PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 9/12 Show and Squeal

Tink
09-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Ok. So I've been searching for the Sunday show and tell thread to no avail. Usually those things start up right after midnight, but here it is 9:30 AM EST and no thread?!?!?!

Not that I have a lot to show or tell about, mind you. In fact, I already put pics of this bead up in another thread or two. I'm no good at vacations. LOL! I am more than a little eager to get back to work tomorrow.

My first bead with R-108 frit: Brushed sterling caps. The bead is hollow.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2004/10179-brainstorma.jpg

quill
09-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Lovely tink!
Here is a heart in purple & dichroic as well as one in a new color combo for me-

backroombeads
09-12-2004, 10:06 AM
gee whiz!! where is everyone? Great bead Tink! This is one from last week using lots of Val's frits and a variety of "stuff". Hope you're all having a great weekend. Pat

Steffi
09-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi Tink!

Your bead is faboulus! I love it!

Here's my recent Ebay set. It ends in 5 hours, but i'm not that satisfied about the price...

On the other side, i can't wait for the mail to come! I ordered a CBS combo, a bead squeeze, the tabs upgrade and the square upgrade! I must be nuts.....but what the heck, i love beading!!!

greetings

Steffi

lepoppet
09-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Here's two for me. Happy Sunday All!

Maria

koregon
09-12-2004, 10:17 AM
beautiful beads!

Have a great Sunday everyone

xoticbead
09-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Steffi
I don't usually like most "pink" beads but that set of yours really caught my eye.Really Yummi. Great job
Liz :wave:

Lenda
09-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi All, it's been FOREVER since I've posted anything. My first beadies using the pillow press, a few ends need work but I loved them anyways and made a bracelet for myself!:D I used either avacado or sage green, I think~ ANd beautiful beads everyone! (looks like I need to work on photography skills, I think I forgot all the settings on my camera!)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2004/10665-chickletsbracelet1.jpg

starlightdesigns
09-12-2004, 12:04 PM
G' morning all!

Where is everyone? This is amazing... Hard to believe everyone's sleeping in... that or off to church...

Anyhoo ~ haven't been making that many since my dog was killed on Thursday, but I have a couple to share...

something for Halloween... all Moretti. All lentils except for the candy corn...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2004/37248-dls184gallery.jpg

just playing around with transparent pale emerald (or something like that) and a bunch of stringer shorties...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2004/37248-dls185.jpg

and finally, I posted these in my dog thread, but I thought they were cute enough to share here, my "Eddie beads"...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2004/37248-eddiebeads.jpg

Meanwhile, everyone's work is spectacular as usual. I especially love Tink's bead and Lenda, that bracelet is so beautiful ~ my colors!

Hugs everyone,

kybeadmaker
09-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Ah Raku....I am beginning to love it. The hint of using a cold brass mold to shape and bring out the color has helped alot. Tink, love your hollow. Great work eveyone, you continue to inspire :)

jkittels
09-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Great Beads everyone....I've got to try some of the raku frit...Everyone seems to be having sooo much fun with it!

Here are a few beads that I put in this weekends artshow...All of these are boro..

Moth
09-12-2004, 01:19 PM
I posted this one in another thread, but I am pretty happy with it, so I will show it here too. :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2004/24464-seagreenstripero.jpg

~~Mary

emmytr1
09-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Everyone's beads are wonderful, I really want some of Val's raku frit but I'm never home when it goes on sale. :crying:
Here are a couple of mine, the usual, but their my favorites to make.
Mary Lou

firemonkey
09-12-2004, 01:58 PM
A wide variety of fun and beautiful today. I am really loving the raku effect! Harriet, those are stunning.

In keeping with the title of this thread, I will be a little porker.
I posted these late at night in the "raking" thread, and since the picture was already taken, I'll be lazy and re-post!
All moretti, all the time...

jbriz
09-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Gosh, there are so many beautiful beads today (as always...). It's always such a joy to browse through these and see what everyone is doing. Enjoyed them all!

Mary, I hate to single out any one submission, but I've gotta say that not only is your bead drop dead gorgeous, but you have captured it so wonderfully with the light shining through...absolutely beautiful!!

jeffwelsh23462
09-12-2004, 02:47 PM
HELLO EVERYONE, GOOD SUNDAY TO YOU ALL! I have been very busy this weekend getting alot of various glass pieces, here are just a few. have been getting alot of requests for glass rings so i have made over 20 this weekend various colors and designs, along with more sea dragons, and bracelets.

CorriDawn
09-12-2004, 02:54 PM
I made this teal and black vessel last night. I am trying to make something for my little sister for Homecoming, so all the beads in my kiln were teal and black.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2004/42748-teal_vessel.jpg

Corri

mwillis
09-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Happy Sunday, Everyone!
All of your work is so Beautiful!!!! Do you get a metallic luster with that raku frit??? I would love to see some of those in real life, they look awesome.

Here is my first goddess bead....carved earthenware with maplewood glaze.

Melinda, hanging out in the AC until it cools off a little, and then it's back out to the gardens for me..

Steffi
09-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Wow, Melinda!

Your goddess is awesome!

greetings

Steffi

mwillis
09-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Thank you, Steffi!
I do like how it turned out. I made another one but I am afraid it will be added to my ever- growing reject box. I wasn't happy with the leaf placement and the stance seems kind of archaic. Oh well, practice, practice, practice.

TTFN
Melinda

ChristyL
09-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Beautiful work everyone! I am still in goddess mode, this one is ivory with a handmixed pink ribbon on her hip, and a CZ in her bellybutton. The lentil is ivory, brown, and a mystery olive green that I got out of a stringer pack. The last goddess is with the mango coral and has a yellow mili flower on her hip.
Hugs*
ChristyL

JayneM
09-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Oh my!!My husband wants to play calfie with your goddess beads. They are really cool.

JayneM
09-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Here are 2 sets, and a focal that I made and listed on the bay. The teal focal has a strip of gaffer cane in it which makes it look whispy, the little pinkie-purple beads are made with tuti fruity frit, and the greenie mixed beads are made with raku. I love frit, and can't stop using it.

Kerensamere
09-12-2004, 09:33 PM
HELLO EVERYONE, GOOD SUNDAY TO YOU ALL! I have been very busy this weekend getting alot of various glass pieces, here are just a few. have been getting alot of requests for glass rings so i have made over 20 this weekend various colors and designs, along with more sea dragons, and bracelets.

Jeff, is the last piece you are showing a ring or a braclet? What size? How much? I LOVE the way the dichro looks on that piece! PM me if you like.

-Jen

swamperfolk
09-13-2004, 06:53 AM
WOW - awesome work everyone. Jeff, that second photo, the open gold ring is terrific.

*Naos*
09-13-2004, 10:01 AM
WOOHOO! Great show'n'squeal!! I especially like the raked beads by firemonkey. I've always been drawn to that pattern, probably because it's such an ancient technique - it just calls to me. :)

Am

AlaskaBarb
09-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Great beads. Good-Goddess, almighty -- they're like AnnaNicole, after the diet.

BTW, I think it should always be called "Show and Squeal"

Barb