PDA

View Full Version : Monday 13th morning spotlight

Amozoo
09-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Hay am I the only one up?? Here's something I just figured out how to photograph inside at night,

SonyaHusko
09-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Love those colors! The photography is good too.

We finally got some torch time (it's been a busy summer). Here are a few boro beads. In the charm set, the two focals are by Chris. The rest of the beads are mine.

koregon
09-13-2004, 01:35 AM
Nice Beads you guys!
Nice to see you posting again Amoret
Sonya...yummy!

travelin'gal
09-13-2004, 01:44 AM
HI all,
Cool color combos..

Here are a couple of mine
Deanna

Josie
09-13-2004, 02:49 AM
Beautimous everyone!
Here's some more frit tabs with a touch of raku too.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Sep-2004/13004-MVC-007F.JPG

Tracey

Toxey's Treasures
09-13-2004, 03:13 AM
Amozoo-nice colors
addicted2beads-I'm loving boro beads!
Kaye- I like seeing your work going in a different direction. Very pretty
Deanna-way cool beads!!
Tracy-lovely organics

Hopefully next week I will have some to put on here.

Lori Peterson
09-13-2004, 03:42 AM
Mine have a little story....

When I was at the Gathering, I met Nicole Valentine (Nicker) and she gave me some beads she had made that were in my FAVORITE color combo in the whole world (Purple and orange - actually coral but you know what I mean) Anyway, she was such a sweetie and sent me ANOTHER set of these lovely beads a while ago and I just loved them so much I went out to the torch and couldn't stop myself from making some the same, only different.

Anyway, THANK YOU NICOLE!!!! Here's a photo of all the beads together. I think Nicole is pretty inspirational. And what a woman!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Sep-2004/12192-squeezednickers.jpg

daffodildeb
09-13-2004, 06:16 AM
Kaye, I love these beads--every one is unique in color combo and pattern! Have you ever etched? I'll bet these would look awesome that way. Tell you what--send some this way and I'll experiment. No guarantee of return, though... :evil:

KellyD
09-13-2004, 07:30 AM
Amoret- That's a cool focal!
Sonya- I really like the colors in the boro
Kaye- That's a really nice color combo
Deanna- nice focal!
Tracy- Wow! Those tabs are lovely
Lori- Those colors are great together, around here they would be known as Clemson Tiger colors!

Here's mine for the day. I made my Day at the Beach using pastels this time. These are mostly colors I have mixed myself, I think the only "normal" colors are pink and the white.
Kelly

jeffwelsh23462
09-13-2004, 08:13 AM
hi everyone. hope everyone has a good week! here's my stuff for the day...first is a blue dichroic ring, the next 4 are cat pendnat, hand etched chinese "evil" symbol pendant,and then a red fireworx and purple fireworx pendants :wave:

daffodildeb
09-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Jeff, what kind of glass is this? Not to be too nosy, but how do you make the loop?

GinaJ
09-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Happy Monday everyone, here's some from me:

KathyB
09-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Really lovely things here today!
* squeezed nickers*- cute name! :D

Here's my stuff. I've been working with a friend that does KUMIHIMO, a Japaneese braiding technique. Goes GREAT with beads!

jeffwelsh23462
09-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Jeff, what kind of glass is this? Not to be too nosy, but how do you make the loop?
ALL OF THE GLASS IS BOROSILICATE. I JUST HEAT IT UP AND PULL IT OUT AND OVER AND I USE NORTEL MINOR W/ 2 FLAMES AND I SWITCH TO THE SMALLER FLAME TO SEAL THE LOOP.

*Naos*
09-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Mmmmm, scrumptious beads. I especially like the Kumihimo piece - exquisite!

Here's what I've been playing with: good old black, ivory and transparent amber... I haven't played with poked dots for a while so this was fun. :)

daffodildeb
09-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks, Jeff--I was afraid it was boro. A bit too much for this HH user, I'm afraid. :(

Toni Lutman
09-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Some beautiful pieces today! Here's some Gaffer/Uroboros with lots of frit. I posted these in Val's forum, but thought I'd sneak theim in here too. :)

Toni

littlecrow1
09-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Awesome Work! I especially love the braiding...the two complement eachother soo much! :clap:

Here are a few of mine....intense black, loads of EDP, copper green, orange, clear , silvered ivory...layers and layers and swirls and raked..lol (The Vessel is hollow )
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=166269&stc=1
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=166270&stc=1
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=166271&stc=1

semiabstract
09-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Beautiful beads everyone!

one question though... Littlecrow? What is that fringy stuff you string your beautiful beads on?

littlecrow1
09-13-2004, 12:30 PM
:) one of my newest addictions...lol...Its called *Fun Fur* or *Tickle* yarn...its a really popular new fiber used mostly for knitting scarves and hats...you can get it at Wallmart for around $4 skein...there are some ebay sellers but I found out its wayyy cheaper to buy by the skein at local department stores.

