PDA

View Full Version : morning


rsmak
06-08-2001, 12:19 AM
<IMG SRC="http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2001/morninggloria;.jpg" border=0>

This is done with watercolour pencil.8x11 inches.please critique.thanks.
rosanna

------------------
Colour my world!
-----
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

faymcivor
06-08-2001, 07:05 AM
Rosanna it looks as though you had a abit of a problem controlling your paint alittle messy towards the bottom,and abit at the top,I have seen better work from you Rosanna,nice colors though Fay http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
[email protected]
LET'S FRAME IT Ph 061738804155,Fax 061738804166
http://www.notthetate.co.uk/faym
ICQ 27673626

rsmak
06-08-2001, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Fay.
this is watercolour pencil. I have not get a well contold of it.will try to get better.
rosanna

------------------
Colour my world!
-----
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

[This message has been edited by rsmak (edited June 08, 2001).]

Ivyleaf
06-08-2001, 02:23 PM
What I like most about watercolor pencil is their versatility. You can use them dry, you can dip the pencil in water and then draw on either wet or dry paper, you can wet the paper and use the pencils dry overtop, or you can use them dry then water them down. Makes for a fun time and looks like you had fun doing this one. My favorite is to do them dry then mist where I want them to run together. I like the different purple tones you have gotten with these http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"Baby, keep smilin', you know the sun is shinin'" Lou Bega

[This message has been edited by Ivyleaf (edited June 08, 2001).]

rsmak
06-08-2001, 08:02 PM
Thanks,ivyleaf.
I use them dry and brush with water after, I will try all other forms.
rosanna

------------------
Colour my world!
-----
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

taghera
06-08-2001, 09:36 PM
To me the two flowers in the middle are competing for attention, tone one of them down abit, otherwise it looks well. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Every child is an artist, The problem is to remain an artist when he grows up,----Pablo Ruizy Picasso.

carly
06-08-2001, 10:24 PM
If this is a beginning with the watercolor pencils...then you are definitely on the right track! This piece is very illustrative. I like the looseness you achieved with the vines. Just add more greens to the leaves especially the center ones...the greens carry the eye thru the painting. The flowers stop the eye for viewing. I agree about the two being the same intensity...the one in the back could be shaded a bit more.

Really nice work!
carly

------------------
"Everything is not art and Art is not everything, but it comes close."....carly

Rod
06-09-2001, 07:31 AM
I agree with previous comments, add more green and shading to the leaves and make one center flower the focal point,
Rod.

------------------
Check out My Watercolour Cd-rom &lt;.....Rod's shameless plug (http://www.artistnation.com/members/paris/rodzart/cdrom/)
Rodzart from New Zealand (http://www.artistnation.com/members/paris/rodzart/)

rsmak
06-09-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by taghera:
To me the two flowers in the middle are competing for attention, tone one of them down abit, otherwise it looks well. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif



Thanks,taghera,I think you are right.
rosanna


------------------
Colour my world!
-----
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

rsmak
06-09-2001, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by carly:
If this is a beginning with the watercolor pencils...then you are definitely on the right track! This piece is very illustrative. I like the looseness you achieved with the vines. Just add more greens to the leaves especially the center ones...the greens carry the eye thru the painting. The flowers stop the eye for viewing. I agree about the two being the same intensity...the one in the back could be shaded a bit more.

Really nice work!
carly



thanks,carly,you are very nice tp point out the good and bad side.
rosanna


------------------
Colour my world!
-----
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44

rsmak
06-09-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Rod:
I agree with previous comments, add more green and shading to the leaves and make one center flower the focal point,
Rod.


Thanks,rod.I do not know why I always have the same problem.
rosanna



------------------
Colour my world!
-----
http://www.geocities.com/rsmak44