PDA

View Full Version : Show & Tell Sunday 9/12/04

TheBlueBetween
09-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Here is another ring! These are so fun!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2004/27814-1ring2.jpg

beclectic
09-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Great displayed on the clear rod. Perfect way to show a ring. You could even photograph it from slightly above and show the back part of the ring to I bet. This is another pretty neutral. They would be right at home with a cocktail dress as well as more casual wear. How do you size these? Are you using a ring mandral? Is this a pattern you made up? It reminds me a lot of those pearl bracelets that Kate McKinnon makes.

carebear
09-12-2004, 11:13 AM
hey..another great ring! and in wonderful colors too!

this is my autumn bracelet...wore it to work last night (if I've never mentioned I'm a bartender/waitress/restaurant manager so all my jewelry gets a REAL workout) and the bracelet held up just fine...

carrie

TheBlueBetween
09-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Great displayed on the clear rod. Perfect way to show a ring. You could even photograph it from slightly above and show the back part of the ring to I bet. This is another pretty neutral. They would be right at home with a cocktail dress as well as more casual wear. How do you size these? Are you using a ring mandral? Is this a pattern you made up? It reminds me a lot of those pearl bracelets that Kate McKinnon makes.

Hi Barbara - thanks - I have a whole bunch of these clear rods that are too big for my torch to melt for some reason - I don't know why they won't melt - they came with all the used studio equipment I bought so I'm not even sure if they are soft glass - so good thing Andee suggested them for displaying earrings - and that I remembered it for rings!

They remind me of Kate's jewelry too - after I made the first one I pulled her book out again and said, yup looks like her shag carpet of peals. Maybe a little throw rug ;) It's the colors - these are the colors she uses a lot.

On my to-do list is ordering a ring mandrel and if there is such a thing, a bracelet mandrel from Rio - right now I just measure on me and have no idea how to say what size they are. I think while I'm at it I will order my hand saw, bench pin and some drill bits ;)

Pretty bracelet Carrie - I like the colors together :)

Lenda
09-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Hi all. Never posted over here so since I've finally done something, after 4 long months, I thought I'd show you and say hi! I made some beads using the pillow press, but I made the bracelet for myself so who cares if they're not perfect? Nice ring Pam~ Lovely bracelet Carrie~
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2004/10665-chickletsbracelet1.jpg

beclectic
09-12-2004, 11:39 AM
hey..another great ring! and in wonderful colors too!

this is my autumn bracelet...wore it to work last night (if I've never mentioned I'm a bartender/waitress/restaurant manager so all my jewelry gets a REAL workout) and the bracelet held up just fine...

carrie

Interesting toggle. I would have though that a round bead would pull right back through but it sounds like yours didn't and it had a workout. It makes a really coordinated bracelet

Nice colors and bead mix.

Edited to add: Hi Lenda so glad you stopped by and posted your lovely bracelet. Wow, those beads are fantastic, I don't see any imperfections but I'm not an expert. The beads are so flowery and the bracelet is just georgeous. I really like the simple way you've expressed flowers on these beads and how each bead is slightly different. The soft green background makes them look like they are still in the garden.

Edited again to add: Pam could that clear glass be Boro? What kind of torch are you using?

McDuck
09-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Oh Pam, send the first one to Donna, (See I share :p ) send this one to me, keep practicing! I know you will get it right soon! :evil: :wink2:

Carrie, that is quite cute! I like the toggle idea too. Glad to know it held up!

HELLO LENDA :D (see I broke out the Lenda Smile!!! :clap: ) A BIG WELCOME to the Wearables! I sure miss you since I barely have time for this forumn adn hardly ever get into the glass ones anymore. :( I love it! Wanna make me a one too? slightly off, yeah sure right, looks great to me! but then again I have always loved your beads!

As for me, I made a size 6 spiral bracelet last night whilst watching the first harry potter with Dan and his parents. Finished it of with a Lish D. flower. When I get a chance I will post, but most likely tomorrow. I also finished my first and last ever size 11 crochet bracelet. :eek: *EEP* that sucks using such small beads. I will try again with 8's next time. 6's are just too large I think.

Have a great and wonderful day to you all.

I am back to the studio...

huggles,
mary...errrr...mcduck

TheBlueBetween
09-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Edited again to add: Pam could that clear glass be Boro? What kind of torch are you using?

I don't know! Is boro solid or hollow? I have a minor but it's on an oxy concentrator instead of oxy tank so I think it burns a little cooler. It's the same torch she used to melt them so I think the difference must be the oxygen. I really don't know - it's one of my puzzles about all this used stuff I bought.

SuzyQ
09-12-2004, 12:24 PM
What a fun ring!!

Lenda - That's a great bracelet. I just can't see what isn't right about those beads..... so if you have some more imperfect things you want to get rid of..... :)

TheBlueBetween
09-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi Lenda! Great bracelet and great beads! What is wrong with them? They look too wonderful just the way they are :)

Mary, I want to see your seed bead work!!!!!! Now!!!!!!

