PDA

View Full Version : Wia 9/12/04

GardensOnGlass
09-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Well, I'll start today. Went to the Boston Best Bead Show yesterday. Much fun. Went with Sonje (Moonlight Creations) and Cyndi (Cyndilee) from Maine and met up with about 14 other WCers. I've posted pictures in the glass lobby: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215700

Sadly, I think I'm having camera problems. It's showing that I have 15 images, but only 9 show up on the viewer & only 9 downloaded, so, I don't have a picture of Sonje & Cyndi. I think you can see Cyndi in the back of the picture of Lewis Wilson (she has a periwinkle sweater on).

There were several new vendors there this year. I really loved the offerings of Lillypilly Designs (www.lillypillydesigns.com). Heidi laser etches bone/horn/wood & shell. Terrific designs & very light weight. I bought a pendant & earrings pieces to work with. You all should check her site out! I met Thomas from SoftFlex, very nice guy. He's posted here before. And, I spent money I really didn't have to spend, but it was a fun day. Sonje dropped me off at the ice rink here in Biddeford. Matt played in 2 games yesterday (he's a goalie) and his team won both games! Yeah! He has a special guardian angel watching over him, nurturing his natural talent.

Well, gotta run. Caiti (the Princess) is 18 today, Gabi is 14 tomorrow & I have about 50 people (yikes) coming to the house this afternoon. Of course, I have no help to get things ready. The Princess is still sleeping, Gabi is lolling on the couch & Tim & Matt have headed back to the rink for a play-off game this morning. If he wins this morning, he plays again at 1 today & Gabi has 2 soccer games this afternoon. I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to do everything I need to do & be everywhere I need to be, but hopefully it'll all work out. Have a wonderful day my wearable friends!

tamjai
09-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Good morning all :wave:
Lori - it sounds like you have your work cut out for you! if we were your 'actual neighbours' instead of virtual ones - we'd be on your doorstep :D wishing you luck and sending good vibes.....
the bead show sounds like fun - wish we had those here in halifax although, it looks like i'll be moving to Victoria B.C. november first - just in time to miss the fraser valley bead show! but it will be exciting/nervewracking - this is a big country to cross! i have to get the apartment sublet and packed myself because my sweetie is over there - mind you, i wouldn't want to be in his shoes.....he has to find an apartment that he thinks i'll like without me there to see it - thats a scary job for a guy!!! :wink2:
well, i hope everyone is having a great weekend
cheers,
tam

GardensOnGlass
09-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Tam, the thoughts of packing up (yikes) and moving, even across the street, scares the bejeepers out of me. I don't ever want to have to pack up. I hope someone has to do it after I'm gone. Good luck to you! Maybe you'll be able to meet up with Barrie when you get there!

TheBlueBetween
09-12-2004, 10:40 AM
good morning :)

Sounds like a great bead show! And YES to lillypilly - i shared that link a few weeks back - aren't her things GREAT?! I read an article about her in a mag...

Well I made about 40 beads yesterday. A couple of keepers. Actually most of them were for custom orders (!) so I didn't get to play too much like I've been dying to.

Good luck Tam - I hate moving, but it is exciting and a good excuse to get rid of things you don't use anymore. You will LOVE Victoria though - One of the nicest little places in the world. :) And you will be close to seattle and bead shows! My husband (before we were married) picked out our first house without me seeing it. Long story... but we did get married so it all worked out ;)

Off to clean beads - have a nice day everyone :)

Pam

beclectic
09-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Lori - sounds like between cleaning and running around you should be finished just in time to go to bed late. Good luck on your overfull day. If I lived closer I'd do some of the dropping people off at games for you so you could get ready for your company. Thanks for all the great pictures of the show. Sometimes you can use the software that came with the camara to delete everything from the camara and that may correct the problem. There is also usually a way to clear the flash card and reset it so you may need to do that to get rid of what sounds like an indexing problem.

Pam - you'll have to show us what you make for those custom orders. I know it is not as exciting to do same old stuff but it is still pretty and I for one would like to see it. I am thinking that something similar to the Lillypilly etching could be done on glass with a resist of wax and that thicker etching paste. I would think that some of the larger pillow and lentil shapes would be ideal for it.

Tam - that will be quit a move. I was looking at a map of Canada the other day and the size of the different sections just is amazing. Each part of Canada is big enough to be a big European country. What a move but it will be fun once you get settled in. I think the idea of packing is even worse than the actuality. Take it in small steps and give yourself a reward whenever you finish a segment of packing and it won't seem so overwhelming. I have a thing I do where I don't even think about the big job. I just look at the small job, feel good about it and go on to the next one. This really helps me not to feel overwhelmed. I have to do it this way because if I feel overwhelmed I just sit down and don't do anything but feel depressed, so I trick myself and just concentrate on the details of the job at hand.

I'm going to be finishing a AOGK (Act of Glass Kindness) for someone on the CA who has been having a hard time and I'm also going to do another one for another person. I have 2 bathrooms to clean (oh boy, fun :eek: ) and I have some sorting and packing of things I need to mail. It is a full day and the day is almost half over already so once I peek in at the CA I've got to get to work. (I just remembered I need to find my Satake glass that has gone missing, I know I put it away somewhere safe, now where was that? :D I'll find it eventually.)

Y'all have a fun and productive day,

McDuck
09-12-2004, 11:42 AM
:wave: the fast drive by..Hello All! :wave:

-Mary the way to busy needs another vacation already McDuck

Charlee
09-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Hey y'all! Life is beginning to settle down into its normal (what's that?) routines again. I've been home a couple of weeks now and my grandmother is back home and doing much better. Thanks to everyone for being so supportive. For those of you who don't know - I spent the month of August in North Little Rock, AR, (about 2.5 hours away) with my Gran in the hospital there. Luckily, my mom lives there, so I didn't have to spend every night at the hospital - ugh. Gran's 86 and apparently has the constitution of a team of oxen - her docs didn't think she'd make it at all.

Nice to be back in the swing. I missed y'all!

Bangs
09-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Charlee, nice to see you back--glad all is better with your grandmother. I have relatives near your neck of the woods, Batesville, and have been to Jonesboro, too.

Lori, sounds like way too much to do!

Tam, you'll do just fine with the move! It can be a great adventure. My DH had to find a place for us once when he was transferred. All I can say is that a lot was left out of the translation when he described it to me, LOL!!

Barbara, I wish I felt like doing something generous with my work. I donated a bangle to the hospice auction a few months ago, but even the basic creative juices are flowing slow right now.