You can incorporate it into jewelry also...still use your beading wire as a base but you can wind and thread this in for a really cool effect! :D

glass_beads
09-13-2004, 01:29 PM
What a great deal Deb! I have recently purchased (well, I didn't buy them, i picked em out and my mom bought em for me as a gift) several very pricey skeins of yarn from a nice fiber shop and let me tell you, they were WAY MORE EXPENSIVE than what you paid and several of the yarns I chose look just like yours. I got them to use in jewelry but they are so pretty and were so pricey I am having a hard time convincing myself to use them so for now they are sitting pretty in a basket in my library. It's one of my mom's favorite shops...I will have to have her look at walmart!

dogsrlove
09-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Organically inclined yesterday, had fun playing with turquoise, petroleum green, and whichever coral I had - great "reactions".
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Sep-2004/32795-P1010021.JPG
Peace out, :wave:
Vanessa

maureen
09-13-2004, 04:03 PM
nothing from me today....just got back from best bead boston....just wanted to show the beauty i got in trade from "jenny from the block"..heehee.........i love this bead....maureen

JavaGirlBT
09-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Haha! I saw Maureen's bead in person! It is gorgeous!

Here's a set that I had been trying to photograph for a few days with no success. It finally spurred me on to getting a cloud dome and some lights. What a difference!

mhartjen
09-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Awesome stuff everyone! Sonya and Chris ... you make the most beautiful boro beads! Kaye ... I love the different colors in that set! Here are two of mine for today.
Marna

tigerlil
09-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Haha! I saw Maureen's bead in person! It is gorgeous!

Here's a set that I had been trying to photograph for a few days with no success. It finally spurred me on to getting a cloud dome and some lights. What a difference!

Ellen those are beautiful! I'm having trouble with photos myself--I just bought a Sony Cybershot 5mp and so far it's not really so much greater than the much older camera I'm borrowing from my mom :( I know this is a tech thing, but just very quickly-

Maureen & Littlecrow: what camera are you guys using and do either of you use a cloud dome type set-up?

thanks--I'm trying to gauge whether I should be returning my camera

by the way, Everyone's beads are fabulous!!

Steffi
09-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Wow! Such beauty here!

Ellen, how did you make these??? They are wonderful! Can you give me a hint or is it a secret? (i hope not :p )

greetings

Steffi

Dallas
09-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi All, I borrowed a camera and took some pictures of beads that I want to post on e-bay. I have never done that though, so tell me what you think. I have also never had success posting pictures but here goes. Anyway let me know if you think these are e-bay worthy. Guess we will never know. It is not allowing me to post an attachment. It says I am forbidden and is giving me a 403 error. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Cheryl

JavaGirlBT
09-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Cheryl, make sure that the picture is in an allowable format and also that it is less than 500 pixels wide or tall. HTH

Steffi, the beads are black with dark silver plum decorations melted in. Easy as pie.

littlecrow1
09-13-2004, 07:06 PM
ohh this thread has been soo needed today....serious bead funk for some reason....I always feel inspired after seeing all this amazing glasswork! :clap:

My camera is simple but I love her... ;)
Shes a Kodak Easy Share CX6330 with the charging dock
I either take my pictues outside on my deck or under my studio lights..building a photo box is on my honey do list;)

Linnea
09-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Here is some glass, no beads untill tomorrow. First time at the torch in 4 months.

maureen
09-13-2004, 09:01 PM
i have a wicked epson "high tech" scanner. it takes a while for the pics to scan, but the result is very cool...plus a little tweaking in photoshop...maureen

Marie-Claude Chapman
09-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Just beautiful stuff everybody. So inspiring. Here's mine ... I used a square mandrel I got recently from Deb (littlecrow1) .. great mandrel ... I love it. Unfortunately the vessel has a crack in it. It was a painful sound I tell 'ya! Never mind. I still love it and am thinking of making a tiny glass flower bouquet to pop into it.