jpg

Accck... do y'all see what a time I have with getting my image colors to be right? sorry.... wish I could get it right.

llis
09-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Okay... can I still post to this thread if I sketch on the same sketch three days in a row?

I'm finished... really... no more for me.... Now to crop and get this behind glass before I change my mind again. Any Crop Suggestions?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2004/11-geraniums33.jpg

Khadres
09-17-2004, 05:14 PM
I think it's lucsious the way it is, Ilis! GO for it and SELL that puppy for big bucks! :D Geraniums always mean summer to me somehow. This should light up someone's home when old man Winter sets in just beautifully.

prestonsega
09-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Dee...these are rich!!!! While all 3 are outstanding, I knew right off which toned background I liked best...the maroon violet.....I'm guessing it's because it shows the golden yellow foilage of the tree to be more brilliant.......I like the loose style in which you painted these too....

Phyllis....well,,Dee proved me wrong...I guess there was some way to make the best even better. I haven't been to the forum yet, but this certainly deserves a thread of its own.

P.S. I doubt the WC police will cite you for posting here 3 times... :D

khourianya
09-17-2004, 08:59 PM
His name is Angry Red Boy...

only took me about 45 min and I am pretty moody today so the angry is more me than him...but I figured that I wanted to post something this week in the sketch thread and here he is...

I might do some more work on him, but probably no more than 10 min worth...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2004/47843-cori_redboy.jpg

btw - he's my first portrait ever...I've tried to sketch people before, but I always mess up their noses...I'm actually not unhappy about his...I guess that's progress, right

prestonsega
09-17-2004, 09:26 PM
the angry is more me than him...

LOL...I looked at your sketch before reading your post and I thought to myself," He' s not angry..he just looks inquisitive."....lol

You've given him quite an expressive look,,I guess its his eyes along with the tilt of the head. The large white sclera in this otherwise monochromatic work really reach out to the viewer as if to speak!

Glad you made it here this week....and don't forget,,,you are NOT limited to just one sketch per week,,,,so please be a regular! :clap:

(did you work from a reference image or out of your head????)

khourianya
09-17-2004, 10:27 PM
(did you work from a reference image or out of your head????)

A little of both. I had a picture on a stock photo CD that I liked and I remembered a National geographic cover from a few years ago where it was a boy whose face was painted red...The pose in the photo, reminded me of the cover so I made the skin red. I should track down that issue again and see how close my memory was...

..and if I get a chance I'll post a couple more sketches...I expect I'll post more in the coming weeks...

Khadres
09-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Nice portrait, Cori! Tons better than anything I've ever done! Good nose, too! Is this going in your goal portfolio? hint hint

Khadres
09-18-2004, 02:02 AM
Preston, I tried to PM ya, but yer mailbox is overflowing again apparently! That's what ya get for bein' so darned popular! Anyway, yes, it was me that was wondering about that set of purples from Dakota...did you get yours?

khourianya
09-18-2004, 02:03 AM
Nice portrait, Cori! Tons better than anything I've ever done! Good nose, too! Is this going in your goal portfolio? hint hint

lol..now that you mention it...one sec... (* and so, Cori quickly exits the Weekly Sketch thread and runs right over to goals with angry red Boy tucked under arm...*

prestonsega
09-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Preston, I tried to PM ya, but yer mailbox is overflowing again apparently! That's what ya get for bein' so darned popular! Anyway, yes, it was me that was wondering about that set of purples from Dakota...did you get yours?

No, not popular,,,,just lazy!!! sorry about that I'll clean up today. What I was going go say was don't waste your money....Unison, Schmincke, are the best (surprise, surprise :rolleyes: ) with Mour Vision coming in 3rd.....I have never used Diane Townsend, and not sure if I just got a bad one, but it was hard as a rock.....scored the paper

Khadres
09-18-2004, 02:11 PM
No, not popular,,,,just lazy!!! sorry about that I'll clean up today. What I was going go say was don't waste your money....Unison, Schmincke, are the best (surprise, surprise :rolleyes: ) with Mour Vision coming in 3rd.....I have never used Diane Townsend, and not sure if I just got a bad one, but it was hard as a rock.....scored the paper

Yikes, thanks for the warning! They only sent you FOUR? Well, shoot, I'll save me money then, cause I already have the Uni's and Schminckes...I don't think the Mount Visions are worth the price alone. Pooh.

Deborah Secor
09-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Preston, what kind of Townsend did you get? The terrages have pumice added to them, so if you lay them on virgin paper they can score it. Over other layers of pastel they can be marvelous! They cut down through the others, making a bold stroke. She also makes soft pastels, which feel fairly gritty to me--but I like them a lot. Her darks are some of my 'can't do without' colors (dark green, 55D, soft pastel, in particular.)