Lenda
09-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi Lenda! Great bracelet and great beads! What is wrong with them? They look too wonderful just the way they are :)

Hi everyone! OK, what's wrong with the beads. Look at the holes, see the little OVER stuff going on? THey're supposed to go IN, not OUT! I just had a tad too long of a footprint on them and that's what happened. No, they're not Horrible, just not Correct, see? LOL! :D

Thanks for the welcome's, I NEED to hang out on another forum doncha know! :eek: :rolleyes:

bubbasjewels
09-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Oh Lenda :clap:
Innies or outties................they look great :)

Andee
09-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Pam - another cute ring, I love it! And I like your set-up! :)

Carrie - nice bracelet!

Lenda - Welcome to the Wearables! I like the bracelet and the beads, I think they're gorgeous!

Emjay
09-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Great to see you over here. Lenda!! Gorgeous bracelet!

framerak
09-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Pam, I think the ring is scrumptious! I'm a total pearl whore so anything with pearls talks to me.

Carrie, I love the colors in your bracelet. Very fall-like.

Lenda, those beads are beauteous! I think you're being way too hard on yourself (who among us isn't???) but I'm always willing to take those imperfect beads off your hands!

Nothing from me today - still working my Dutch spiral and battling the hip tendonitis (GRRRRRR - it sucks to get old!!).

Angela

goodluck
09-13-2004, 01:37 AM
Beautiful pillow pressed beads!! I came in here for inspiration and you're giving it to me along with everyone here posting on this wonderful site. Looking forward to seeing more of your work when you get organized. ***gloria :wink2:

beclectic
09-13-2004, 07:17 AM
<snip>
Nothing from me today - still working my Dutch spiral and battling the hip tendonitis (GRRRRRR - it sucks to get old!!).

Angela

Hi Angela, yeah, I agree about the getting old but the alternative sucks even more. :D Hope your hip feels better soon.

Gloria - welcome to Wearable Art.

Lenda - I understand why you don't feel they are perfect but over here we just grind down the holes until they are not sharp (if they are) and then the beads are perfect in our eyes. Of course it is better not to have to grind but you can't always have everything and those beads are just too pretty to throw in the wonkie box and forget about. Your bracelet was a good solution.

I was thinking that in a situation where the holes aren't as pretty as they could be a person could make a bead cap or flat disc out of a coil of sterling or gold and hide the holes, or you could just put a shell heisi on each side of the bead to hide the hole.

Lenda
09-13-2004, 07:55 AM
Lenda - I understand why you don't feel they are perfect but over here we just grind down the holes until they are not sharp (if they are) and then the beads are perfect in our eyes. Of course it is better not to have to grind but you can't always have everything and those beads are just too pretty to throw in the wonkie box and forget about. Your bracelet was a good solution.

I was thinking that in a situation where the holes aren't as pretty as they could be a person could make a bead cap or flat disc out of a coil of sterling or gold and hide the holes, or you could just put a shell heisi on each side of the bead to hide the hole.
Barbara, the holes aren't sharp, they just don't dimple in like they're supposed to! I've strung them on Softflex 49 strand so I don't think they'll cut or wear, they're not that bad. Since they're my first pillows, I understand what I did wrong per say, and have corrected that part! Ummm, being a lampworker doesn't let me "grind them till they're smooth!);) They have to be right or else I don't sell them!:D :wink2: Wear them yes, sell them no. Well unless I TELL the buyer exactly what they're getting of course!:D

Gloria, Welcome to WC! It's nice to see that my pillows have caused you to "de-lurk" as the saying goes. I know you'll find ton's of inspiration here, the people are just full of it!:D
:wave:

beclectic
09-13-2004, 08:17 AM
<snip>
Gloria, Welcome to WC! It's nice to see that my pillows have caused you to "de-lurk" as the saying goes. I know you'll find ton's of inspiration here, the people are just full of it!:D
:wave:

Speaking only for myself I'm full of it.. but I'm not sure it is inspiration. :D

LLane
09-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Hey .... all.... beautiful stuff here as usual... I missed you all on Sunday as I was busy at a show... but trying to catch up!!!

Lenda..... love the bracelet.... might need to try that press myself... I like the look alot! And I"m with you.... I never know if I pick up sage or avocado!! :confused:

Peace,
Lois

Lenda
09-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Speaking only for myself I'm full of it.. but I'm not sure it is inspiration. :D
LMAO Barbara!!! After I wrote that thinking what YOU'RE thinking, I wanted to put the :evil: after it, but I was too late! LOL!!

Thanks Lois, see, now you need to get the lentil out too, made some really cute little lentils last night!! You'll just LOVE those little guys for jewelry! You just needed a little push to get your press out!:D