PDA

View Full Version : Lame attempt at a Stephanie style bracelet

Trey
09-12-2004, 03:24 PM
OK guys- I usually post in the glass forum but I am a lurker here. I attempted a Sersich type bracelet going on the direction from Lapidary Journal. I did not use any of the types of "string" she usually does. I used shells and wood beads as well as some cool buttons I found and fun fur. What do you guys think?? Sorry about the pic- no sun here today.

Traci

Mary Riggs
09-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Traci, I love your "lame attempt" !!!

I has an ethnic/rustic quality that is very unique and beautiful :clap: And with TEXTURE, which always grabs my eye! It has a seaside/shore/beachy feel to it.

On that note, I hope you are not impacted with "Ivan" this week.

You may have created a very unique 'niche' for yourself with this design.

GORGEOUS, MY DEAR !!!

TheBlueBetween
09-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Hi Trey! Wow - not at all lame! In fact, I think you just discovered your own "twist" on it and made it yours! :D Great bracelet - it's beautiful! :clap: :clap:

lizo
09-12-2004, 04:28 PM
I agree with everyone- it's beautiful!!! :clap: :clap:

Sometimes things don't turn out exactly like you meant. In that case, go with the flow! :cat: (Maybe that's the potter in me that's speaking.)

Liz

!Karen
09-12-2004, 04:41 PM
I think it's great, and I love the buttons, the shells, oh I love it all!

I think those bracelets are so interesting!

Good job!

Trey
09-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Wow thanks guys!! Never thought of it being my own twist. Guess I will have to expand on it- fun to make!!

Traci

debkauz
09-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Traci,
I wish that I could be so 'lame.' LOL! It's great! I also agree that it's cool to take something and put your own spin on it. Definately makes it yours. Great job. And...stop lurking and come on over!

Deb

LLane
09-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Traci..... yep!!! what they all said!!! Looks great.... those are some interesting beads and they look cool with the buttons!

Stay dry!
Peace,
Lois

Andee
09-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Tracy - that's not a lame attempt on a Stephanie style bracelet, it's a great attempt on a Tracy style bracelet! It looks really cool, I love it! :clap:

beclectic
09-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Traci, thanks for posting your great Tracy Style spiney knotted bracelet and welcome to Wearable Art.

The shell beads are wonderful and so different with the way the shell was cut to make very arty and modern solids and spaces. The use of other materials for the stringing material was inspired. I've been wanting to make a spiney knotted bracelet and have been held up by a lack of the "right" type of cord. Now you encourage me to experiment, that other stringing materials a valid. Why couldn't I see that?

Great brecelet and style! :clap:

McDuck
09-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Tracy,
Very nice! i love it! lame attempt? Isnt it funny how perceptions differ?
- Mary

toozygoot
09-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Tracy - cool, light and airy! Totally beachin'! I wouldn't change a single thing! You've really got one gorgeous bracelet there!

pat

ShineyObjects
09-18-2004, 07:18 AM
Traci,
Your bracelet is spectacular! Smacks of "Art". Texture, dimension, nice color balance, and the fun fur really kicked it up a notch! ...sort of techno-ethereal! I love it!
Sincerely,---------------Mona

chevy1659
09-25-2004, 12:09 AM
If that is a lame attempt...I would certainly like to see you do a real attempt...that bracelet is gorgeous :clap: ...it is a true one of a kind of you!

Be proud it is a beauty! Good job!

SuzyQ
09-25-2004, 07:16 AM
How pretty!! Give yourself some credit, that isn't lame at all.

Trey
09-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the nice comments guys!!<<<blushing
I am going to keep working with this style that is now "mine" LOL Take care- I'll show pics soon.

Traci

Lehcar
09-26-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't think that is lame at all! It is fun and unique. I love it!