Deborah

CarlyHardy
09-18-2004, 06:58 PM
I don't often do a sketch, but this week I had an interview in the park where I paint plein air and with the photographer talking to me...and then the reporter asking questions, this is all I accomplished in the way of painting. About an hour. Haven't been back to finish it because of the stormy weather, but I will one of these days :)

Full sheet of Art Spectrum with NuPastels

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Sep-2004/250-091404lenoraparkstart.jpg

prestonsega
09-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Sooz lol...no ..sorry for the misunderstanding,.....there were 12 in the assortment ...each from a different manufacturer......I was just giving my review of them...I used each of them in a painting , (can't post ...my USB cord is severed ) Those were the top 3 in my oppinion....

Dee.....the label reads.... Diane Townsend.... Artist's Pastel........Soft Form
# 420 It is so hard that I can barely get the pigment on my hands by scrubbing it...I am telling you it is almost as hard as Nu Pastels

prestonsega
09-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Carly....If you are like me, I can hear and retain everything that is said to me while painting, but can't reply....it is weird how that works....so it must have really been a challenge to paint while being interviewed!

When I first saw this I was reminded of the works of Villon and the cubists because of the broad strokes you used. Looks like from the weather report we down here in GA are finally going to have some sunny days,,so no excuse not to finish it :D (Are you as tired of the rain as I am?)

Thanks for sharing this large plein air with us!

bnoonan
09-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Carly - great sketch - love the colors and sense of movement you get with the chopped and blocked strokes on the tree and that lovely color brilliance to ground the piece. Outstanding - hope you work on this more and/or another like it.

Dee - Great exercises working on all different color backgrounds. It's interesting too to note how much looser you got after the first piece - providing you posted them in the order of painting them.

Cori - well it's moody and brilliant and bold. I'd be curious to see if you are going to do more on this or not.

Well in keeping with the shoe portraits... this was done in an hour and will obviously need some corrections to it in the lower shoe especially.

"Bowling anyone"

Oh and Preston - I have one of Diane Townsends - a deep red earth tone that is rich and scrapes and digs into the paper. Not impressed - but I also have a GOLD or Copper one - I forget - with metal in it so I hope to play with that sometime too.

Barb

Khadres
09-18-2004, 08:03 PM
LOVELY sketch, Carly! When you finish it be sure and post it!

Barb, you know what? Keep going with these shoes, and I'll betcha you could sell the series to Nike or Adidas or whatever for their corporate offices! Art with a shoe theme! Not very common and certainly not done this well! Love it and I woulda bet you a mint before you started that I'd HATE 'em....here I am, a convert! But then I don't know many people who can make me admire a painting of a toilet brush, either! :D

khourianya
09-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Cori - well it's moody and brilliant and bold. I'd be curious to see if you are going to do more on this or not.

Thanks...I did post an update on the little bit of work I did on it...it's in the goals thread. All I really did was soften the lighter parts of his lips and ears. I think they look a bit more realistic now..well, identifiable at least... :D

bnoonan
09-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Cori - I'll take a look.

Sooz - you know that toilet brush is going to get me rich some day!!!

B

prestonsega
09-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Barb...I thought I had responded to your bowling shoes,,,,sorry guess I typed the message and failed to submit,,,,,,

These are neato.....your work can have such a witty appeal...and anyone who has ever bowled can identify with the dreaded rented bowling shoes. :eek: ...seriously,,haven't you all wondered who wore them before you???? Not to mention they are such fashion statements! lol

Thanks for submitting this week!

bnoonan
09-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks Preston - they had a slight revision with a background color change and now are matted and framed for the next show.

How's your preparation coming?
b

prestonsega
09-20-2004, 02:25 PM
How's your preparation coming?
b

I am getting to the "keep it simple" stage.. :( ...there is just so much one person can do....meeting with someone today who has asked to help. She is also the one who has offered me a teaching studio space for free for teaching her son.......she's very civic minded, young. rich and wild....i'll let you know how that goes.

bnoonan
09-20-2004, 02:36 PM
I am getting to the "keep it simple" stage.. :( ...there is just so much one person can do....meeting with someone today who has asked to help. She is also the one who has offered me a teaching studio space for free for teaching her son.......she's very civic minded, young. rich and wild....i'll let you know how that goes.

Outstanding on the offer for free space and the opportunity to teach. I am told that teaching is the best way to learn yourself and this is really going to provide yet another huge growing step for you. YOu've done it before I know - so it can only be old hat.

Best of luck and I agree KISS is the motto that seems to win out on most things.

Barb